Trade Ideas

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Trade Ideas 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:20 pm

Okay, were going to try this again. Trade ideas. It's right there in the title.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,640

Re: Trade ideas 

Post#2 » by toooskies » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:16 pm

List of potential SF targets from one of Fedor's recent articles:

Kyle Anderson, Dillon Brooks, Sekou Doumbouya (may be released), Cam Reddish, Terrence Ross, Joe Ingles, Bojan Bogdanovic, T.J. Warren, Thaddeus Young, Tobias Harris, Jeremy Lamb and Harrison Barnes

Reportedly also made an offer for Simmons that we can't make now (Sexton, Cedi, Prince, protected 1st)

Potentially on the table: Love, Cedi, Nance?, Sexton?, Garland?, Stevens/Wade/Dotson/Kabengele filler, picks

The problem is you get into pieces you don't want to trade pretty quickly on the Cavs' roster. You'd prefer to send out Love and get something in return, but I don't think that any move is viable right now, so you have to consider moving Nance. And to get anything of substantial value you have to start with Sexton/Garland or picks.

The Cavs season starts off rough (west coast trip early) and so if the team starts out 9-9 like it did last year, that'd be a tremendous start. It'll also be harder to tank at the end of the year with a long stretch of mostly home games.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#3 » by JonFromVA » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:34 pm

I can't see trading our #1 for any of those players (and they presumably all want it) ... I'd love to see Altman come up with a surprise, but his usual MO is to wait for a team to get in a position they have to dump a contract and then he'll give up something minimal.
Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#4 » by Wisedude » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:52 pm

The Philly board seems to want to trade Tobias Harris. I would offer:

I could see Sexton & Love for Tobias & Milton straight up. The Cavs are not trading/swapping draft picks as those are completely off limits. It is what it is. Tobias would have to waive his trade bonus too.

Frontline of Allen, Nance & T. Harris with Mobley either starting or coming off the bench or Nance coming off the bench.
toooskies
Analyst

Post#5 » by toooskies » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Wisedude wrote:The Philly board seems to want to trade Tobias Harris. I would offer:

I could see Sexton & Love for Tobias & Milton straight up. The Cavs are not trading/swapping draft picks as those are completely off limits. It is what it is. Tobias would have to waive his trade bonus too.

Frontline of Allen, Nance & T. Harris with Mobley either starting or coming off the bench or Nance coming off the bench.

Can Harris realistically play the 3 still?
Wisedude
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#6 » by Wisedude » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:29 pm

toooskies wrote:
Wisedude wrote:The Philly board seems to want to trade Tobias Harris. I would offer:

imo, he can still play the 3
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#7 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:32 pm

I would like Harris but he would have to really want to play here. Otherwise it's just like KLove all over again with a way bigger contract.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:04 pm

T. Harris isn't a SF (neither is Thad Young). Harris can't defend the position. He's a PF on a bad contract. I really hope the Cavs stay far, far away from him.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:06 pm

toooskies wrote:

No.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:07 am

What's disappointing about this list is that the only player who is objectively worth trading Nance for is Barnes.

Only three of the players are worth a late 1st; Cam, Anderson, and Brooks.

The rest of those guys are basically MLE, or seconds in a trade, and we're sitting on the full MLE.

I want a balanced roster, but giving up Nance for some of these guys, because we couldn't sign a similar player, would be disappointing.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#11 » by JonFromVA » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:45 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Only three of the players are worth a late 1st; Cam, Anderson, and Brooks.

And you're being generous, at least in the case of Cam who's 22 now and still looks more like an NBA player than performs like one.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,299

Post#12 » by winforlose » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi guys Wolves fan here. I had a trade idea for a three team trade and I thought I would post it here as well.

Wolves send our first lottery protected and Jarred Vanderbilt via sign and trade to the Grizzlies, Grizzlies send Dillion Brooks and a second to Cleveland, Cleveland sends the Wolves Larry Nance Jr. We could also include Layman in the deal if the money is an issue.

Wolves get a solid PF who can play either starter or backup. Griz get a first as well as young player with upside, Cavs get a starting level Wing on a reasonable contract.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#13 » by JonFromVA » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:44 pm

winforlose wrote:Hi guys Wolves fan here. I had a trade idea for a three team trade and I thought I would post it here as well.

Wolves send our first lottery protected and Jarred Vanderbilt via sign and trade to the Grizzlies, Grizzlies send Dillion Brooks and a second to Cleveland, Cleveland sends the Wolves Larry Nance Jr. We could also include Layman in the deal if the money is an issue.

