ImageImageImageImageImage

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 76

jaymo123
Starter
And1: 763

Post#1 » by jaymo123 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:25 pm

We all know about the recent interview by Draymond and KD with both putting blame on management. Do you think dubs trade Draymond, other pieces/picks for Simmons now?
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Re: Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now? 

Post#2 » by Mob Byers » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Naw I don’t think Myers/Kerr are as emotionally immature as Dray. They’ll move on like nothing happened. Everyone’s been over it.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,231

Post#3 » by Impuniti » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:33 pm

Only way they do it is if there is a way for them to not lose anything outside of Draymond. They won't do it just because their feelings are hurt. At least I doubt it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#4 » by FNQ » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:37 pm

No, and I think that anyone who says Yes should announce it so I know who to add to the foe list
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#5 » by TB » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:42 pm

Trade Draymond for being mad at a BS suspension? Did I hear a different interview than everyone else?
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,890

Post#6 » by whatisacenter » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:43 pm

Can we keep Draymond but trade his mouth?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by FNQ » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:45 pm

TB wrote:Trade Draymond for being mad at a BS suspension? Did I hear a different interview than everyone else?

A lot of people chomping at the bit to get rid of Draymond and have for years.. zero respect for a Warrior great
TB
General Manager

Post#8 » by TB » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:50 pm

FNQ wrote:
TB wrote:Trade Draymond for being mad at a BS suspension? Did I hear a different interview than everyone else?

A lot of people chomping at the bit to get rid of Draymond and have for years.. zero respect for a Warrior great

Insanity. And even coming off of an Olympic gold without Steph/Klay where he was clearly one of the best players (i'd argue the most impactful center even over Bam who was also great).
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#9 » by NeoWarriors » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:50 pm

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#10 » by HiRez » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:24 pm

If I'm going to get upset about a Draymond suspension, it's the one in the 2016 Finals. This one with KD, who the hell cares? (Not in favor of trading Draymond BTW).
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#11 » by Ilovethebay » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:42 pm

TB wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Insanity. And even coming off of an Olympic gold without Steph/Klay where he was clearly one of the best players (i'd argue the most impactful center even over Bam who was also great).

Who cares about gold medals in basketball for team USA. Thats a pretty low bar if you ask me. That why its huge news when we don't win. I go back and forth on Draymond. Can't argue with his contributions, but they come at a cost. We were one stupid Draymond tech away sports fan nirvana, so excuse me if I choose not to worship the ground he walks on 24/7 like most people here.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#12 » by GSWFan1994 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:55 pm

Short answer: no.

Long answer: no need to overreact from some bull media narrative.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by FNQ » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:
TB wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Who cares about gold medals in basketball for team USA. Thats a pretty low bar if you ask me. That why its huge news when we don't win. I go back and forth on Draymond. Can't argue with his contributions, but they come at a cost. We were one stupid Draymond tech away sports fan nirvana, so excuse me if I choose not to worship the ground he walks on 24/7 like most people here.

yea we'd be better off without him, its basically a coin flip, we probably would have made it to the Finals repeatedly without him

saying its stupid to get rid of him isn't exactly worshipping, but I guess if that's the way you have to see it to make it make sense
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#14 » by Coxy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:23 pm

‘Draymond sneezes’

“Do you guys now believe Draymond is intentionally spreading the bubonic plague, and should we now trade him for loaf of fruit toast?”
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#15 » by Old_Blue » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:28 pm

Dray seems to be saying that the team's timeline does not fit with his own timeline and desire to win championships and that he'd be better off playing with KD in Brooklyn. I suppose a three way trade could be arranged.

Warriors get Simmons

Philadelphia gets Joe Harris and change

Brooklyn gets Draymond
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,231

Post#16 » by Impuniti » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:30 pm

Old_Blue wrote:Dray seems to be saying that the team's timeline does not fit with his own timeline and desire to win championships and that he'd be better off playing with KD in Brooklyn. I suppose a three way trade could be arranged.

Warriors get Simmons

Philadelphia gets Joe Harris and change

Brooklyn gets Draymond

Why would Philly do that, literally makse no sense. Joe Harris had a complete meltdown in the PS like Simmons last year but as the 4th choice. :lol: :crazy:
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#17 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:35 pm

Ok either way. Warriors are a better team with Draymond and Sixers would be better with Draymond, but it doesn’t match Morey’s view of three or layups which is why he’s trying to dump Simmons, so no deal from their side unless third team.

Simmons can play and he’s younger but limited player for what he gets paid. And he is not committed to winning in basketball. So factoring, I lean towards no if the Warriors are trying to win and yes if they want to rebuild while being competitive.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#18 » by Bayside » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:50 pm

Pretty petty to do something about old event. ow many years ago now.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#19 » by Quazza » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:54 pm

Seriously....
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
TB
General Manager

Post#20 » by TB » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:
TB wrote:
FNQ wrote:

I feel like the 2016 narrative got skewed and lost along the way.

1) A few of the technicals and flagrants Dray got were pretty weak. And its a dumb NBA rule to begin with. One was like hugging Harden at the buzzer of a game. The Lebron initiated one is well documented. Not really putting too much blame on Dray when even Kerr has said numerous times that you allow those negative moments because you have to live on the edge with Dray to get the good out of Dray. For 100 great things, you get a few bad fouls and technicals. Is what it is.

2) We had game 6 and 7 to win a game with Dray. We lost. This is not a scenario that Draymond not getting suspended guarantees a title. Would it have helped? Of course. But it doesn't take away the fact that the Cavs beat us game 6 and 7 as well. Harrison Barnes went 2-14, 0-8, and 3-10 in games 5-7.... if we need someone to blame its more on Barnes than Dray. And after Barnes, Steph and Klay not shooting it well game 7 is just a big a loss as Dray not being there for game 5.

Return to Golden State Warriors