ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1781 » by Saciid11 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Sacramento is the best trading partner and most realistic trade for Pascal.

Pascal + filler for Fox

Or

Pascal for Buddy Hield+ Bagley + Davion Mitchell + future 1rd pick ...
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#1782 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:14 pm

c3luong wrote:It's crazy that I'm the only one that would do neither deal. Doesn't make sense to trade away our third best player right now for Markkanen who we could have just signed for nothing (if we wanted him, we could have made space), and Coby who probably will never turn into anything (wish him the best, but just being realistic).

And I value wins next year very little...but you gotta get more (e.g. anything of value?) back for Boucher.

1. Boucher is not our 3rd best player
2. No we couldn't have signed Markkanen for nothing. He wants more than the MLE, we had no capspace after the Lowry deal and Chicago is reportedly looking for a first to facilitate a S&T.
3. Coby is incredibly talented. Not sure how you think White will probably be nothing but you believe in Barnes who's shown nothing at the NBA level.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1783 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:15 pm

Saciid11 wrote:Sacramento is the best trading partner and most realistic trade for Pascal.

Pascal + filler for Fox

Or

No Haliburton, no deal.

Even then, I still like Golden States youngsters more than Sacramento's.
c3luong
Senior
And1: 343

Post#1784 » by c3luong » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:22 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
c3luong wrote:It's crazy that I'm the only one that would do neither deal. Doesn't make sense to trade away our third best player right now for Markkanen who we could have just signed for nothing (if we wanted him, we could have made space), and Coby who probably will never turn into anything (wish him the best, but just being realistic).

And I value wins next year very little...but you gotta get more (e.g. anything of value?) back for Boucher.

1. Boucher is not our 3rd best player
2. No we couldn't have signed Markkanen for nothing. He wants more than the MLE, we had no capspace after the Lowry deal and Chicago is reportedly looking for a first to facilitate a S&T.
3. Coby is incredibly talented. Not sure how you think White will probably be nothing but you believe in Barnes who's shown nothing at the NBA level.

1. FVV, OG, Boucher is how I have it to start the year. Put Siakam somewhere in there once he gets back from injury.
2. Could have had cap space depending on what we were doing with Lowry. We chose to go into the Lowry deal and give up the cap space - could have opted to keep the cap space if we wanted to.
3. Barnes could be anything, he has not played a game in the NBA so far. He was picked pretty high, so I assume he can be pretty good, but it's a crapshoot really. For Coby - he has a track record, which is pretty bad. Both on offense and on defense. You could say based on his "tools" or your eyes that he could get better, but the reality is that today he is bad.
c3luong
Senior

Post#1785 » by c3luong » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:25 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Saciid11 wrote:Sacramento is the best trading partner and most realistic trade for Pascal.

Pascal + filler for Fox

Or

No Haliburton, no deal.

Even then, I still like Golden States youngsters more than Sacramento's.

I agree with this. If Philly is allowed to ask for 17 picks in exchange for Simmons, the least we can get for Siakam is a good young player.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#1786 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:25 pm

Pascal + filler for Fox

Or

Why would you trade Pascal? I don't understand why people think thats a good deal...none of those players are btter than Siakam and its very unlikely any of them would be in the future. So why trade away an allstar who wants to be in Toronto, the best player in the package for a bunch of players who create a logjam in our roster?

Not to mention the offer is probably just Hield and Bagley.
c3luong
Senior

Post#1787 » by c3luong » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:27 pm

OhCanada1091 wrote:

Pascal + filler for Fox

Or

Why would you trade Pascal? I don't understand why people think thats a good deal...none of those players are btter than Siakam and its very unlikely any of them would be in the future. So why trade away an allstar who wants to be in Toronto, the best player in the package for a bunch of players who create a logjam in our roster?

Fox has a decent chance of getting better than Siakam.

(He probably also has a decent chance of never getting there - will depend if he ever decides to start playing defense)
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Post#1788 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:28 am

Kings just waived Justin James.
I would love for the Raptors to pick him up.
I watched a bit of Kings games in the latter part of the season (because of TD) and was really intrigued by Justin James.
He went off against this one game against the Grizz in which he scored 30+ points.

In his short time in the G-League he made it known that he doesn't belong there. Guy averaged 16ppg in 17mpg while shooting 72% from the field. Short sample size I know. But kids got potential.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#1789 » by jimross » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:00 am

Kuminga potential is insane. Truly elite athlete who looks like a young LeBron at times.

