ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Re: Offseason Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread Take 2 

Post#101 » by dukeknicksirish » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:29 pm

I just want us to play 10 games so I can overact to an area of need on the team and dream of trade scenarios to fix us.
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#102 » by moocow007 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
He's a NY boy. He'd LOVE to play for the Knicks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Huerter

LOL sorry but had to laugh, he damn near near maine. To me upstate ain't NY especially that far up haha

Albany is not near Maine. :lol: Albany is about a 2 hour 20 minute drive from NYC. Huerter's from NY. You can't say, "He's not from NY." HE'S FROM NEW YORK!

I'm getting the sense that the Knicks were not his favorite team growing up. Based on past interviews it sounds like he was a Miami Heat fan. His favorite player is Lebron James and he wears no.3 because of DWade and Iverson (see below). I even remember him talking about the Heat a lot in some interviews early on. I went to school upstate and a lot of folks up there have surprisingly odd views of NYC and anything related to it almost to the point where they see NYC as another state onto itself. It's not uncommon to find upstate NY'ers liking teams from Pennsylvania (Sixers, Phillies, Steelers) or across the border in Canada and not be endeared with the popular NYC area teams. The one set of NY team that most upstate NY'ers seem to mostly be fans are are oddly the teams that rarely ever gets considered NY teams if you think about it (talking obviously about the Buffalo Bills and Sabres). And that kinda is representative of the microcosm of NY'ers far outside of the NYC area. If you ask most NYC folk to name the NY sports teams in football they'd say the Jets and Giants and in hockey they'd say the Rangers and Islanders. Very rarely would you hear the Bills or Sabres mentioned (even though the Bills and Sabres have been around since the 1960's and 70's respectively). In fact you're probably more likely to get them to say the Devils (a NJ team) if pressed for the 3rd hockey team from NY than the Sabres. That feeling about being the forgotten stepchild is pretty prevalent and it spawns the lack of allegiance to the popular NYC area teams.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#103 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:28 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:LOL sorry but had to laugh, he damn near near maine. To me upstate ain't NY especially that far up haha

Albany is not near Maine. :lol: Albany is about a 2 hour 20 minute drive from NYC. Huerter's from NY. You can't say, "He's not from NY." HE'S FROM NEW YORK!

I'm getting the sense that the Knicks were not his favorite team growing up. Based on past interviews it sounds like he was a Miami Heat fan. His favorite player is Lebron James and he wears no.3 because of DWade and Iverson (see below). I even remember him talking about the Heat a lot in some interviews early on. I went to school upstate and a lot of folks up there have surprisingly odd views of NYC and anything related to it almost to the point where they see NYC as another state onto itself. It's not uncommon to find upstate NY'ers liking teams from Pennsylvania (Sixers, Phillies, Steelers) or across the border in Canada and not be endeared with the popular NYC area teams. The one set of NY team that most upstate NY'ers seem to mostly be fans are are oddly the teams that rarely ever gets considered NY teams if you think about it (talking obviously about the Buffalo Bills and Sabres). And that kinda is representative of the microcosm of NY'ers far outside of the NYC area. If you ask most NYC folk to name the NY sports teams in football they'd say the Jets and Giants and in hockey they'd say the Rangers and Islanders. Very rarely would you hear the Bills or Sabres mentioned (even though the Bills and Sabres have been around since the 1960's and 70's respectively). In fact you're probably more likely to get them to say the Devils (a NJ team) if pressed for the 3rd hockey team from NY than the Sabres. That feeling about being the forgotten stepchild is pretty prevalent and it spawns the lack of allegiance to the popular NYC area teams.

Did you live up there? :lol: Well damn, that was good.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#104 » by cgmw » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:39 pm

dukeknicksirish wrote:I just want us to play 10 games so I can overact to an area of need on the team and dream of trade scenarios to fix us.

You're joking, but sadly this is basically a microcosm of the Dolan style of ownership. Our new backcourt might take a minute to adjust this season. The tabloid sky will certainly be falling if we come out sluggish. Leon hasn't been tested like that yet.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,608

Post#105 » by stuporman » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:47 pm

The area of need for the Knicks is SF...they don't have anyone over 6-7 to play it so the big, long and versatile SFs will eat the Knicks up.

...and no, Knox is not the solution unless he take a huuuUUUUUuuuge leap which he hasn't shown any indication he was on the verge of.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#106 » by DaGawd » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:12 am

stuporman wrote:The area of need for the Knicks is SF...they don't have anyone over 6-7 to play it so the big, long and versatile SFs will eat the Knicks up.

...and no, Knox is not the solution unless he take a huuuUUUUUuuuge leap which he hasn't shown any indication he was on the verge of.

Rj and Fournier should suffice
BaF
Washington Wizards
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,608

Post#107 » by stuporman » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:04 am

DaGawd wrote:
stuporman wrote:The area of need for the Knicks is SF...they don't have anyone over 6-7 to play it so the big, long and versatile SFs will eat the Knicks up.

