ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1461 » by Rastas » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:39 am

Not worth arguing with the Ben Haters boy's.
They not going to change there position any time soon.
To them Ben is always the problem for holding Joel back from leading the Sixers to a chip.

Once Ben is gone they can concentrate on another scape goat.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#1462 » by syntax » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:46 am

eyeatoma wrote:Good god I'm swarmed by Simmons stans in an Embiid thread. This is what I get for posting when only Aussies are awake.

Nice retort to the facts presented to you. Simmons hater.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1463 » by Tomjas » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:49 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Because apart from this year, the Sixers have treated him like ****. Never building around him. The BC regime tried to paint him as a villain, and sided with Ben fully and ofcourse burner gate. The only time the Sixers had an actual contender, they traded the player that made them that, to appease a primadonna socialite. I think Jo might not be in on getting younger pieces that can't produce now. Unless it's a star like Lillard, Beal, Lavine, or Fox I would not be surprised if he doesn't sign the supermax. I could be making more of this than is necessary, but it is definitely curious that he has not signed yet. I do agree though, it is odd for a player to turn down that kind of security, but this is one of the biggest pieces of leverage he has. So might as well use it and get the team around you that you desire.

I seem to remember a guy named Al Horford who was signed to a ridiculously inflated contract in order to help Embiid defend Giannis and give him time off

Name a single $100 million player signed to make Ben’s job easier

Hell, name a $20 million player

Hint: don’t waste your time looking

Joel has been babied way more than Ben when it comes to roster construction and load management

You will rightly say that it’s how it should be but let’s not pretend that Joel hasn’t been favoured here
Lol ok buddy.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Facts

I have said that Ben must be traded so don’t throw the Ben Stan bs at me

The biggest single issue at the Sixers is a lack of leadership

Neither Ben OR Joel are leaders and neither was Jimmy (remember when he bailed on the Kawhi defensive assignment?)

They have desperately needed someone to kick both their arses
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#1464 » by eyeatoma » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:55 am

syntax wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Good god I'm swarmed by Simmons stans in an Embiid thread. This is what I get for posting when only Aussies are awake.

Nice retort to the facts presented to you. Simmons hater.

Dude what you said prior to that was an absolute lie. You choose to ignore enough articles that show that Simmons was catered to. This was the first year that they made a change to that, and guess what we were the #1 team in the east. Simmons nuked the Sixers chances against the Hawks. Embiid is tired of his ish, and he has every right to be. Ben no longer has BC protecting him, and Morey new from day 1 that Simmons was not the right fit on this team with him trying to trade him for Harden.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1465 » by eyeatoma » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:58 am

Tomjas wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
I seem to remember a guy named Al Horford who was signed to a ridiculously inflated contract in order to help Embiid defend Giannis and give him time off

Joel has been babied way more than Ben when it comes to roster construction and load management

You will rightly say that it’s how it should be but let’s not pretend that Joel hasn’t been favoured here
Lol ok buddy.

Facts

I have said that Ben must be traded so don’t throw the Ben Stan bs at me

The biggest single issue at the Sixers is a lack of leadership

Neither Ben OR Joel are leaders and neither was Jimmy (remember when he bailed on the Kawhi defensive assignment?)

They have desperately needed someone to kick both their arses

They got Al to help Jo? Really that's why Jo was pissed an posted a confused post on twitter when he was signed? That's why he was upset about JJ and Jimmy being let go? Yeah he was definitely on board with Al, cmon man, what are you talking about. Maybe you're not a Simmons stan, but that move of Al actually helped Ben more than Jo. That being said maybe Brand tried to help Jo, but that was the dumbest way to help him, so I wouldn't really qualify that as a legitimate attempt at helping him.

Really Jo has been babied because of injuries? Woudl you rather he play every game and breakdown? Are you telling me that he has been babied more than Ben? What planet are you living under?

