PhillyNj wrote:
the_process wrote:GSW gets Hield and Simmons
PHI gets Dragic, Siakam, and VanVleet
SAC gets T.Harris
TOR gets Wiseman, Moody, Kuminga, Wiggins, and Bagley

Yuck for Philly.
Simmons>Siakem + VanVleet
Harris>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>.>.>.>..>.>..>.>…Dragic

Harris is addition by subtraction. Dude needs to go. More than Simmons does.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#762 » by DCasey91 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:42 pm

I’m imagining a team like this:

Shariffe Cooper
Tyrese Maxey
Matisse Thybulle
Jalen Johnson
Joel Embiid

6th man: Tony Bradley

2024 NBA Champions. Goddamn it lol
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#763 » by Stanford » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:51 pm

Dudes are out here winning titles before they've played a game
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#764 » by DCasey91 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:54 pm

Stanford wrote:Dudes are out here winning titles before they've played a game

Eye test tells me both are the real deal. You don’t let a top 5 talent slip to 20 and you certainly don’t let a prodigious ballhandler/floor general and A tier scorer for a pass first PG go to 48.

Hawks and the Rockets committed highway robbery lol.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#765 » by 76ciology » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:09 am

Hornets:
Tobias Harris
Danny Green
Shake Milton
Paul Reed

Sixers:
Gordan Hayward
Terry Rozier

Sixers: win now mode

Hornets: mix of guys who can grow with Lamelo and Bouknight and guys who can help them make the playoffs like Green and Tobi.

Sixers starting 5: (Rozier&Thybulle upgrades Seth&Green)
Rozier
Thybulle
Hayward
Ben
Biid

Bench 1: (kind of our starting unit last season)
Seth
Thybulle
Korkmaz
Ben
Biid

Bench 2: (multiple guys who can create and score; max out drummond)
Maxey
Rozier
Korkmaz
Hayward
Drummond

Finish game unit: (no liabilities all can create and score)
Maxey
Rozier
Hayward
Ben
Biid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#766 » by the_process » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:55 pm

Simmons to CHI
Harris, 2022 PHI 1st, 2024 PHI 1st, 2026 CHI 2nd to OKC
White, Williams, Markkanen (S&T 4-60), 2025 1st returned to PHI
the_process
RealGM

Post#767 » by the_process » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:04 pm

76ciology wrote:Hornets:
Tobias Harris
Danny Green
Shake Milton
Paul Reed

Sixers:
Gordan Hayward
Terry Rozier

Love this. I’d be willing to sweeten to get CHA to agree. Be willing to sweeten further if they would add PJ Washington.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#768 » by rzzzzz » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Sixers need a true point guard. The Kings have two of them. I know they’re refusing to move Fox or Halliburton, but they’re also stuck in perpetual mediocrity competing in the West. I don’t think the Wolves or GSW are interested in Ben as a point guard, but both are relatively enthusiastic about his defense, and probably making him more like DGreen. And if Ben is asking for GSW, he must somehow know that is the role he’s going to have to accept. I want Halliburton, because he’s young and passes the eye test for pure pg, plus I don’t want to give away Maxey and/or Matisse. But if no one is going to make us a fair offer for talent (we don’t need a bunch of future picks at this point) I’ll settle for Ben accepting the need to transform into the same DGreen role he seemed willing to do for GSW.
the_process
RealGM

Post#769 » by the_process » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:03 pm

rzzzzz wrote:Sixers need a true point guard. The Kings have two of them. I know they’re refusing to move Fox or Halliburton, but they’re also stuck in perpetual mediocrity competing in the West. I don’t think the Wolves or GSW are interested in Ben as a point guard, but both are relatively enthusiastic about his defense, and probably making him more like DGreen. And if Ben is asking for GSW, he must somehow know that is the role he’s going to have to accept. I want Halliburton, because he’s young and passes the eye test for pure pg, plus I don’t want to give away Maxey and/or Matisse. But if no one is going to make us a fair offer for talent (we don’t need a bunch of future picks at this point) I’ll settle for Ben accepting the need to transform into the same DGreen role he seemed willing to do for GSW.

Latest possible rumor is that Sacto has a standing offer of Haliburton/Barnes/1st for Simmons.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#770 » by BullyKing » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:49 pm

the_process wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:Sixers need a true point guard. The Kings have two of them. I know they’re refusing to move Fox or Halliburton, but they’re also stuck in perpetual mediocrity competing in the West. I don’t think the Wolves or GSW are interested in Ben as a point guard, but both are relatively enthusiastic about his defense, and probably making him more like DGreen. And if Ben is asking for GSW, he must somehow know that is the role he’s going to have to accept. I want Halliburton, because he’s young and passes the eye test for pure pg, plus I don’t want to give away Maxey and/or Matisse. But if no one is going to make us a fair offer for talent (we don’t need a bunch of future picks at this point) I’ll settle for Ben accepting the need to transform into the same DGreen role he seemed willing to do for GSW.

Latest possible rumor is that Sacto has a standing offer of Haliburton/Barnes/1st for Simmons.

Is this like a legit rumor?

