ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#781 » by the_process » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:14 pm

Our favorite source Vin Fosh says the Spurs are now in the lead. But the kings are “involved” :lol:

Read on Twitter
the_process
RealGM

Post#782 » by the_process » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:33 pm

the_process wrote:Our favorite source Vin Fosh says the Spurs are now in the lead. But the kings are “involved” :lol:

Read on Twitter

For the record, this would be very difficult as both teams want Simmons. But keep throwing it up there, Vin!
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#783 » by sixers hoops » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Stanford wrote:I doubt Maxey will be a bad defender in two years

Maxey floor game and ability to get to the rim are high level. If he improves his shot, takes much better care of the ball, and defense, he will be a good starter in the league.

Right now, he has played very sloppy at times, and often played large minutes with Dwight, Thybulle, Scott, and Kork, so he had to force offense.

Ultimately, I’m okay with trades that leave us with Maxey as a starter. It’s not ideal, but we have a deficit of guys who can create offense, so getting him on the floor might be needed.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,828

Post#784 » by Negrodamus » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:40 pm

I do find it interesting that Harrison Barnes is being considered a throw in for the Sac trade when he was actually quite great offensively last year and has consistently been healthy throughout his career. He just turned 29 in May after his most efficient season. 16 ppg with a FTr of .366 and a 3PAr of .400 (much better than Tobias's .221 FTr and .225 3PAr). He's actually a better pairing with Embiid as an off ball scorer. That said, Tobias had a decidedly better defensive year than Barnes which could be attributed to both personal growth and excellent team defense.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#785 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:31 pm

He deserves to be treated as such, IMO.

No defense, no shotcreating, 1 season in his career with double digit assist percentage.

Three point rate of 4.4 per 36 (Thybulle/Maxey tier) is even pretty weak for a guy that does nothing else but shoot.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#786 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Barnes would be easier to accept if he had a trigger similar to Tim Hardaway Jr. If he was a bomber that put relentless pressure on defenses from deep.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,027

Post#787 » by mg » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:49 pm

76ciology wrote:If we ever land Haliburton and Barnes.

Im wondering if we can then do a pick swap option between the Kings pick and the Cavs pick, with us dealing them Haliburton and Barnes and we get Sexton (scorer we need) and Nance (defender against KD and Giannis in the playoffs) in return.

We’d be a title contender next season while still have the chance to land a really high pick in 2022 draft.

I read an article today stating the Cavs *might* have interest in Barnes. Apparently Nance might be the player they dangle to fill their SF void.
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/08/larry-nance-jr-trade-free-agent-signing-will-cleveland-cavaliers-do-anything-else-this-offseason.html

Something like this might work:
To Sixers: Haliburton, Nance, Hield
To Sac: Simmons, Osman
To Cavs: Barnes + filler?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,550

Post#788 » by 76ciology » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:28 am

mg wrote:

Im wondering if we can then do a pick swap option between the Kings pick and the Cavs pick, with us dealing them Haliburton and Barnes and we get Sexton (scorer we need) and Nance (defender against KD and Giannis in the playoffs) in return.

We’d be a title contender next season while still have the chance to land a really high pick in 2022 draft.

I read an article today stating the Cavs *might* have interest in Barnes. Apparently Nance might be the player they dangle to fill their SF void.
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/08/larry-nance-jr-trade-free-agent-signing-will-cleveland-cavaliers-do-anything-else-this-offseason.html

Yeah better.

But for me, I like Sexton a lot better than Haliburton on this team. Then I love to have the Cavs pick.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#789 » by Kobblehead » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:23 pm

Sexton has far superior fierceness, but I like Haliburton's size and all-around game. Sexton would have to be an ace creator for me to take him over him and I don't think he is.
the_process
RealGM

Post#790 » by the_process » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:59 pm

76ciology wrote:
mg wrote:

Yeah better.

But for me, I like Sexton a lot better than Haliburton on this team. Then I love to have the Cavs pick.

Haliburton > Sexton IMO. And the Sixers certainly promised PT to Drummond and Niang, so while I realize Nance is way better, there is some sort of consideration that needs to be made there. And finally I want Barnes to replace Harris.

