Image ImageImage Image

Official: DeRozan! Player of the Week p69

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1181 » by BullChit » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:44 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:I don't quite know what the Clippers could of offered but I'm surprised he'd turn down the chance to play with Kawhi & PG13. I'd see that team easily in the WCF if Kawhi's healthy.

Best part about having DD, we should have no scoring droughts. Zach can rest up good with Demar & Nikola on the floor without him.

5th-6th seed easily, with potential to go higher.

I am so hyped!!!

The scoring on scoring on scoring is part of the reason I kind of am on board to Lauri returning on the QO - having a bench mob with Coby and Lauri for scoring and TBJ/Caruso/Bradley for defence vs other benches!!!
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,049

Post#1182 » by erlim » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:07 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rated higher than Lavine…
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#1183 » by BullChit » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:08 am

erlim wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Read on Twitter

I guess this means DDR is our late game closer right...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Louri
Senior
And1: 351

Post#1184 » by Louri » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:13 am

erlim wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes? Lavine IQ is prob around 57 and DeRozan close to 88. That makes difference with Levines bad D ofc.
"Larry Nance Jr is better than Lauri Markkanen" -RealGM 2021
Portiseyes
Sophomore
And1: 87

Post#1185 » by Portiseyes » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:16 am

Louri wrote:
erlim wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes? Lavine IQ is prob around 57 and DeRozan close to 88. That makes difference with Levines bad D ofc.

minus 1
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,154

Post#1186 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:13 am

Read on Twitter

https://www.2kratings.com/lists/revealed-2k22-ratings

DeRozan will probably be an 86
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach

Post#1187 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:18 am

Louri wrote:
erlim wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fake news. Sorry to burst your LaVine hating bubble but DeRozan will probably be rated the same as Zach if not slightly worse when the official rating comes out. I’m guessing 85-87.

Zach was an 88 (2K21) & dropped to 87 (2K22)

DeRozan was an 87 (2K21) & will possibly drop a point or stay the same.
BeKuK
RealGM
And1: 834

Post#1188 » by BeKuK » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:04 am

It's amazing how important the 2K ratings have become lately. 50 years from now guys won't even play real Basketball on the court anymore......they will play their own virtual player and make around 1 billion US$ per year ^^

At least that's the way they can stay healthy....unless they break their fingers while pressing around on the controller-buttons.
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 845

Post#1189 » by Bullflip » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:22 am

BeKuK wrote:It's amazing how important the 2K ratings have become lately. 50 years from know guys won't even play real Basketball on the court anymore......they will play their own virtual player and make around 1 billion US$ per year ^^

At least that's the way they can stay healthy....unless they break their fingers while pressing around on the controller-buttons.

It is crazy how so many players are bothered my video game ratings lol. However, esports are huge and will only continue to get bigger. Only wish there was esports around before when I was a big gamer.
Louri
Senior
And1: 351

Post#1190 » by Louri » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:52 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:
Louri wrote:
erlim wrote:

Fake news. Sorry to burst your LaVine hating bubble but DeRozan will probably be rated the same as Zach if not slightly worse when the official rating comes out. I’m guessing 85-87.

Sorry to burst your Lavine love bubble but that's how these games ratings work.

https://www.2kratings.com/zach-lavine#nav-attributes-tab

As you can see his bad D drops his rating. It's also same in real life.
"Larry Nance Jr is better than Lauri Markkanen" -RealGM 2021
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,205

Post#1191 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:25 pm

BeKuK wrote:It's amazing how important the 2K ratings have become lately. 50 years from know guys won't even play real Basketball on the court anymore......they will play their own virtual player and make around 1 billion US$ per year ^^

It is absolutely crazy but these games have come a long way from when I started with Lakers/Celtics lol.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#1192 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Decided to take 2k20 seriously and grinded for legend. Met a lot players during that time. A lot of over inflated self confidence is one part of the community.

