Image ImageImage Image

Official: DeRozan! Player of the Week p69

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,234

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1201 » by kodo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:13 am

Derozan isn't a 90. For reference, Jokic was a 90. He's probably 87-86, which is still very good considering Tatum is 87.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,234

Post#1202 » by kodo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:16 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:I don't quite know what the Clippers could of offered but I'm surprised he'd turn down the chance to play with Kawhi & PG13. I'd see that team easily in the WCF if Kawhi's healthy.
Best part about having DD, we should have no scoring droughts. Zach can rest up good with Demar & Nikola on the floor without him.

5th-6th seed easily, with potential to go higher.

Without a sign and trade, the most they could have offered was the tax payer's MLE. He wasn't going to play there for that.

ahhh thank you, so it was the money lol

From what I've seen/read, Clippers wanted to get Derozan but the Derozan never had much interest in that situation (playing for MLE, being the 3rd option wing).

I do remember on FA day his agent told the Clippers team to not even bother coming.

Interesting to hear that the main guy that recruited him was Vucevic (when asked if Lavine recruited him). Without the Vuc trade we might not have Derozan either.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,100

Post#1203 » by cool007 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:27 am

Clocian wrote:

Love it. Love to see them working on their games and building some chemistry and talk it out on who likes the ball where and how they can be effective together.

Now want to see Lonzo and Vuc work out with them as well.
tunit213
Senior
And1: 398

Post#1204 » by tunit213 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:02 am

A Ball-Caruso-Zach-DeRozan-PWill lineup will be fun to watch. Can be the Bulls own small ball death lineup.
DWhiteMamba
Junior
And1: 95

Post#1205 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:27 am

Last offseason it was an open secret DeRozan was unhappy with the Spurs. He'd been keen for a move to a new team for a while, and there were tonnes of leaks from credible sources about him being on the trade market. DeRozan removed all his Spurs affiliation and content from social media more than once, then when rumours came out that he wanted out he would post something passive aggressive on social media like "tell me when I said that" or some such. He would never post "I love being on the Spurs and am not looking to go anywhere". The problem was the Spurs couldn't get anything for him on the trade market. Alot of fans like me also wanted him gone. So why didn't he leave last offseason? He had an opt out after all. The reason is pretty self-explanatory. He couldn't get a contract even approaching his salary of $27 mill. No player wants to stay on a 1 year deal when they can cash in. If someone had offered him a better contract he'd have taken it.

There was nothing out there for DeRozan last offseason. People had seen through his ppg on the Spurs, and could see how he wasn't helping make them better. In fact the team won more with him out, and his plus minus numbers were bad per usual. DeRozan does alot of good things, but his lack of D and spacing/offball movement absolutely warps the way your team can play. He is just horrid defensively. He has no position. The Spurs always put him on the worst offensive player on the other team.

This offseason was much the same. It seemed there was nothing out there for Demar, much to his surprise. He had to pretend to have that Clippers meeting to try and create some leverage. The Spurs were helping him create leverage too, but putting out the ridiculous idea that "hey, we'll just re-sign him if we don't like the S&T offer". That was laughable though. If the Spurs wanted to keep DDR they would have extended him last offseason. He certainly wanted an extension during his tenure, and our lack of interest in overpaying him was one of the reasons he wanted out.

I don't dislike Demar as a person, from what I hear he's not a bad guy, but I have never found myself unable to root for a Spurs player in the way I did Demar. I could not wait to get him off the team, and was scared for a while we might actually re-sign him. I now realise that was never on the cards, and we were using that as a bluff to fleece Chicago. Alot of Raptors fans feel the same way, and I remember bonding with them about it. I advise you to make him 6th man as soon as possible. That will minimise the damage he does, while maximising the good things he can still do.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,630

Post#1206 » by Dez » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:56 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:Last offseason it was an open secret DeRozan was unhappy with the Spurs. He'd been keen for a move to a new team for a while, and there were tonnes of leaks from credible sources about him being on the trade market. DeRozan removed all his Spurs affiliation and content from social media more than once, then when rumours came out that he wanted out he would post something passive aggressive on social media like "tell me when I said that" or some such. He would never post "I love being on the Spurs and am not looking to go anywhere". The problem was the Spurs couldn't get anything for him on the trade market. Alot of fans like me also wanted him gone. So why didn't he leave last offseason? He had an opt out after all. The reason is pretty self-explanatory. He couldn't get a contract even approaching his salary of $27 mill. No player wants to stay on a 1 year deal when they can cash in. If someone had offered him a better contract he'd have taken it.

There was nothing out there for DeRozan last offseason. People had seen through his ppg on the Spurs, and could see how he wasn't helping make them better. In fact the team won more with him out, and his plus minus numbers were bad per usual. DeRozan does alot of good things, but his lack of D and spacing/offball movement absolutely warps the way your team can play. He is just horrid defensively. He has no position. The Spurs always put him on the worst offensive player on the other team.

This offseason was much the same. It seemed there was nothing out there for Demar, much to his surprise. He had to pretend to have that Clippers meeting to try and create some leverage. The Spurs were helping him create leverage too, but putting out the ridiculous idea that "hey, we'll just re-sign him if we don't like the S&T offer". That was laughable though. If the Spurs wanted to keep DDR they would have extended him last offseason. He certainly wanted an extension during his tenure, and our lack of interest in overpaying him was one of the reasons he wanted out.

I don't dislike Demar as a person, from what I hear he's not a bad guy, but I have never found myself unable to root for a Spurs player in the way I did Demar. I could not wait to get him off the team, and was scared for a while we might actually re-sign him. I now realise that was never on the cards, and we were using that as a bluff to fleece Chicago. Alot of Raptors fans feel the same way, and I remember bonding with them about it. I advise you to make him 6th man as soon as possible. That will minimise the damage he does, while maximising the good things he can still do.

