Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Re: More Free Agent Talk 

Post#441 » by Jester_ » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Milsap, Iguodala, Batum - is it 2014?

I like the Rondo talk
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#442 » by Mob Byers » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:02 pm

Jester_ wrote:Milsap, Iguodala, Rondo - is it 2014?

I liked the Batum talk

FTFY
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#443 » by basketballRob » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:14 pm

Magic fan here. If the Magic don't sign Ennis he'd be a really good pickup. He's a physical player with a 7' wingspan that can shoot the ball. You can throw him at Giannis or Lebron to slow them down.

He's not selfish and makes the right plays on offense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#444 » by Mob Byers » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:43 pm

basketballRob wrote:Magic fan here. If the Magic don't sign Ennis he'd be a really good pickup. He's a physical player with a 7' wingspan that can shoot the ball. You can throw him at Giannis or Lebron to slow them down.

He's not selfish and makes the right plays on offense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

He was on my early list of FA targets. Surprised he's still out there tbh. I'd take him over Damion Lee but not sure we even have the minutes for him at this point.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#445 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:02 am

Millsap would be nice. But really it would just be good to keep him away from Lakers.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,039

Post#446 » by The-Power » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:17 am

xdrta+ wrote:
osx28 wrote:So growing rumor that Nets and Warriors have interest in Millsap. Let KD have him, I'd rather we keep the roster spot open for a possible Rondo buyout. Millsap is ok, bur Rondo would make the second unit elite.

The Warriors might take Millsap on a minimum, but they're not going to give him the tpmle, like the rumor says he wants. With tax it would be $47M. No way.

Myers was also very clear that they see a back-up PG/ball handler (1/2 or 2/1) as their biggest need to address with the last roster spot and talked about bringing different guys in to camp to try out for this spot. Picking up Millsap would be completely contrary to his statements from just a couple days ago.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#447 » by Mac1958 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:18 am

The-Power wrote:Myers was also very clear that they see a back-up PG/ball handler (1/2 or 2/1) as their biggest need to address with the last roster spot and talked about bringing different guys in to camp to try out for this spot.

Hmm. Some names:

Matthew Dellavadova
Mike James
Ish Smith
Dennis Smith, Jr
Tim Frazier
S-Gorilla86
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#448 » by S-Gorilla86 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Mac1958 wrote:
The-Power wrote:Myers was also very clear that they see a back-up PG/ball handler (1/2 or 2/1) as their biggest need to address with the last roster spot and talked about bringing different guys in to camp to try out for this spot.

Hmm. Some names:

Matthew Dellavadova
Mike James
Ish Smith
Dennis Smith, Jr
Tim Frazier
I like Exum or Ennis over those guys, but that just shows how much the market has dried up. My guess is they'll leave the last spot open, which is why I was confused by the Millsap report considering the comments from Myers.

Sent from my LM-V600 using RealGM mobile app
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 331

Post#449 » by Mac1958 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:39 pm

S-Gorilla86 wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:

Hmm. Some names:

Matthew Dellavadova
Mike James
Ish Smith
Dennis Smith, Jr
Tim Frazier
I like Exum or Ennis over those guys, but that just shows how much the market has dried up. My guess is they'll leave the last spot open, which is why I was confused by the Millsap report considering the comments from Myers.

It would definitely be nice to have a solid, pass-first PG available.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#450 » by cdubbz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Having Rondo for those Suns games would be pretty funny. He would harass the heck out of CP3
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#451 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:18 pm

Mac1958 wrote:
S-Gorilla86 wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:Hmm. Some names:

Matthew Dellavadova
Mike James
Ish Smith
Dennis Smith, Jr
Tim Frazier

I was wondering if there were any Facundo Campazzos to be found that we could bring in like Denver did last year. Found this: https://www.eurohoops.net/en/trademarks/1107119/euroleague-top-100-players-of-2020-2021-10-1-2/

I wonder if any of these guys are worth bringing over:

Shane Larkin
Mike James
Vasilije Micic
Nando De Colo
Alexey Shved
Nick Calathes
Scottie Wilbekin

I hear Wade Baldwin broke out last season too. Kevin Pangos anyone?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#452 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:27 am

A lesson in contrasts. Baldwin is an NBA level athlete who can get to the bucket and finish in traffic. Pangos is a floor general who can catch and shoot and is a tough shot-maker. I think I might rather have Pangos actually but they both look capable of coming off the bench behind Steph for different reasons.

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#453 » by wco81 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:28 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:
S-Gorilla86 wrote:I like Exum or Ennis over those guys, but that just shows how much the market has dried up. My guess is they'll leave the last spot open, which is why I was confused by the Millsap report considering the comments from Myers.

I was wondering if there were any Facundo Campazzos to be found that we could bring in like Denver did last year. Found this: https://www.eurohoops.net/en/trademarks/1107119/euroleague-top-100-players-of-2020-2021-10-1-2/

I wonder if any of these guys are worth bringing over:

Shane Larkin
Mike James
Vasilije Micic
Nando De Colo
Alexey Shved
Nick Calathes
Scottie Wilbekin

I hear Wade Baldwin broke out last season too. Kevin Pangos anyone?

But some of those players who are studs in the Euro league are probably making more than the NBA minimum, which is what the Warriors want to pay.

Maybe an American would be more inclined to take a minimum salary, just to come back home.

But a Euro probably wouldn't take a lower salary to come here.

I don't know what good guards in the Euro leagues make but probably $5 million or more?
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#454 » by whatisacenter » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:30 pm

2FreshChampIAM2 wrote:Hey guys what about the Dubs signing Lauri Markkanen? Would he be a good fit?

Pretty sure he is a RFA & the bulls would just match the warriors offer if the dubs were even interested.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#455 » by xdrta+ » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
2FreshChampIAM2 wrote:Hey guys what about the Dubs signing Lauri Markkanen? Would he be a good fit?

Pretty sure he is a RFA & the bulls would just match the warriors offer if the dubs were even interested.

Yeah, he's a RFA and all the Warriors could offer would be the $5.9M tpmle, and he already has a $9M qualifying offer from Chi. Plus, he's looking for more than that. No matter how much they wanted him he's out of their price range.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#456 » by xdrta+ » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:04 pm

Read on Twitter
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#457 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:56 pm

[url][/url]
xdrta+ wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shams and Woj are both reporting that Rondo is going to sign with the Lakers. They’ve got a ton of shooting guards, but the only “pure” PG on the roster is Westbrook (I’m not counting Lebron, who obviously handles it a ton), so Rondo probably sees the opportunity to get a lot of minutes and another ring there.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#458 » by WESCO » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Darren Collison? Does he have anything's left? Been out of the L for awhile
tal57
Junior
And1: 92

Post#459 » by tal57 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:05 pm

WESCO wrote:Darren Collison? Does he have anything's left? Been out of the L for awhile

Who knows, he was out of the league for 2 years.
However, in 2019 he was still very good, especially for a backup role and teams were very much interested in him.
If he hadn't lost anything from 2019, than the layoff could only benefit his legs, once he regains his basketball wind.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#460 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:30 pm

tal57 wrote:
WESCO wrote:Darren Collison? Does he have anything's left? Been out of the L for awhile

Who knows, he was out of the league for 2 years.
However, in 2019 he was still very good, especially for a backup role and teams were very much interested in him.
If he hadn't lost anything from 2019, than the layoff could only benefit his legs, once he regains his basketball wind.

Yeah, he surprised everybody when he left the league 2 years ago, a number of teams were looking to sign him for decent money.

If he has anything close to the form that he showed in 2019, it would be a no-brainer to get him for the 15th roster spot.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors