ImageImageImage

MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 Vol.4 - Beasley Time

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,735

Re: MIAMI HEAT Offseason Thread 2021 Vol.4 - Beasley Time 

Post#1961 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Rodrizzle wrote:
AirP. wrote:
heat4life wrote:I think you let it become a problem first (Herro are Dipo playing great), then you worry about how you are going to pay them. It's an excellent problem to have. It will also mean that their services will be attractive around the league. Let it play out.

Or you end up losing Herro for nothing. Miami currently is barely under the tax, if you add a sizable contract for Oladipo, Butler's new max money, not sure you're going to go that far in the tax to retain Herro. It's an issue you have to be thinking about now and with all the talk about it was possible Herro was moved this summer, I don't expect them to change from still looking for a trade with him.

Think of it this way, paying Butler, Lowry, Bam, Robinson, Oladipo and Herro, that's 5 big contracts for PG-SF and only ONE big contract for a PF or C, the roster has to be evened out and I've said I doubt Miami moves a guy who basically forced his way to Miami, so to me it comes down to Robinson or/and Herro being moved before next season. That possibly could change depending on the season Miami has or how vital either or both become this season.

I look at it along the lines of both Robinson and Herro potentially being packaged together. Say Beal forces his way here mid season and then those two contracts work together and we bring in that piece. Hopeful thinking I know but possible

Herro and Robinson is no where close to a Beal salary match. The two equal about 20 to Beals 34.5 Even in you add Tucker it still don’t work. Anybody hoping for a Herro for star pipe dream trade will still be dreaming. If Herro can be dealt for someone like Cole Anthony who has just as much potential as a Herro at a position of need and will be cost controlled longer you have to make that deal. Does anyone really envision Herro as the PG of the future here? I think Anthony under the tutelage of Lowry would thrive. I like Herro but i’d rather have a talented young PG to groom behind our soon to be 36 year old PG and have a committee approach at the backup two guard spot until Dipo is ready between Strus, Garrett, and Hampton if he comes along in trade.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#1962 » by Heat_team02 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:56 pm

@ 9:40 all fun.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1963 » by heat4life » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:09 pm

AirP. wrote:
heat4life wrote:I think you let it become a problem first (Herro are Dipo playing great), then you worry about how you are going to pay them. It's an excellent problem to have. It will also mean that their services will be attractive around the league. Let it play out.

Or you end up losing Herro for nothing. Miami currently is barely under the tax, if you add a sizable contract for Oladipo, Butler's new max money, not sure you're going to go that far in the tax to retain Herro. It's an issue you have to be thinking about now and with all the talk about it was possible Herro was moved this summer, I don't expect them to change from still looking for a trade with him.

Think of it this way, paying Butler, Lowry, Bam, Robinson, Oladipo and Herro, that's 5 big contracts for PG-SF and only ONE big contract for a PF or C, the roster has to be evened out and I've said I doubt Miami moves a guy who basically forced his way to Miami, so to me it comes down to Robinson or/and Herro being moved before next season. That possibly could change depending on the season Miami has or how vital either or both become this season.

If you want to be a good team you plan ahead multiple years but should also remain flexible with the understanding that something unexpected is likely to happen.

Anything can happen. Maybe Lowry ages in a hurry and you have to dump him, or maybe Oladipo and/or Herro just suck. Too many things remain to be seen in order to make a solid decision on what to do with Herro and Oladipo going forward. Miami doesn't have to make that decision right now. Like I said, let it play out this season and then make your move.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1964 » by IggieCC » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:11 pm

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,854

Post#1965 » by AirP. » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:08 pm

heat4life wrote:
AirP. wrote:

If you want to be a good team you plan ahead multiple years but should also remain flexible with the understanding that something unexpected is likely to happen.

Anything can happen. Maybe Lowry ages in a hurry and you have to dump him, or maybe Oladipo and/or Herro just suck. Too many things remain to be seen in order to make a solid decision on what to do with Herro and Oladipo going forward. Miami doesn't have to make that decision right now. Like I said, let it play out this season and then make your move.

Well, if you can move Herro for a very good player you do it no matter what Oladipo will do. The overall issue is that you have to make long term plans to have a better chance at long term success, of course you should have some sort of contingency plan too.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,798

Post#1966 » by Hallstar » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:17 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Rodrizzle wrote:
AirP. wrote:Or you end up losing Herro for nothing. Miami currently is barely under the tax, if you add a sizable contract for Oladipo, Butler's new max money, not sure you're going to go that far in the tax to retain Herro. It's an issue you have to be thinking about now and with all the talk about it was possible Herro was moved this summer, I don't expect them to change from still looking for a trade with him.

I look at it along the lines of both Robinson and Herro potentially being packaged together. Say Beal forces his way here mid season and then those two contracts work together and we bring in that piece. Hopeful thinking I know but possible

Herro and Robinson is no where close to a Beal salary match. The two equal about 20 to Beals 34.5 Even in you add Tucker it still don’t work. Anybody hoping for a Herro for star pipe dream trade will still be dreaming. If Herro can be dealt for someone like Cole Anthony who has just as much potential as a Herro at a position of need and will be cost controlled longer you have to make that deal. Does anyone really envision Herro as the PG of the future here? I think Anthony under the tutelage of Lowry would thrive. I like Herro but i’d rather have a talented young PG to groom behind our soon to be 36 year old PG and have a committee approach at the backup two guard spot until Dipo is ready between Strus, Garrett, and Hampton if he comes along in trade.

What gives Cole Anthony the potential? And I don't see Duncan as an SG of the future, especially when that future includes paying a old Butler 50 mill to score in the low teens.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,854

Post#1967 » by AirP. » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:18 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Rodrizzle wrote:
AirP. wrote:Or you end up losing Herro for nothing. Miami currently is barely under the tax, if you add a sizable contract for Oladipo, Butler's new max money, not sure you're going to go that far in the tax to retain Herro. It's an issue you have to be thinking about now and with all the talk about it was possible Herro was moved this summer, I don't expect them to change from still looking for a trade with him.

Herro was a great pick for where he was picked at, it's possible limiting his role to basically a scorer could really help him and and the team and it's also possible that he'll be a great fit with the older players who bring the defense but when I think about a guy like Oladipo who "could" is a plus on both sides of the court and there being a hole at the PF/C position next to Bam, you gotta think Herro or/and Robinson will be moved to fix that issue. I have to believe that both Oladipo and Herro will need to become starters at some point next 1-2 years because both will want to be paid as starters. Maybe you move Robinson to a bench role so Oladipo or Herro become a starter but I really worry about a team that could be built on defense having such a horrible defensive player like Herro in the start lineup(not to mention Robinson being nearly as bad but he has length).

Return to Miami Heat