ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer league thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Summer league thread 

Post#1 » by Joao Saraiva » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:41 pm

Don't know if any of you guys been watching summer league. I have the special interest of Neemias being there since he's from my country.

How do you feel about him so far? I though his defense was pretty good. He was even able to hang with guys in the perimeter, I thought he'd have a bit of a harder time in that regard.

On offense he's just doing his role with setting screens and finishing well.

Any chance he can make the team this year even after the signing of so many bigs?

He kind of reminds me of Gobert, even tough obviously expectations are a bit high if we're thinking of a Gobert type of ceilling.

Feel free to discuss, obviously, any other things related with summer league.

Gonna follow Sacramento or your G league team this year a ton cause of Neemy!

“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Re: Summer league thread 

Post#2 » by codydaze » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:02 pm

I think Neemias has looked really good in the SL action I've seen of him so far. I agree that he looks more mobile than I thought he would be, he's looked impressive. He signed a two way deal though so he will be seeing a lot of time in the G League this year but I think in a year or two he might be able to find his way into the NBA rotation.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:30 pm

I like Neemias as well. He is more nimble than I first was expecting

So far I’m personally in on Monte’s eye for talent. His drafting these couple years, the gems he’s finding in the g league, to trading 2nd rounders for Davis and Wright.

I’m curious as to why we have another back to back? Kids haven’t played all summer, and then are given back to backs? I hope we show better tonight, but I understand if we don’t
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:58 am

Ramsey, doing things these past few games. Yes. How many guards we have if he can play?

Adding Metu to the lineup just secured us making a run at the SL chip
FarBeyondDriven
Pro Prospect
And1: 664

Post#5 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:56 am

I wonder why Woodard isn't playing much. He's a smart guy and physical specimen. Maybe they already know what they've got and want others to get minutes to get more acclimated? Metu, Ramsey and others are looking great. We might finally have some depth!
OscarH
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#6 » by OscarH » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:10 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:I wonder why Woodard isn't playing much. He's a smart guy and physical specimen. Maybe they already know what they've got and want others to get minutes to get more acclimated? Metu, Ramsey and others are looking great. We might finally have some depth!

I think its more him getting benched. He really looked rough in Cali classic when started, and now Metu back from Oylmpics he is getting run at the 4 over him. Think Woodard gonna spend the year in Stockton.

He may just need to get in basketball shape and out of gym shape tho. As he looked much better w Austin spurs than has so far.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#7 » by sacking123 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:24 am

I think Ramsey adds to the interest of Monte looking to make a big move. Can some of these young guards step up and fill in roles?
Ramsey has looked good. Davion has shown he is going to be a good NBA player IMO, he just has the veteran moves already. Has like 3-4 go to moves that he has down pat.
Outside of that, I like Coleman, don't think he will ever get a go though, Terry has effort and intensity but he will never make it, unfortunately.
Queta could be a stud. I'm even more confident now seeing him in SL and being down on him. If the development coaches are in Sacramento, this kid will be amazing. If he fails, it's on the Kings. Great selection by Monte right here.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#8 » by ICMTM » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:22 am

There definitely is an upside to Queta. I like the pick where we selected him. He is a project much in the way that Kai Jones is. I do think he will have to work to get on the big squad full time but I can see it!
KANGZZZZZ!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:50 am

Off night is at it again. PP with only 2 pts
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#10 » by City of Trees » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:07 am

Ramsey has completely turned around his SL. I'm impressed.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#11 » by codydaze » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:27 am

Two time summer league champs!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by City of Trees » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:40 am

codydaze wrote:Two time summer league champs!
Do we meet at DoCo?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#13 » by codydaze » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:52 am

City of Trees wrote:
codydaze wrote:Two time summer league champs!
Do we meet at DoCo?

:lol: That was a pretty convincing win, we'll take whatever we can get!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#14 » by codydaze » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:53 am

Louis King MVP of Summer League.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#15 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:04 am

2 time champs!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:27 am

Reading some posts on another board would lead you believe the 1.5 hr flight from Portland to Vegas was all too much for Payton Pritchard.

But in all seriousness Mitchell can go. I'm liking Monte's draft philosophy
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by sacking123 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:29 am

Pretty impressive win.

I'm not sure what is going on with Woodard but he has been less than impressive this SL. I would prefer King & Coleman on the team at this point in time. Even Murkay,
Ramsey needs to get some small minutes this coming season though too. If he improves his D that is.

It was interesting when they interviewed Scott Drew during the last game how he mentioned Davion is just a winner, he has won everywhere he has been.
Now he adds a SL title to that. Let's hope he continues that and someday he helps the Kings to a championship.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#18 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:33 pm

simonbampfield wrote:Now he adds a SL title to that. Let's hope he continues that and someday he helps the Kings to THE PLAYOFFS.

Fixed that for you lol. Lets just hope we start here first before thinking about a chip lol!

That said, I'm completely in on Mitchell. I've done a 180 since the draft. I was so disappointed, now I'm excited to see these 3 guards rule the league!
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by sacking123 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:52 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:Now he adds a SL title to that. Let's hope he continues that and someday he helps the Kings to THE PLAYOFFS.

Fixed that for you lol. Lets just hope we start here first before thinking about a chip lol!

That said, I'm completely in on Mitchell. I've done a 180 since the draft. I was so disappointed, now I'm excited to see these 3 guards rule the league!

Haha yeah 1 step at a time.
I think he has that follow me aspect to his game. So does Fox and Hali too. At some stage the FO will have a to pick but for right now it will be great to see how they all develop and how they are integrated with one another.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings

Return to Sacramento Kings