This is basically a post of assumptions to fit your constructed narrative.
DWhiteMamba
Junior

Post#1207 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:15 am

If DeRozan had this kind of value, why didn't he opt out and take that sort of pay day a year early?
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,154

Post#1208 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:Last offseason it was an open secret DeRozan was unhappy with the Spurs. He'd been keen for a move to a new team for a while, and there were tonnes of leaks from credible sources about him being on the trade market. DeRozan removed all his Spurs affiliation and content from social media more than once, then when rumours came out that he wanted out he would post something passive aggressive on social media like "tell me when I said that" or some such. He would never post "I love being on the Spurs and am not looking to go anywhere". The problem was the Spurs couldn't get anything for him on the trade market. Alot of fans like me also wanted him gone. So why didn't he leave last offseason? He had an opt out after all. The reason is pretty self-explanatory. He couldn't get a contract even approaching his salary of $27 mill. No player wants to stay on a 1 year deal when they can cash in. If someone had offered him a better contract he'd have taken it.

You’re trying way too hard. You caught feelings because he didn’t want to be on the Spurs I understand that. You’re like that one poster that we used to have here that HATED Satoranski…..

We get it man…. DeRozan is the worst basketball player to ever lace them up…. Gotcha! Worst defender ever, has zero spacing, has no true position, not a starter, no one wanted to sign him, he tricks teams to think other teams want him, he’s a bench player, he’s all about the money…

Thank you for the input….now go away….

If he doesn’t work out for the bulls then he doesn’t work out… I just don’t like wannabe psychics.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
DWhiteMamba
Junior

Post#1209 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:27 am

I've been calling for him to be traded since 2019 actually. I figured we should sell high after our playoff run. I predict half this board feels the same within a year.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,154

Post#1210 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:I've been calling for him to be traded since 2019 actually. I figured we should sell high after our playoff run. I predict half this board feels the same within a year.

Ok cool. Anything else or you just like repeating yourself?
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#1211 » by JohnnyTapwater » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:31 am

DeRozan is going to be great for us.
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#1212 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 am

BeKuK wrote:It's amazing how important the 2K ratings have become lately. 50 years from now guys won't even play real Basketball on the court anymore......they will play their own virtual player and make around 1 billion US$ per year ^^

At least that's the way they can stay healthy....unless they break their fingers while pressing around on the controller-buttons.

ESPN Ticker in 50 years: EZMoneySniper35 pulls out of NBA2K71 Southeast Regionals with torn 5th digit metacarpal, may be out till the beginning of NBA2K72 season
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#1213 » by BullChit » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:07 pm

DWhiteMamba wrote:I advise you to make him 6th man as soon as possible. That will minimise the damage he does, while maximising the good things he can still do.

Sure thing, we will get right on that what with all the power we weild here. We are trying around with the idea of making him a third option on offense but we will consult with you before we make any major role changes.

Right after we finalise the trade of Lauri Markannen, this forum can only handle one team decision at a time you know.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
DWhiteMamba
Junior

Post#1214 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:10 pm

I meant your front office. I mean he's got his money now, and he's under contract, so it's not like he can complain about it much. He certainly won't be tradeable. Once things start to go south it's time to tell him to get used to his ideal role as a 6th man.
SaNdMiRkS
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#1215 » by SaNdMiRkS » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:25 pm

DWhiteMamba wrote:I meant your front office. I mean he's got his money now, and he's under contract, so it's not like he can complain about it much. He certainly won't be tradeable. Once things start to go south it's time to tell him to get used to his ideal role as a 6th man.

...bruhh....did DDR stiff your kid on an autograph at a game or something.....? wtf ?
PurpleTrees
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,044

Post#1216 » by PurpleTrees » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:49 pm

DWhiteMamba wrote:I meant your front office. I mean he's got his money now, and he's under contract, so it's not like he can complain about it much. He certainly won't be tradeable. Once things start to go south it's time to tell him to get used to his ideal role as a 6th man.

Jeez, this has to be personal. Ok we get it, he sucks and is the worst player in the league. Anything else you want to add?
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#1217 » by BullChit » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Oh you meant the front office! My bad... silly me being all literal.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#1218 » by LateNight » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:31 pm

It’s interesting because Zach (8) and Demar (7) are both top 10 in clutch shooting. Looking forward to seeing how that works for us!

https://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/ssnPlayerSplit.php
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#1219 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm

SHO'NUFF wrote:

You’re trying way too hard. You caught feelings because he didn’t want to be on the Spurs I understand that. You’re like that one poster that we used to have here that HATED Satoranski…..

We get it man…. DeRozan is the worst basketball player to ever lace them up…. Gotcha! Worst defender ever, has zero spacing, has no true position, not a starter, no one wanted to sign him, he tricks teams to think other teams want him, he’s a bench player, he’s all about the money…

Thank you for the input….now go away….

If he doesn’t work out for the bulls then he doesn’t work out… I just don’t like wannabe psychics.

DeRozan lead the entire league ast to pass percentage so that offense runs better without DDR is lie.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/passing/?sort=AST_TO_PASS_PCT&dir=1&Season=2020-21&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&CF=MIN*GE*1000
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#1220 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm

LateNight wrote:It’s interesting because Zach (8) and Demar (7) are both top 10 in clutch shooting. Looking forward to seeing how that works for us!

https://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/ssnPlayerSplit.php

It will be about who is hot and making the right basketball play rather than taking the tough shot
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to Chicago Bulls