What I would like to see is some form of:

Harris and Simmons to SAC
Barnes and Haliburton and Team X player/asset to PHI
Hield and Bagley to Team X

Don’t think Cleveland fits into that unless they want to give up their 1st and take Thybulle? Love would be the salary filler to make the rest work, Sixers can buy him out. But I don’t see CLE trading their 1st.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#791 » by 76ciology » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Sexton has far superior fierceness, but I like Haliburton's size and all-around game. Sexton would have to be an ace creator for me to take him over him and I don't think he is.

You get that with the Cavs pick. Cavs will be much worse with Ben. While I dont think Mobley is ready to contribute.

Sexton provides you MUCH NEEDED scorer.

You dont need that much defense and “all around game” those have little value compared to scoring relative to our team.

Haliburton maybe a better player in a nutshell. But in a sixers uniform, Sexton is likely going to be the much better player.

Value is not absolute but rather relative, thats how i look at it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#792 » by Kobblehead » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:05 pm

I don't think Sexton is all-that in terms of his one-on-one game. Kind of mediocre as a creator. So it's hard for me to overlook his size and lack of defense. Also, he doesn't shoot threes at a high rate either. Just kinda meh to me.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#793 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:06 am

I think Sexton in a Harris trade makes sense, but he can't be the "big" acquisition obtained via Ben.

Ironically, he and Love are a good-great fit next to Jo and Ben.

Simmons/Maxey/Springer
Sexton/Curry/Joe
Green/Thybulle/Korkmaz
Love/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#794 » by DCasey91 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:12 am

I actually don’t mind it. We get a free pseudo stone in Sexton who isn’t Ingram/Brown or Lillard but we still keep our blue chip in Simmons. It opens up options down the line.

Who knows I still want Ingram. Sexton would be more enticing than Harris ever will be.

Win, win. There’s CJ for the other option which is more preferable to me to win. But then you’d just go straight for Lillard if that’s the case.

Open up zee flexibility!
the_process
RealGM

Post#795 » by the_process » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:37 am

CLE gets Hield and Harris
PHI gets Bagley, Haliburton, Barnes, and Rubio
SAC gets Love and Simmons

Rubio/Haliburton/Springer
Curry/Maxey/Joe
Green/Korkmaz/Thybulle
Barnes/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bagley
(Petrusev) (Bassey) (Milton)
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#796 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:39 am

Philly out : Tobias Harris , Shake Milton and Paul Reed
In: Sexton resigned to a Max sign and trade , Nance Jr and Rondo .
Philly turns to a more aggressive offense and more defense .

Cavs out Sexton ,Nance Jr
In : Slo mo , Dillion Brooks, Paul Reed and Shake Milton
Cavs load up on perimeter size and versatility

Grizzles in Tobias Harris
Out : Dillon Brooks , Rondo and Slo Mo .
Grizzles get a 2/3 veteran star to compliment young core.

Embiid / Drummond / Bassey 89ers
Simmons / Nance / Niang
Green / Korkmaz
Thybulle / Curry / ir. Joe
Sexton / Maxey / Rondo
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#797 » by davesilver » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Murray & AG for Ben & Tobias

Why for Denver? Ben immediately ups their defensive stature. Ben and Jokic would be fun as hell. Tobias’ creation ability at the 4. Timelines fit with Jokic.

Why for Philly? Obviously time to move on from Ben. Murray gives a legitimate 1/2 hybrid guard. AG is a solid fit next to Embiid, and more importantly is off the books next year.

Denver
Ben Barton MPJ Tobias Jokic

Philly
Maxey Murray Matisse Gordon Embiid
76ciology
RealGM

Post#798 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:11 am

Immanuel Quickly for Danny Green.

Thibs love defense we need offense
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,828

Post#799 » by Negrodamus » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:16 pm

76ciology wrote:Immanuel Quickly for Danny Green.

Thibs love defense we need offense

While I doubt the knicks would do this, wouldn’t Danny Green have to consent to this since he just signed with us last month?
the_process
RealGM

Post#800 » by the_process » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:39 pm

Simmons, Milton, and 2022 PHI 1st to MIN
Edwards, Prince, Springer, and 2024 PHI 1st to OKC
SGA, Beverley, and 2025 protected 1st returned to PHI

Return to Philadelphia 76ers