Agree with the Sixers lack of leadership, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Jo has every right to not sign until he knows the direction of the team, and whether they'll actually be able to fix this mess with Ben.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,995

Post#1466 » by Bum Adebayo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:20 am

Can't wait until Simmons is traded, this Aussie worship will end for good.
Horrible takes since 2016
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 409

Post#1467 » by Zumramania » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:48 am

And it's even funnier considering that he couldn't give less f*** about playing for their national team.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1468 » by Tomjas » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:25 am

Zumramania wrote:And it's even funnier considering that he couldn't give less f*** about playing for their national team.

Already been disproven

Much like the rest of the rumours

Trade Ben for value and everyone will be happy
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,070

Post#1469 » by Embiid P » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:19 pm

I wonder what Yuuby's thinking right now?
Misteclipse
Junior
And1: 375

Post#1470 » by Misteclipse » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Tomjas wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Why?

Only one to turn down that sort of security is LeBron
who rolled with multiple deals of smaller duration but he’s an Ironman who earns hundreds of millions in endorsements

Because apart from this year, the Sixers have treated him like ****. Never building around him. The BC regime tried to paint him as a villain, and sided with Ben fully and ofcourse burner gate. The only time the Sixers had an actual contender, they traded the player that made them that, to appease a primadonna socialite. I think Jo might not be in on getting younger pieces that can't produce now. Unless it's a star like Lillard, Beal, Lavine, or Fox I would not be surprised if he doesn't sign the supermax. I could be making more of this than is necessary, but it is definitely curious that he has not signed yet. I do agree though, it is odd for a player to turn down that kind of security, but this is one of the biggest pieces of leverage he has. So might as well use it and get the team around you that you desire.

Surely you don't actually believe we signed Horford "to help Embiid defend Giannis." Good God that's a reach. Everybody on this board knew that was an awful fit with Embiid. Horford was brought in to give Ben a big that can shoot. Not to mention the biggest disaster of them all, letting Jimmy go to appease Ben because Jimmy was a much better playmaker than Ben will ever be.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1471 » by eyeatoma » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Well I guess this answers my question. Congrats Jo, so happy for you and how far you have come. Even with injury risk he is worth it. Man negotiated his own contract, who needs agents, get your bag.. No restrictions on the contract. Even better news, the meniscus tear does not need surgery!!

SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#1472 » by SixthStreet » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:37 pm

Well earned. Congrats to Joel!
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#1473 » by KramerDSP » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:48 pm

It’s the greatest comeback story in NBA history, IMO. Joel Embiid missed the entirety of his first two seasons, and 2/3rds of his third season, and goes on to earn at least $400 million dollars in a career, guaranteed.

If Embiid gets us a ring, I am convinced there will be a Disney movie made about him.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#1474 » by Kobblehead » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:23 pm

Good for Embiid. We're definitely going to win a title with him in the next 3-6 years. Our young pups are coming.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,070

Post#1475 » by Embiid P » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:52 pm

KramerDSP wrote:It’s the greatest comeback story in NBA history, IMO. Joel Embiid missed the entirety of his first two seasons, and 2/3rds of his third season, and goes on to earn at least $400 million dollars in a career, guaranteed.

If Embiid gets us a ring, I am convinced there will be a Disney movie made about him.

My question is, who in the world would be tall enough to play him in a movie except Joel himself? lol
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,042

Post#1476 » by Sixerscan » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:50 am

Awesome news. Assuming something terrible doesn't happen this more or less ensures that he's going to get his number retired and go down as one of the greatest players in team history. Hope they can build a championship level team around him at some point, but just having legends around a franchise like Dr. J and Iverson is a huge part of sports. Cool we have another guy like that.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#1477 » by Murray_17 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:28 am

I find increidble that he left a year on the table and only signed four.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1478 » by eyeatoma » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:29 am

Murray_17 wrote:I find increidble that he left a year on the table and only signed four.

Probably just being smart. If he's still playing well at the end of the contract, he'll get another big one.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#1479 » by stormi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:31 am

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,840

Post#1480 » by mjkvol » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:32 am

Maybe Joel looks at $260 million and doesn't feel like he left a damned thing on the table. Imagine that.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin

Return to Philadelphia 76ers