I would love to target him in a trade for Siakam.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#1790 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:42 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:

Pascal + filler for Fox

Or

Feel the same way about Dragic as I do Paskal. How do they have a competitive teaching situation for 21 year olds without Paskal and Dragic? The cap space comes next offseason and we forget about Moses Brown or whatever crap Dallas might want to throw our way that clogs our roster. Sac is not a team that says, oh just take anything you want from the menu.
CANsportsguru
Pro Prospect
And1: 522

Post#1791 » by CANsportsguru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:01 pm

I think now the most realistic training partner for Pascal would be Golden State especially with how Kuminga and Moody have both looked they both look like they'll both be solid NBA players.

Golden State with Curry, Klay, Green and Pascal is a championship caliber team.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#1792 » by ash_k » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:23 pm

if my starting lineup next season is
FVV| GTjr|OG|Pascal|Turner(Myles)
All++ defenders, 2xDPOY-type players, 4x20pts scorers then I will go into the season very confident.
Flynn, Barnes, Precious, Birch
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#1793 » by OhCanada1091 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:31 pm

c3luong wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:

Pascal + filler for Fox

Or

Fox has a decent chance of getting better than Siakam.

(He probably also has a decent chance of never getting there - will depend if he ever decides to start playing defense)

Right but they aren't trading Fox. To even think he's in conversations is ridiculous.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#1794 » by HomieOmey » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:50 pm

I'd like to start targeting young back court depth or a starting center. Would definitely reach out to Orlando to see if they had interest in using their trade exception on him in a larger deal for Cole Anthony or if the Spurs would throw us an expiring for Powell while also sending back Jakob in exchange for Boucher. Jakob had great chemistry with Siakam, would improve our team def even further, and likely save us some long term money while cleaning up our depth chart a bit.
TurboZ
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1795 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:46 pm

HomieOmey wrote:I'd like to start targeting young back court depth or a starting center. Would definitely reach out to Orlando to see if they had interest in using their trade exception on him in a larger deal for Cole Anthony or if the Spurs would throw us an expiring for Powell while also sending back Jakob in exchange for Boucher. Jakob had great chemistry with Siakam, would improve our team def even further, and likely save us some long term money while cleaning up our depth chart a bit.

Would love to do something around Boucher for Markkanen, if possible.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1796 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:47 pm

ash_k wrote:if my starting lineup next season is
FVV| GTjr|OG|Pascal|Turner(Myles)
All++ defenders, 2xDPOY-type players, 4x20pts scorers then I will go into the season very confident.
Flynn, Barnes, Precious, Birch

The issue is we don't have any value to offer for Turner.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#1797 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:I'd like to start targeting young back court depth or a starting center. Would definitely reach out to Orlando to see if they had interest in using their trade exception on him in a larger deal for Cole Anthony or if the Spurs would throw us an expiring for Powell while also sending back Jakob in exchange for Boucher. Jakob had great chemistry with Siakam, would improve our team def even further, and likely save us some long term money while cleaning up our depth chart a bit.

LM doesn’t strike me as a target of Masai and Co. I like his offensive skill set but that D leaves you unimpressed.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#1798 » by HomieOmey » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:01 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:

I'm very open to the idea of Markannen if Coby is the real prize of any deal with Chicago. Part of me would still hope that the Pacers or Cavs would sour on how much they are paying Allen or Turner. I'd much prefer Turner to Markkannen if the assets going out were similar.
TurboZ
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#1799 » by agkagk » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:13 pm

HomieOmey wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:

I'm very open to the idea of Markannen if Coby is the real prize of any deal with Chicago. Part of me would still hope that the Pacers or Cavs would sour on how much they are paying Allen or Turner. I'd much prefer Turner to Markkannen if the assets going out were similar.

Didn’t Colby just join bamba on the most likely to be non tendered club?
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,685

Post#1800 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:33 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Kings just waived Justin James.
I would love for the Raptors to pick him up.
I watched a bit of Kings games in the latter part of the season (because of TD) and was really intrigued by Justin James.
He went off against this one game against the Grizz in which he scored 30+ points.

In his short time in the G-League he made it known that he doesn't belong there. Guy averaged 16ppg in 17mpg while shooting 72% from the field. Short sample size I know. But kids got potential.

I don't know too much about him, but from what little I do he's looked really smooth in whatever limited minutes he's received. We need wing shooting, so maybe he can be a nice player to pick up and develop on the 905.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.

Return to Toronto Raptors