Wolves get a solid PF who can play either starter or backup. Griz get a first as well as young player with upside, Cavs get a starting level Wing on a reasonable contract.

It's going to be hard to move the Cavs off Nance Jr and I'm not sure all what would have to shake out for the Cavs for Brooks to make sense given Isaac Okoro who's 5 years younger will hopefully surpass Brooks in short order.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,299

Post#14 » by winforlose » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:46 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
winforlose wrote:Hi guys Wolves fan here. I had a trade idea for a three team trade and I thought I would post it here as well.

It's going to be hard to move the Cavs off Nance Jr and I'm not sure all what would have to shake out for the Cavs for Brooks to make sense given Isaac Okoro who's 5 years younger will hopefully surpass Brooks in short order.

Brooks size and defense allow him to play either the 2 or 3. Brooks is valuable depth if and when Okoro is ready to start in his places. It is just an idea, but I think it is a win/win/win
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#15 » by JonFromVA » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 pm

winforlose wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Brooks size and defense allow him to play either the 2 or 3. Brooks is valuable depth if and when Okoro is ready to start in his places. It is just an idea, but I think it is a win/win/win

Oh, I don't think the plan is to stop starting Okoro. They might consider moving him to SG and doing something else with Sexton, but if we trade Sexton ... what are we getting back? Hopefully a wing that would compliment Okoro better than Brooks.

Kyle Anderson or Dillon Brooks would be great for depth, but so is Nance.

red flags: Brooks does have a rep as a good defender, but his wingspan is identical to Sexton's. Brooks shoots a lot of 3's but his TS% was just 51.5%. Like Okoro his rebounding is not where you want it for a SF.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:07 pm

I consider something around Beasley and some draft capital.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#17 » by mg » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:19 pm

I'm kinda meh on it..don't hate it or love it. Actually Anderson would probably be the better fit for the Cavs given his size and the fact he's finally healthy after that shoulder surgery a few years ago. Unfortunately he's also a FA next summer too. Not sure I'd give up Nance for either Brooks or Anderson though..that's a tough call.

I might be wrong but don't believe the Grizzlies would trade Brooks for that Vanderbilt package though.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#18 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:31 am

Hello!

I'm a Nets fan, and in full disclosure, I'm under an indefinite posting ban from the Trades and Transactions board. (That's why I'm not posting this there.) Some mods feel that my Brooklyn trades are too slanted in my own team's favor. Well, this one doesn't involve my team, so hopefully you know that I have no agenda. I just want to see and hear feedback.

Here it is:

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/general/trades/7Jm4pBAfnhmZmh/cavs-sixers-and-blazers

CLE trades Nance/Osman/Sexton/22CLE1st/24CLE1st/26CLE1st for McCollum/Thybulle/Joe
The Cavaliers add size and defense on the perimeter.
Garland, McCollum, Okoro, Mobley, Allen
Rubio, Windler, Thybulle, Wade, Love

PHI trades Simmons/Thybulle/Joe/23PHI1st/27PHI1st for Lillard/Jones/Osman
The Sixers push all-in to challenge for a title.
Lillard, Green, Korkmaz, Harris, Embiid
Curry, Milton, Jones, Osman, Drummond

POR trades Lillard/McCollum/Jones for Simmons/Nance/Sexton/22CLE1st/23PHI1st/24CLE1st/26CLE1st/27PHI1st
The Blazers retool while staying competitive, and trim $30mil in payroll.
Sexton, Powell, Covington, Simmons, Nurkic
Simons, McLemore, Snell, Nance, Zeller
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
toooskies
Analyst

Post#19 » by toooskies » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:25 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello!

I'm a Nets fan, and in full disclosure, I'm under an indefinite posting ban from the Trades and Transactions board. (That's why I'm not posting this there.) Some mods feel that my Brooklyn trades are too slanted in my own team's favor. Well, this one doesn't involve my team, so hopefully you know that I have no agenda. I just want to see and hear feedback.

Here it is:

CLE trades Nance/Osman/Sexton/22CLE1st/24CLE1st/26CLE1st for McCollum/Thybulle/Joe

POR trades Lillard/McCollum/Jones for Simmons/Nance/Sexton/22CLE1st/23PHI1st/24CLE1st/26CLE1st/27PHI1st

The world in which McCollum garners our two best tradeable players and three FRPs is an interesting one, but far detached from reality.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#20 » by JonFromVA » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:59 pm

toooskies wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Hello!

Here it is:

The world in which McCollum garners our two best tradeable players and three FRPs is an interesting one, but far detached from reality.

Indeed ... that's quite the overpay just to add 7 years and $24M to our SG spot.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers