ImageImageImage

Official Patrick Beverley Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Official Patrick Beverley Thread 

Post#1 » by KGdaBom » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:00 pm

Patrick Beverley is now a Timberwolf. He has been possibly the best Defender of PGs in the league and a good 3 point shooter. He's getting old. Was it a good trade? Does he still have it? What do you all think?
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Re: Official Patrick Beverley Thread 

Post#2 » by Note30 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:53 pm

I think it was a great trade. Juancho and Culver needed to go as our wing positions for SG and SF are filled, and Juancho isnt exactly a great PF.

I think him Nowell and DLo are a solid rotation for PG.

The only major downside is he can't playmaker, but he does bring defensive intensity.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#3 » by theGreatRC » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Note30 wrote:I think it was a great trade. Juancho and Culver needed to go as our wing positions for SG and SF are filled, and Juancho isnt exactly a great PF.

The only major downside is he can't playmaker, but he does bring defensive intensity.

Probably going to sub out DLO first to start games & have Ant as the primary ball handler when Bev is on the court, then have DLO play with the 2nd unit to start the second like he did last year.

I don't dislike this trade at all, he's a guy you hate but love on your team, glad Culver & Juancho are gone more than I am to have Bev tbh
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Irishniner
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#4 » by Irishniner » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 pm

theGreatRC wrote:
Note30 wrote:I think it was a great trade. Juancho and Culver needed to go as our wing positions for SG and SF are filled, and Juancho isnt exactly a great PF.

Probably going to sub out DLO first to start games & have Ant as the primary ball handler when Bev is on the court, then have DLO play with the 2nd unit to start the second like he did last year.

I don't dislike this trade at all, he's a guy you hate but love on your team, glad Culver & Juancho are gone more than I am to have Bev tbh

Yeah, we have loads of scoring when healthy. KAT will score ~25ppg, DLo somewhere around 18~22ppg, Ant 20+, maybe even 25+, Beasley maybe 18-20ppg. That's 85ppg from four players, give or take.

I think the lack of defense has been the biggest issue for a long while now. Being a bottom 5 or 10 defense every year is a disaster. Hopefully we find a better balance and the lads buy in and play with intensity. Pat Bev could be a great addition in that respect and the 2 boys weren't up to much. I like Okogie, if he ever found a shot hed be a lovely role player, but even as a high energy defensive guy I hope we keep him. Just surround our main guys with defenders.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,825

Post#5 » by Klomp » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:18 pm

I know tons are attached to Rubio and this feels like a step down at backup PG. However, from a fit perspective, I think this is a much better situation right now.

The offense largely revolves around a big, primary wing creator and secondary wing creator, with two spot up shooters on most plays. I think the idea is for Edwards and Russell as the wing creators in the starting lineup (either can spot up as well). Right now, unless another PF upgrade is made, McDaniels and Beasley are the two spot-up guys. Even if Beasley eventually moves to the second unit, he's still more a spot-up guy than primary or secondary creator. So there's probably a need for another creator, but also someone with the flexibility to also be a spot-up guy. That's why I think Beverley was targeted.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#6 » by winforlose » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:03 am

Two non rotation players for a solid backup PG who can start if we want Dlo at the 2. Seems good to me.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#7 » by Krapinsky » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:08 am

I'm all for it. Roster is starting to round itself out with this trade. Feels like we are a Paul Milsap signing away from a set roster as this point.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#8 » by King Malta » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:53 am

Read on Twitter

Cute
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#9 » by life_saver » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:05 am

In this yr playoffs, Beverley imo defended Booker pretty damn well and also did a good job against Mitchell when he was matched up...he struggled against Luka pretty badly..Luka's size really bothered him but then again there aren't too many dudes like Luka in the league
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#10 » by _AIJ_ » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:28 am

Klomp wrote:I know tons are attached to Rubio and this feels like a step down at backup PG. However, from a fit perspective, I think this is a much better situation.

Exactly. One is a 3 time all defense team and the other who people claim is a good defender has never been on an all defense team
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#11 » by moonpie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:06 am

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#12 » by KGdaBom » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:40 pm

moonpie wrote:
;feature=emb_title

Beverley is the most in your grill defender I've ever seen. He violates the personal space boundaries to a point that I think the person being guarded wants to punch him out.
Gunny
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Post#13 » by Gunny » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Love this move. I've wanted him on the Wolves for a long time.

He's a dirty player, but he plays hard and brings some much needed toughness to this soft ass team. I hope he reigns in the antics on the floor this year for us.
Clav
Sixth Man
And1: 1,605

Post#14 » by Clav » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:15 pm

MIN gets the best player in the trade despite Bev's age, and Culver is an easy sacrifice. Culver played worse than his rookie year and can 3rd string in MEM to try to land a second contract.

Juancho, for all I like about him as a shooter -- he isn't a plus defender, he isn't rebounding 10+ a game, and his contract is too much on the cap table.

Wolves win this one. Beverly is a tough-minded defender and he will get looks to shoot. If he can inspire the group a bit to be better defensively and make a decent impact, it should pay benefits because no future assets were traded.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#16 » by Neeva » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 pm

That’s nice but will he even be on the team when all is said and done?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Klomp » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:09 pm

Neeva wrote:That’s nice but will he even be on the team when all is said and done?

Many (including myself) have mentioned him as a potential fit in Philadelphia, but actually the more I think about things the more I see him as a fit alongside Ben Simmons. I'm not sure I want to trade for Simmons anymore with the current group at the top. I actually think Russell is the one who would fit the least after a Simmons trade, and would be the one outgoing in the best possible scenario.

Maybe he won't be long for the team, but I appreciate seeing a veteran in the league like him seeming to say all the right things about his trade to Minnesota. People have dogged the Towns/Russell pairing, saying that no one will ever want to team up with them. That might be changing.

Read on Twitter

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#18 » by Dewey » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Who are these “leaders” they speak of???
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#19 » by LibertyPrime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:52 pm

I love it. A genuine defensive killer for two guys who just did not work out. In between Ant's rapidly improving D and Bev, we might actually be able to put the clamps on some guards next year. The fact that he's happy to be coming here just makes it that much better.

I really, really hope he does NOT get traded in some godawful Ben Simmons trade. Much rather just keep Bev. He's the kind of smash-mouth throwback player that I like to see.

Memphis is a good place for JC to blossom. Juancho just took a step back last year; maybe a new start will help him too. Best of luck to both.
"The last domino falls here!"
Wolf_Cry
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#20 » by Wolf_Cry » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:20 am

At first I wasn't that impress, but I'm really warming up to him here in MN. He might just be that dog that pushes KAT and DLo out of their comfort zone to become great. I didn't include Ant of course because he's been A1 since day 1 :rock:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves