Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#941 » by Wizardspride » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
MVPofDC
Sophomore
And1: 157

Post#942 » by MVPofDC » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

There were a lot of RedWolves logos in the video.

I'd be ok with the Armada or Brigade.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,359

Post#943 » by doclinkin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:00 pm

MVPofDC wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I think they'll go with Commanders. Seems like a safe pick and the sort of thing that would make lil Danny feel tough.
Didn't we hear that there would be no "Red" in the name? Brigade kinda lands with a thud when you say it out loud.
I like ARMADA for the spiky symmetry in the letters. Kinda a pyramid shape or the peak of the Washington Monument.
I doubt Defenders, since like the guy said, what if our defense stinks?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#944 » by payitforward » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Since the beginning, I have thought that the perfect name would be the Washington Monuments.

What could possibly be as good as that?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#945 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:27 pm

I’m not a fan of these choices. But I could live with any of them.

I like Hogs but not Red Hogs. Maybe a different adjective...
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#946 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:40 pm

Or put some of them together ?

Hog Brigade/Armada
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#947 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:42 am

Fitzcraptic wasn’t very good tonight. I like the offense a lot better with Heineke.

Patterson is legit.
In Rizzo we trust
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#948 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:54 am

Heinicke looked sharp. Patterson could be all rookie. Dayami Brown is a good one.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#949 » by Wizardspride » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#950 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#951 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:46 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He dropped a relatively easy catch, and I think that was the last straw - after such a bad season. Tbh, I think big Cam Sims could also get the axe after AGG showed far better hands last game. The first thing you need as a WR is good hands, imo, and both Sims' just don't.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#952 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:56 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Fitzcraptic wasn’t very good tonight. I like the offense a lot better with Heineke.

Patterson is legit.

Patterson... not sure I've seen a back who can stop on a dime and instantly change directions like he can - has such a great feel for finding a crease. Have they tried him at all at punt returner, because I think he'd be dynamic there, as well. The one kickoff I saw him return was probably the best WFT return I've seen in years. It's amazing that he wasn't drafted. The play by play guy said he's 5'9; I think he's more like 5'5.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#953 » by Kanyewest » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Is Patterson worth a flier in fantasy football? I might take him at the end of the draft.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#954 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:28 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Is Patterson worth a flier in fantasy football? I might take him at the end of the draft.

Probably not unless Gibson gets dinged up. Hopefully they don't go to Barber - that... would be a disaster. Patterson's small, but he's still 195 lbs, and he's so quick that I think he's very good at avoiding big hits, so he'd probably be just as durable as Barber would be. I'd say - if Gibson gets hurt, be quick to acquire Patterson.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#955 » by TGW » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:31 pm

I couldn't stand Sims at all. I hate unreliable receivers, and he is about as unreliable as they come. Cam Sims is almost just as annoying. The last straw is when he stopped running a deep route against the Bucs that caused him to be a step behind a perfectly thrown pass by Heineke. Get him out of here too.

I've been disappointed in AGG but I'd rather give him a chance as the "big" receiver than the Sims.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
RealGM

Post#956 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:28 am

Ruzious wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Fitzcraptic wasn’t very good tonight. I like the offense a lot better with Heineke.

Patterson is legit.

Patterson... not sure I've seen a back who can stop on a dime and instantly change directions like he can - has such a great feel for finding a crease. Have they tried him at all at punt returner, because I think he'd be dynamic there, as well. The one kickoff I saw him return was probably the best WFT return I've seen in years. It's amazing that he wasn't drafted. The play by play guy said he's 5'9; I think he's more like 5'5.
I am positive he is not taller than 5 foot 7. He is 5-6 on a good day

Interesting Lee the play-by-play guy said his twin brother has grown to 6 foot 5.

Loving me some Google Translator
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#957 » by TGW » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:33 pm

That picture of Patterson and Chase Young when they were kids is hilarious. Wish I could find it...they showed it during the cast. Looks like Chase grew about a foot since the picture was taken, and Jaret stayed the same height.

edit: found it

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#958 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:05 pm

It's amazing how quickly RB's can lose their value. Sony Michel looked like a superstar in the making as a rookie, fell back in his 2nd year, and then tore his achilles. But he was showing he's ready for a comeback this preseason and... then gets traded to LA for a 5th and a 6th. Saquon Barkley - incredible over 2,000 yards from scrimmage in his rookie year, down to 1,441 as a sophomore, then tore his knee in year 3, and year 4... who knows? Nobody cared that he was a bad pass-blocker when he was a rookie; now people talk about it. Never use high picks on them. Get guys like Gibson and Patterson.
RealGM

Post#959 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:43 pm

doclinkin wrote:
MVPofDC wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I think they'll go with Commanders. Seems like a safe pick and the sort of thing that would make lil Danny feel tough. Didn't we hear that there would be no "Red" in the name? Brigade kinda lands with a thud when you say it out loud.
I like ARMADA for the spiky symmetry in the letters. Kinda a pyramid shape or the peak of the Washington Monument.
I doubt Defenders, since like the guy said, what if our defense stinks?

I like Armada. I don't really have a probably with Commanders. Commandos would be cooler but, obviously, non-PC.

Defenders stinks, but sounds like a choice that might be it.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#960 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Ruzious wrote:It's amazing how quickly RB's can lose their value. Sony Michel looked like a superstar in the making as a rookie, fell back in his 2nd year, and then tore his achilles. But he was showing he's ready for a comeback this preseason and... then gets traded to LA for a 5th and a 6th. Saquon Barkley - incredible over 2,000 yards from scrimmage in his rookie year, down to 1,441 as a sophomore, then tore his knee in year 3, and year 4... who knows? Nobody cared that he was a bad pass-blocker when he was a rookie; now people talk about it. Never use high picks on them. Get guys like Gibson and Patterson.

I once heard 4 years is it for NFL RB life span, on average.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards