ImageImageImageImageImage

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 76

a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Re: Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now? 

Post#41 » by a8bil » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:50 pm

Dray has been critical to the success of GSW -- to date. Dray has been the glue that keeps the defense together -- to date.

That said, I can't help but wonder what cache he continues to hold, given that his offensive skills have deteriorated so much. I also have to wonder whether the FO sees Dray as the right mentor for Kuminga and Moody given this last incidence and his history of an inability to exercise self control. I think the FO has to continue to think long and hard about the pros and cons of the player that is Dray. Plainly, in a "win now" mindset, you can't get rid of him unless you get back in trade someone who has the defensive intensity that Dray brings. But, if you're looking to the future, he may not be long for GSW. I think the Simmons discussion just got more interesting with these latest antics -- he's probably close to Dray skillwise, but I don't think Simmons would bring the leadership you need to replace Dray.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#42 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:50 pm

Another Draymond thread.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#43 » by FNQ » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Outside wrote:People getting all worked up about this is like people getting all worked up about Myers' bad joke at the title celebration. It's just looking for an excuse to get worked up.

Myers and Kerr are big boys. They can handle it.

It was handled years ago.. the public is just now getting a small peek behind the curtain but are going to act like its the present, because it is for them
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by FNQ » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:00 pm

a8bil wrote:Dray has been critical to the success of GSW -- to date. Dray has been the glue that keeps the defense together -- to date.

That said, I can't help but wonder what cache he continues to hold, given that his offensive skills have deteriorated so much. I also have to wonder whether the FO sees Dray as the right mentor for Kuminga and Moody given this last incidence and his history of an inability to exercise self control. I think the FO has to continue to think long and hard about the pros and cons of the player that is Dray. Plainly, in a "win now" mindset, you can't get rid of him unless you get back in trade someone who has the defensive intensity that Dray brings. But, if you're looking to the future, he may not be long for GSW. I think the Simmons discussion just got more interesting with these latest antics -- he's probably close to Dray skillwise, but I don't think Simmons would bring the leadership you need to replace Dray.

No one in this league replaces Draymond. Too unique in his skillset/personality/knowledge

Having almost 10 years in a Ron Adams system, he's basically an on-court coach. And as we saw last year, he makes the wheels turn on defense, and has a positive impact on everyone else playing. Simmons won't be able to do that.

As I said, maybe 2-3 people in the league could step in and competently bring in anywhere close to the impact Draymond does. Garuba was probably our best bet if we wanted legitimate Draymond insurance.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#45 » by a8bil » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pm

FNQ wrote:
a8bil wrote:Dray has been critical to the success of GSW -- to date. Dray has been the glue that keeps the defense together -- to date.

No one in this league replaces Draymond. Too unique in his skillset/personality/knowledge

Having almost 10 years in a Ron Adams system, he's basically an on-court coach. And as we saw last year, he makes the wheels turn on defense, and has a positive impact on everyone else playing. Simmons won't be able to do that.

As I said, maybe 2-3 people in the league could step in and competently bring in anywhere close to the impact Draymond does. Garuba was probably our best bet if we wanted legitimate Draymond insurance.
I hadn't paid attention to Garuba...he looks good.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#46 » by Old_Blue » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:39 pm

a8bil wrote:I hadn't paid attention to Garuba...he looks good.

Houston had a great draft. Apparently, tanking DOES pay! :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by FNQ » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Old_Blue wrote:
a8bil wrote:I hadn't paid attention to Garuba...he looks good.

Houston had a great draft. Apparently, tanking DOES pay! :lol:

Eh we'll see. Garuba's a niche player, have to plan around him. And as said above, I'm a little iffy on Sengun's upside/ability to be a positive player. I mean I'll grab all the Sengun stock I could in dynasty fantasy basketball, but I'm not as sure about his on-court impact. I think Sabonis is the tippy top of his upside and there's a lot more downside that's being overlooked

But they did get the best player in the draft in Green, IMO. Or at least who should have been the #1 pick
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,565

Post#48 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:31 pm

No.

Any more ridiculous questions?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#49 » by SAKURABA216 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:50 pm

jaymo123 wrote:We all know about the recent interview by Draymond and KD with both putting blame on management. Do you think dubs trade Draymond, other pieces/picks for Simmons now?

Why should we demand Draymond be traded for blaming management? Show some freaking class solidarity.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#50 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:51 am

Simmons is younger, more athletic, better individual defender, a better scorer and a better play MAKER.

Ship Green off for Simmons and then sign Paul Millsap.

Greens game has been slipping hard and he's about to fall off a cliff. Sell now.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#51 » by Samurai » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:08 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Simmons is younger, more athletic, better individual defender, a better scorer and a better play MAKER.

Greens game has been slipping hard and he's about to fall off a cliff. Sell now.

And you honestly believe Philly would take Green for a younger, more athletic, better individual defender, better scorer and better playMAKER without us having to add Kuminga, Moody, and/or future firsts? Just Dray for Simmons straight up? Maybe Myers should call you instead of Morey!
BayArea_Warriors
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#52 » by BayArea_Warriors » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:46 pm

I would do it in a heartbeat. Not because of this interview, he was right. I would trade him based on his offensive decline and how Simmons would amplify the team’s dynamics. Simmons for Draymond why is this even a discussion? Simmons would eat with Steph and Klay. Defense would decline a little but everything else is a huge improvement. Warriors future would also be secured.

Heck I’d swap Wiggins for Tobias Harris too while we at it. Sixers looking to move both and we have the pieces without sacrificing too much of the future. Sixers can flip Dray if they want to Blazers for CJ.

I love Dray, but tired of his emo Ts costing games and major offensive decline. Simmons game is made for Warriors offense OMG 6’10” point forward.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#53 » by xdrta+ » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:24 pm

BayArea_Warriors wrote:I would do it in a heartbeat. Not because of this interview, he was right. I would trade him based on his offensive decline and how Simmons would amplify the team’s dynamics. Simmons for Draymond why is this even a discussion? Simmons would eat with Steph and Klay. Defense would decline a little but everything else is a huge improvement. Warriors future would also be secured.

Heck I’d swap Wiggins for Tobias Harris too while we at it. Sixers looking to move both and we have the pieces without sacrificing too much of the future. Sixers can flip Dray if they want to Blazers for CJ.

I love Dray, but tired of his emo Ts costing games and major offensive decline. Simmons game is made for Warriors offense OMG 6’10” point forward.

I get Simmons for Green, but you have to know Philly would never do it. Do you still like it if you have to include a couple young players and a bunch of picks? Personally, I don't think it's worth it then.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#54 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:46 pm

Yes. If it's limited to Draymond and maybe Moody....yep.

Sorry. We are all underrating Simmons. I'd put him at point Forward/Center
Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Simmons, Wiseman

Simmons and Embiid and not much else were bouncing shot away from the finals a couple of years ago.

Draymond is great but at some point you need to transition...and this is a great way to do it.

How well did Bogut fit....now imagine it's a LeBron like athlete who's only role is to run the offense on the break or run it from the low block. That and defend and rebound.

I'd take all that with the hope that he adds a little bit of face up shooting over the years.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#55 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Samurai wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Simmons is younger, more athletic, better individual defender, a better scorer and a better play MAKER.

And you honestly believe Philly would take Green for a younger, more athletic, better individual defender, better scorer and better playMAKER without us having to add Kuminga, Moody, and/or future firsts? Just Dray for Simmons straight up? Maybe Myers should call you instead of Morey!

I never said it would or wouldn't be straight up, and I have no idea what Philly and the Warriors would be willing to give/take.

I'd be willing to give up Green and some young guys, though. Especially if you can follow that trade up with a Paul Millsap signing.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Currygoat
Senior
And1: 821

Post#56 » by Currygoat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:49 am

Warriors management don’t have the balls to trade Draymond lmao
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#57 » by xdrta+ » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:59 am

Currygoat wrote:Warriors management don’t have the balls to trade Draymond lmao

Who do you think would trade anyone worthwhile for Draymond?
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#58 » by Old_Blue » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:11 am

BayArea_Warriors wrote:I would do it in a heartbeat. Not because of this interview, he was right. I would trade him based on his offensive decline and how Simmons would amplify the team’s dynamics. Simmons for Draymond why is this even a discussion? Simmons would eat with Steph and Klay. Defense would decline a little but everything else is a huge improvement. Warriors future would also be secured.

That's the guy on the Sixers that I want. 50/40/90 and 20 a night...yes please!
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#59 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:54 am

There's an entire level of understanding of what it takes to win championships that so many of you(Samurai, Currygoat, oaktownwarriors87) are completely oblivious to.

There's such a thing called intangibles that Draymond has in spades. He's one of the premiere possessors of such intangibles in the NBA. That junkyard dog, killer instinct mentality that allows him to will the team to victory with his defense alone when the game hangs in the balance. He's able to do with defense what KD does with iso-shotmaking. And that's as a great passer and mediocre to poor scorer.

Ben Simmons is the opposite of that even though his game is fairly similar on paper. The difference is that when the game hangs in the balance his passing and defense recede and his mediocre to poor scoring becomes painfully pronounced. How many times do we have to see this play out in crucial playoff games before you guys get it? When have you ever seen Ben Simmons manifest the sort of emotional energy to overwhelm the other team? That's what Kerr means when he exhorts his players to play with "force". Ben Simmons ain't that guy.

I'll leave you with this: 32/15/9/2. Draymond's statline in game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals. Draymond is able to rise to the occasion even in the most difficult circumstances and under the most crushing pressure. Contrast that with Ben Simmons whose contributions have always declined as the opponents improve.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#60 » by watch1958 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:23 am

Why does a “win now “ team (Sixers) , which has been close to the NBA finals want to trade their 1A player?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.

Return to Golden State Warriors