ImageImageImage

MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 Vol.4 - Beasley Time

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,993

Re: MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 Vol.4 - Beasley Time 

Post#1921 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:12 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:Clickbait

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/08/23/nba-rumors-miami-heat-orlando-magic-trade-features-tyler-herro/

Orlando Magic Receive: G Tyler Herro

Miami Heat Receive: G RJ Hampton, G Cole Anthony, 2022 First Round Pick, 2022 Second Round Pick (via IND)
Such a bad deal for Miami in my opinion. Still the article makes a good point. Herro will be due an extension somewhat soon and if we're going to trade him, our time is this season.

Just thinking, what would Herro be offered. Im assuming a max deal just based on his potential. So we have Butler on his near 50 mil deal, Bam with his max and Herro with a max means we are a tax payer but are we a contender? Thats not factoring Lowry.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,124

Post#1922 » by SA37 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:47 pm

BBallFreak wrote:

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/08/23/nba-rumors-miami-heat-orlando-magic-trade-features-tyler-herro/

Miami Heat Receive: G RJ Hampton, G Cole Anthony, 2022 First Round Pick, 2022 Second Round Pick (via IND)
Such a bad deal for Miami in my opinion. Still the article makes a good point. Herro will be due an extension somewhat soon and if we're going to trade him, our time is this season.

If the deal brought back Terrence Ross, that would be more interesting for Miami since he'd be able to help immediately and has 2 years left on his deal at ~$12M a year. However, Miami would have to include more than Herro to make it work financially.

The guy I'd really like to see Miami acquire is Larry Nance Jr. However, Cleveland is already so guard-heavy, you'd think there'd need to be a 3rd team involved.

Another interesting player could be Rui Hachimura.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#1923 » by Hallstar » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:38 pm

Two worse guards and picks we won't develop
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,993

Post#1924 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:48 pm

Hallstar wrote:

But picks for a whale..... a rebuilding team wont care about win now players. Thats why they are rebuilding.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1925 » by heat4life » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:59 pm

SA37 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

If the deal brought back Terrence Ross, that would be more interesting for Miami since he'd be able to help immediately and has 2 years left on his deal at ~$12M a year. However, Miami would have to include more than Herro to make it work financially.

The guy I'd really like to see Miami acquire is Larry Nance Jr. However, Cleveland is already so guard-heavy, you'd think there'd need to be a 3rd team involved.

If you can get him on a Duncan-type of contract next offseason, would you rather extend Herro or still prefer Ross (31yo) who is going to want an extension at around the same dollar amount down a year after?
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,464

Post#1926 » by AirP. » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:34 pm

Hallstar wrote:

I'd easily do that deal. For starters, I'm not sure people get how marginalized Herro will be once Oladipo is back and doing well as a 2 way player. Toss in Herro will need to be paid in 2 seasons while the other 2 will have another year left on their rookie contract, the timing is key since you'll have Butler and Bam maxed, Lowry, Oladipo and Robinson making a good amount also, having 2 rookie contract contributors would help greatly. Toss in another 1st that could let Miami take 2 picks in the 2022 draft for long term potential for life after Lowry.

Oladipo is one of the keys to the future of Miami because either you keep him moving others like Herro or just lose him for nothing to keep and pay Herro. I don't see Miami paying Butler, Bam, Lowry, Oladipo, Robinson and Herro a bunch of money each, that's nuts because of how much overlap there would be, the only way you can really consolidate any of that talent without including Herro would be in next year's draft by drafting for someone else and then trade that player with someone for an upgrade.

Don't sleep on Oladipo in Miami, he's the 3 level scorer(although not top tier) guy they need and he's also a 2 way player. This year he'll be a bench guy(whenever he finally comes back) because I don't expect him to be the player he'll be by the start of the 2022-2023 season. Who knows, maybe Miami keeps Herro and moves Robinson next offseason to offset the salaries.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,464

Post#1927 » by AirP. » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:47 pm

SA37 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

Strus has the ability to be Miami's T.Ross off the bench. Larry Nance Jr would be an incredible fit at PF for Miami.
SA37
RealGM

Post#1928 » by SA37 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:52 pm

heat4life wrote:
SA37 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Such a bad deal for Miami in my opinion. Still the article makes a good point. Herro will be due an extension somewhat soon and if we're going to trade him, our time is this season.

If you can get him on a Duncan-type of contract next offseason, would you rather extend Herro or still prefer Ross (31yo) who is going to want an extension at around the same dollar amount down a year after?

That's tough. It really depends on 1) what other assets Miami acquired aside from Ross 2) how much upside you think Herro has and if you think he'd holdout for a bigger payday and 3) what happens with Oladipo.

Miami could not justify a more or less straight-up swap for Ross. However, if Miami got a 1st round pick + a young player, then it becomes more interesting, especially since Miami does not know when it will have a draft pick again (and presumably it will be in the lower half of the 1st round). Cole Anthony doesn't really do it for me, but if Miami could find a 3rd team to send him to and get back a different player or another pick, that would be ideal. Something like:

Miami gets: Ross + Dort
Magic get: Herro + Okpala + filler
OKC gets: Cole Anthony + Magic 1st

Oladipo is kind of the wildcard in all of this and if he comes back and plays well, Miami is going to really have to think about its finances.

In 23'-24' Miami will have ~$125M committed to Butler, Adebayo, Lowry, and Robinson. If Herro were on a Duncan-type deal, Miami would have another ~$16M committed; if Oladipo were to make a "spectacular" return, he'd be a 30-year old looking for a payday.

The following season, Miami would have ~$120M committed to Butler, Adebayo, Robinson, and Herro; anything Oladipo might have re-signed for would have to be added.

Would Miami have enough flexibility to surround that core with talent? Would that core still be good enough to compete for a title?

Given Miami's lack of assets, it is hard to see Miami being able to trade Herro and get equal value unless it is another player on a rookie deal that a team is willing to part with (someone along the lines of Rui Hachimura, Cam Reddish, Kevin Huerter, Colin Sexton or someone like that).
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,071

Post#1929 » by MorbidHEAT » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:55 pm

heat4life wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:Question is, would Michael Beasley be an upgrade over KZ?

I would be an upgrade over KZ. Nevertheless, with the way Beasley ripped Spoelstra a few years back, it would never happen regardless.
SA37
RealGM

Post#1930 » by SA37 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:58 pm

AirP. wrote:
SA37 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Such a bad deal for Miami in my opinion. Still the article makes a good point. Herro will be due an extension somewhat soon and if we're going to trade him, our time is this season.

Strus has the ability to be Miami's T.Ross off the bench. Larry Nance Jr would be an incredible fit at PF for Miami.

If Strus makes those kinds of strides this coming season, Herro will be expendable (assuming Oladipo can make a full return).

Washington gets: Herro
Cleveland gets: Hachimura + Okpala + filler
Miami gets: Nance Jr.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,450

Post#1931 » by MettaWorldPanda » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:03 pm

AirP. wrote:
Hallstar wrote:

I'd easily do that deal. For starters, I'm not sure people get how marginalized Herro will be once Oladipo is back and doing well as a 2 way player. Toss in Herro will need to be paid in 2 seasons while the other 2 will have another year left on their rookie contract, the timing is key since you'll have Butler and Bam maxed, Lowry, Oladipo and Robinson making a good amount also, having 2 rookie contract contributors would help greatly. Toss in another 1st that could let Miami take 2 picks in the 2022 draft for long term potential for life after Lowry.

Oladipo is one of the keys to the future of Miami because either you keep him moving others like Herro or just lose him for nothing to keep and pay Herro. I don't see Miami paying Butler, Bam, Lowry, Oladipo, Robinson and Herro a bunch of money each, that's nuts because of how much overlap there would be, the only way you can really consolidate any of that talent without including Herro would be in next year's draft by drafting for someone else and then trade that player with someone for an upgrade.

Don't sleep on Oladipo in Miami, he's the 3 level scorer(although not top tier) guy they need and he's also a 2 way player. This year he'll be a bench guy(whenever he finally comes back) because I don't expect him to be the player he'll be by the start of the 2022-2023 season. Who knows, maybe Miami keeps Herro and moves Robinson next offseason to offset the salaries.

The deal is very intriguing. Anthony gives us a pure young PG to develop behind Lowry. Hampton is a raw young guard but still has talent that I would like to see developed over let’s say Okpala. The picks open up a lot of doors to make some trades in the next year or two if someone big shakes free. Let’s not forget the relationship between Riley and Cole’s dad Greg. I like this deal. Herro and Okpala for Hampton,Anthony, and picks matches down to the penny on the checker.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#1932 » by Hallstar » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 pm

AirP. wrote:
Hallstar wrote:

You seriously overvalue the future of a one leg Oladipo. Herro is our best shot creator and maker going forward and as he gets stronger, that will be clearer.

You have a 3rd year player with clearly defined NBA skills and trade him during a supposed Championship attempt for raw guards you're not sure are playable at any stage...
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#1933 » by gom » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:27 am

Thank you, Hallstar, for some sensible balance. The grass is always greener... Cole Anthony & RJ Hampton should be fine players, but Tyler Herro is well above them now. And after spending money on Lowry and resigning Butler to the max, we have committed ourselves to this course.

I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1934 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:17 am

SA37 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
SA37 wrote:

If Strus makes those kinds of strides this coming season, Herro will be expendable (assuming Oladipo can make a full return).

No way that works in the checker. We need to give up more $$ and we don’t have it
Read on Twitter
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1935 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:20 am

It looks to me like the only players that are really able to be moved are Herro/KZ/Vincent and the guy we get needs to be a salary match.

No way we make a move trade wise. This is our opening night roster and we will re evaluate at the deadline.

Only possible move is signing a 3&D wing who can play the 3/1 and handle a tiny bit (Iggy role)

Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1936 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:32 am

Would be nice to have learning behind Lowry to eventually take over as our PG of the future. Does anyone honestly see Herro as the PG of the future? We did just sign Duncan to continue to be the starting two of this team. Eventually Dipo would be ideal as the backup 2/3. We have Strus who’s emerging as a 2/3 shooter. I like the idea of Anthony and Hampton along with the picks for Herro.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1937 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:34 am

HerroBalls wrote:It looks to me like the only players that are really able to be moved are Herro/KZ/Vincent and the guy we get needs to be a salary match.

No way we make a move trade wise. This is our opening night roster and we will re evaluate at the deadline.

Only possible move is signing a 3&D wing who can play the 3/1 and handle a tiny bit (Iggy role)

Herro and Okpala for Anthony,Hampton, and picks is 5.7 million in and out both ways.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,952

Post#1938 » by carnageta » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:35 am

We really wanna give up Tyler Herro for Larry Nance Jr? TF am I reading this correctly?? LMAO
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#1939 » by dean456 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:55 am

That Orlando trade is intriguing. RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony are 19 and 20yo respectively and are both finishing their rookie season so they are both still under rookie scale contract for another 3yrs which would benefit us financially if we are unsure about paying Herro.

Add to that I expect Orlando to be in the bottom 4 teams next season which means their 2022 FRP will at least be in the lottery and could very easily be a top 4 pick.

I think Herro is the best player in the package but the total value could be better in the long run.

If the Heat are confident in Oladipo returning to form then I'd say its a good move but if he doesn't this could hurt our chances this season at surprising people.
SA37
RealGM

Post#1940 » by SA37 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:58 am

HerroBalls wrote:
SA37 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Strus has the ability to be Miami's T.Ross off the bench. Larry Nance Jr would be an incredible fit at PF for Miami.

No way that works in the checker. We need to give up more $$ and we don’t have it

I just "proposed" the backbone of a potential deal off the top of my head assuming Nance Jr was the target. I do think, though, that Herro ($4M) + Okpala ($1.8M) + Dedmon ($2.4M) is probably enough for Nance Jr ($10.7M). If not, Miami could include PJ Tucker ($7M).

That said, if that were the trade being discussed, I am not sure why Miami wouldn't just do a Hachimura for Herro swap, which is more appealing.

I just don't think Miami would consider moving Herro until they see how he fits with the new team and until they know what they have with Oladipo and Strus.

Return to Miami Heat