I will say 2K21 I’m venturing into proAM / matchup experience and enjoying myself. The speed of the game and skill of players are definitely a step up.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1193 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Amazing to me, ive never played the game once or even been in a room while it was being played.

My generation was pong, and I stopped video games somewhere between "uppercut, uppercut, body blow" and "sorry, our princess is in another castle"
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 464

Post#1194 » by chitowndish » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:26 pm

I am glad to add in DeRozan’s midrange and post game I was enjoying watching CP3 play because teams are set up to give you those types of shots these days or in the case of post game I just don’t think guys see enough of it to know how to effectively defend it. When they run into a player good at those things it really can throw defenses into chaos they either let that guy continue to torch them or adjust their game plan at which point you have them changing how they want to play.

I’m also just a big believer in good passing in the post and I think that really puts pressure on defenses so I’m looking forward to seeing the passing between Vuc and DeRozan they will set up some really easy baskets for each other and I think Williams will really benefit from this too making cuts to the basket if he gets a head of steam he’s hard to deal with and they can both get him the ball. Should be a really fun offense to watch we have a lot of good distributors so I’m really just happy at the potential for enjoyable basketball.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1195 » by sco » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:31 pm

chitowndish wrote:I am glad to add in DeRozan’s midrange and post game I was enjoying watching CP3 play because teams are set up to give you those types of shots these days or in the case of post game I just don’t think guys see enough of it to know how to effectively defend it. When they run into a player good at those things it really can throw defenses into chaos they either let that guy continue to torch them or adjust their game plan at which point you have them changing how they want to play.

I’m also just a big believer in good passing in the post and I think that really puts pressure on defenses so I’m looking forward to seeing the passing between Vuc and DeRozan they will set up some really easy baskets for each other and I think Williams will really benefit from this too making cuts to the basket if he gets a head of steam he’s hard to deal with and they can both get him the ball. Should be a really fun offense to watch we have a lot of good distributors so I’m really just happy at the potential for enjoyable basketball.

I think a key to end games will be how Billy handles substitutions. I think the key will be how to handle Vuc and DDR with offense and defense subs. I think we can get away with one out there defensively, but probably not both in tight game situations.
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#1196 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:00 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:I don't quite know what the Clippers could of offered but I'm surprised he'd turn down the chance to play with Kawhi & PG13. I'd see that team easily in the WCF if Kawhi's healthy.

Best part about having DD, we should have no scoring droughts. Zach can rest up good with Demar & Nikola on the floor without him.

Without a sign and trade, the most they could have offered was the tax payer's MLE. He wasn't going to play there for that.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,034

Post#1197 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:54 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:

Without a sign and trade, the most they could have offered was the tax payer's MLE. He wasn't going to play there for that.

ahhh thank you, so it was the money lol
IamSam
Senior
And1: 218

Post#1198 » by IamSam » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:31 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

ahhh thank you, so it was the money lol

Oh most definitely the money was a huge factor for Demar. In my opinion, yes the Bull's overpaid and I get that there wasn't much direct competition with teams that could also offer him the same amount. Still, I think there can still be an advantage for the org with signing Demar and having him feel valued based on the amount they were willing to pay for him instead of having him signed for the lowest possible dollar amount.

Add to that the opportunity to play with Zach, Vuc, and Lonzo and I think that this new mgmt team is at least starting off with star level players that have a positive outlook on the team/org.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,575

Post#1199 » by Clocian » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:58 pm

Damn I love Hip Hop!
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach

Post#1200 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:10 pm

Louri wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:
Louri wrote:

Sorry to burst your Lavine love bubble but that's how these games ratings work.

https://www.2kratings.com/zach-lavine#nav-attributes-tab

As you can see his bad D drops his rating. It's also same in real life.

I guess even with his absolutely horrendous D & laughable IQ, he's still rated same if not better than DeRozan. All good.

Return to Chicago Bulls