To be clear, not challenging your veracity just interested where it comes from.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#771 » by sixers hoops » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:38 pm

BullyKing wrote:
the_process wrote:

Negrodamus posted a Twitter link in the Ben trade thread that didn’t seem very reliable, but was a very detailed column. I only saw the writer’s initials, so I didn’t look into it enough to see who the author supposedly was.
the_process
RealGM

Post#772 » by the_process » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:49 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
the_process wrote:

Negrodamus posted a Twitter link in the Ben trade thread that didn’t seem very reliable, but was a very detailed column. I only saw the writer’s initials, so I didn’t look into it enough to see who the author supposedly was.

Yep, I was going by that Twitter rumor Negrodamus posted. Agreed, it’s sketchy. That being said, it went in depth.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#773 » by 76ciology » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:11 pm

If we ever land Haliburton and Barnes.

Im wondering if we can then do a pick swap option between the Kings pick and the Cavs pick, with us dealing them Haliburton and Barnes and we get Sexton (scorer we need) and Nance (defender against KD and Giannis in the playoffs) in return.

We’d be a title contender next season while still have the chance to land a really high pick in 2022 draft.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#774 » by Negrodamus » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:33 pm

I truly think Maxey will be in the Sexton conversation if Ben is moved and he gets more on ball responsibilities. I know the gap is there right now, but Sexton has pretty much free rein along with Garland to put up big offensive stats.

Haliburton adds the Simmons dynamic of passing and defense but is also a quality C&S three point shooter. Maxey, Haliburton, Green, Tobias, and Embiid make a very solid lineup with a lot of two way potential. Additionally, Harrison Barnes allows interesting small ball potential when Embiid is resting.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#775 » by Arsenal » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I truly think Maxey will be in the Sexton conversation if Ben is moved and he gets more on ball responsibilities. I know the gap is there right now, but Sexton has pretty much free rein along with Garland to put up big offensive stats.

Haliburton adds the Simmons dynamic of passing and defense but is also a quality C&S three point shooter. Maxey, Haliburton, Green, Tobias, and Embiid make a very solid lineup with a lot of two way potential. Additionally, Harrison Barnes allows interesting small ball potential when Embiid is resting.

If this played out my lineup next season would be (only potential contributors listed):

PG Maxey | Hali
SG Green | Curry | Milton
SF Barnes | Kork | Thybulle
PF Harris | Niang | Reed
CE Embiid | Drum

I want the additional size of Barnes at a forward spot.

We'd have way too much depth w/a potential 13 man rotation. A consolidation trade will be required at some point.

The following season maybe Green departs and we slide in Milton, Thybulle, or Kork into the starting lineup.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#776 » by Stanford » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:39 pm

I think Maxey at Sexton's age will be a better player
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#777 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:58 am

Arsenal wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I truly think Maxey will be in the Sexton conversation if Ben is moved and he gets more on ball responsibilities. I know the gap is there right now, but Sexton has pretty much free rein along with Garland to put up big offensive stats.

If this played out my lineup next season would be (only potential contributors listed):

PG Maxey | Hali
SG Green | Curry | Milton
SF Barnes | Kork | Thybulle
PF Harris | Niang | Reed
CE Embiid | Drum

I want the additional size of Barnes at a forward spot.

We'd have way too much depth w/a potential 13 man rotation. A consolidation trade will be required at some point.

The following season maybe Green departs and we slide in Milton, Thybulle, or Kork into the starting lineup.

Hali is 6’5 you play he and maxey together
76ciology
RealGM

Post#778 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:05 am

Stanford wrote:I think Maxey at Sexton's age will be a better player

Very likely.

I know that most people see the redundancy with Maxey and Sexton. What I see is overdrive. Like if I can’t get a Harden or a lillard, I do think a couple of Sexton may get the job done or better.

Like if teams tries to put their best defender on Maxey and Maxey had a hard time scoring because of that, we then can let Sexton do the damage.

Whereas I dont know if Haliburton has it in him to carry the scoring load when Maxey has an off night or if he gets locked by a great defender.

Another thing is.. i projects Cavs to be a lot worse than the Kings. And I think being able to get a lightly protected Cavs pick in 2022 is a highway robbery. And it’s just much better if I’ll have a pick swap option with the Kings pick.

But hey.. i’d take either trade. I just think the Cavs deal could end up being better for us.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#779 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:43 am

The more scorers, the better. But at some point, there is a concern when you're accumulating a bunch of 6'2" and under guys who can't defend. The Raptors got away with it because both Lowry and Vanvleet are beast defenders. Teams like Portland and Cleveland, whose munchkins are terrible defenders, get their backcourt lit up constantly defensively. Maxey and Sexton are both bad defenders.

I think we'd have sufficient shotcreating with Maxey as the all-out creator and then a pair of defensive guys like Haliburton and Springer who can do a little bit of everything (dribble-shoot-pass-defend).

What you're aiming for is having both a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense and just having enough shotcreating to score in the halfcourt. I think the Haliburton deal gets us there.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#780 » by Stanford » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:45 am

I doubt Maxey will be a bad defender in two years

Return to Philadelphia 76ers