For the one game series marathon the regular season is I suspect that the starting 2-3 wing duo of RJ and EF will be competitive defensively every game, especially under Thibs.

There are some teams that will be too big for them tho there aren't alot of them in the league but the Knicks will see many of them in the playoffs for a long series of games.

The Knicks could use one 6-9 SF impact two way playmaker off the bench, that player they will say 'the player they wanted Knox to be' about.

Thibs could really use a guy like that.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#108 » by aq_ua » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:56 am

stuporman wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

For the one game series marathon the regular season is I suspect that the starting 2-3 wing duo of RJ and EF will be competitive defensively every game, especially under Thibs.

There are some teams that will be too big for them tho there aren't alot of them in the league but the Knicks will see many of them in the playoffs for a long series of games.

The Knicks could use one 6-9 SF impact two way playmaker off the bench, that player they will say 'the player they wanted Knox to be' about.

Ideally, we would develop the youth to a point where Grimes can effectively back up the two guard position and allow us to move Burks for a backup defensive focused small forward. Burks for Kyle Anderson or Dorian Finney-Smith at the deadline?
Thepaintismine
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#109 » by Thepaintismine » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:46 am

stuporman wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Right here, yeah!

We need dat long one. I hear lots O guys talking about passing on Jalen in da draft but I didn't follow da guy.
Hope dad shiz don't come back and bit us.

Knox, he just don't got the lateral movement. But he is big and long, so there B some hope.

We B more a regular season team but we sure did get a hells of a lot betta, but still missing that piece you mention for da playoffs.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#110 » by moocow007 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Between me being a minority, from NYC and a bit Yankees and Knicks fan I'm surprised I made it out of upstate NY alive. Where I went to school as within a short driving distance of one of the main hubs of the KKK. :D
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#111 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:20 pm

i would like to point out that anything above the bronx is technically upstate. and also if you live in long island you live upstate. you're not a new yorker. thank you. this was my ted talk.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#112 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Between me being a minority, from NYC and a bit Yankees and Knicks fan I'm surprised I made it out of upstate NY alive. Where I went to school as within a short driving distance of one of the main hubs of the KKK. :D

Jesus, is anyplace safe from ass holes?

Are we talking finger-lakes area?
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#113 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:06 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I'm thinking western NY state, not far from Western PA or Ohio.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#114 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:10 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Oh. I wouldn't be caught in that part of the state. :lol:
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#115 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:14 pm

god shammgod wrote:i would like to point out that anything above the bronx is technically upstate. and also if you live in long island you live upstate. you're not a new yorker. thank you. this was my ted talk.

Only a small part of Long Island is north of the Bronx. In any event, do yourself a favor a stay away.

Disclaimer: Wingo's views are none other than his own and do not represent the RealGM/Knicks' forum in any way, shape, or form.

All legal inquiries are made to H. Wingo, Esq. only.
POSTING POLICIES:
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#116 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:30 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

So, um, you're admitting you speed when driving through Western NY?

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#117 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:35 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I'm thinking western NY state, not far from Western PA or Ohio.

So, um, you're admitting you speed when driving through Western NY?

Now I would, for sure Maybe Moocow escaped unharmed but I wouldn't be so lucky. "Squeeeel!" :o
POSTING POLICIES:
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#118 » by rajajackal » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
He's a NY boy. He'd LOVE to play for the Knicks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Huerter

LOL sorry but had to laugh, he damn near near maine. To me upstate ain't NY especially that far up haha

wingo, i gotta disagree here. imo even being from new jersey within 1 hr of NYC makes you more of a new yorker than someone 2.5 hrs upstate
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,356

Post#119 » by Ray Williams » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:02 pm

aq_ua wrote:
stuporman wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Rj and Fournier should suffice

Ideally, we would develop the youth to a point where Grimes can effectively back up the two guard position and allow us to move Burks for a backup defensive focused small forward. Burks for Kyle Anderson or Dorian Finney-Smith at the deadline?

Like Kyle Anderson, another Paterson Catholic kid done good.
smw6230
Senior
And1: 263

Post#120 » by smw6230 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:40 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:LOL sorry but had to laugh, he damn near near maine. To me upstate ain't NY especially that far up haha

LOL, having been raised in Queens and having moved to San Diego in HS I offer the following observation.

Upstate New Yorkers = CA Central Valley - Kevin McCarthy represents Fresno
NYC residents = Coastal Elites (San Diego, LA, SF, Carmel)

To me I love the duality in both states. Some of my best memories of New York were on drives upstate and into PA. It was so lush, green, rolling, so completely different from Queens/Long Island.

Same thing in CA, 40miles west of San Diego/LA you're into the mountains of San Bernadino on the 395 and you start rolling by "big"towns like Lone Pine/Bishop. That's beautiful country but culturally and sceanically its a different world from, say San Clemente.

Pro Tip - U.S. 395 is the most underrated road in California.

Return to New York Knicks