ImageImageImage

Brand or Colangelo, who do fans dislike more?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Who do you dislike more?

Colangelo
81%
Brand
19%

Total votes: 48

DWhiteMamba
Junior
And1: 95

Brand or Colangelo, who do fans dislike more? 

Post#1 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:53 am

In these turbulent times for Sixers fans, it's time to talk about something more cheerful. Which of these guys do you hate more for messing up things on the team? Who was more incompetent? Or, do you actually think they were both good?
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Re: Brand or Colangelo, who do fans dislike more? 

Post#2 » by Tomjas » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:49 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:In these turbulent times for Sixers fans, it's time to talk about something more cheerful. Which of these guys do you hate more for messing up things on the team? Who was more incompetent? Or, do you actually think they were both good?

Good is not an option when discussing those 2

Your Spurs have one of the worst rosters in the entire nba so hopefully their FO is more competent and can trade you back into relevance
DWhiteMamba
Junior

Post#3 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:08 am

Tomjas wrote:
DWhiteMamba wrote:In these turbulent times for Sixers fans, it's time to talk about something more cheerful. Which of these guys do you hate more for messing up things on the team? Who was more incompetent? Or, do you actually think they were both good?

Your Spurs have one of the worst rosters in the entire nba so hopefully their FO is more competent and can trade you back into relevance

There's a reason good isn't among the options. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the Spurs this season. I certainly don't want them making any major trades.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#4 » by Tomjas » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:20 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

There's a reason good isn't among the options. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the Spurs this season. I certainly don't want them making any major trades.

Roster is completely unbalanced and your asset register indicates that the Spurs are in the trade market big time

No way that Pop wastes one of his last seasons tanking
DWhiteMamba
Junior

Post#5 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:24 am

Disagree, but if you come post about it on the Spurs board I'll be happy to discuss it with you.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#6 » by TTP » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:34 am

Let's see if Colangelo makes some burner accounts to pump up the Brand numbers.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#7 » by the_process » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:21 am

This poll shouldn't be close.

So far it isn't. Which is correct.
DWhiteMamba
Junior

Post#8 » by DWhiteMamba » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 pm

TTP wrote:Let's see if Colangelo makes some burner accounts to pump up the Brand numbers.

Class Act.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#9 » by BullyKing » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:19 pm

Hot take: Brand did far more damage than Colangelo did.

Brand did do some good - his late picks look nice. Colangelo really has nothing positive in his column. But Brand was the person in charge during the make or break offseason and he botched that to epic proportions.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#10 » by DCasey91 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:46 pm

All three including Brown lol. They all had massive trade or asset blunders that’s fireable on the spot.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#11 » by DCasey91 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:49 pm

BullyKing wrote:Hot take: Brand did far more damage than Colangelo did.

Brand did do some good - his late picks look nice. Colangelo really has nothing positive in his column. But Brand was the person in charge during the make or break offseason and he botched that to epic proportions.

Nah Brand was easily the worst GM out of the lot by a mile. Look at the moves, just so bad makes no sense.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,885

Post#12 » by mjkvol » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:05 pm

My vote for Colangelo was based on the entire ending of The Process by Silver and old man Colangelo as well as Collars' disastrous tenure here. The damage that Brand did in emptying the cupboard followed by the brutal Butler/Harris/Horford off season was worse than any single move Colangelo made, but the beginning of the end came with the Colangelos.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#13 » by TTP » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Brand definitely made nearly all of the most crippling moves, specifically the Tobias trade, choosing Tobias over Jimmy, the Tobias contract, and the Horford contract.

Colangelo was death by a thousand cuts and just tremendous asset waste. The entire Okafor situation was a joke. We forced him minutes when it was clear he was terrible, and it was at the expense of three legitimately good players who were all buried to various degrees - Grant, Noel, and Holmes. That whole Okafor power forward situation came at the expense of Jerami Grant's role, so we shipped him off. I don't even hate the return on that deal - we ended up getting us Ilyasova short-term and eventually Maxey - but the circumstances were just so frustrating. It was understandable to feel the need to move Noel if you weren't planning to extend him, but we buried him and then traded him way too late for peanuts. Then Holmes was the most buried and we literally traded him for cash when all evidence was that he was a capable backup NBA center at minimum. Any of those three guys could have potentially served as the backup center in future seasons, arguably our biggest weakness.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Post#14 » by Mik317 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:25 pm

I hate Jerry more than Bryan or Brand.

Both of the latter two dudes simply wanted to make their mark and escape the Hinkie shadow. If they got it right, they'd be kings in the eyes of everyone...even the Hinkie acolytes lol. Bryan's ego got him got. Elton was too green.

Jerry on the other hand. Sucks balls. So him
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#15 » by Skates » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:26 pm

Let’s not forget there are two Colangelo’s to hate, but only one threw his wife under the bus for his burner accounts, then again sounds like something he learned from his old man.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#16 » by Zumramania » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:18 pm

TTP wrote:

Brand definitely made nearly all of the most crippling moves, specifically the Tobias trade, choosing Tobias over Jimmy, the Tobias contract, and the Horford contract.

Colangelo was death by a thousand cuts and just tremendous asset waste. The entire Okafor situation was a joke. We forced him minutes when it was clear he was terrible, and it was at the expense of three legitimately good players who were all buried to various degrees - Grant, Noel, and Holmes. That whole Okafor power forward situation came at the expense of Jerami Grant's role, so we shipped him off. I don't even hate the return on that deal - we ended up getting us Ilyasova short-term and eventually Maxey - but the circumstances were just so frustrating. It was understandable to feel the need to move Noel if you weren't planning to extend him, but we buried him and then traded him way too late for peanuts. Then Holmes was the most buried and we literally traded him for cash when all evidence was that he was a capable backup NBA center at minimum. Any of those three guys could have potentially served as the backup center in future seasons, arguably our biggest weakness.

But BB probably played a big part in those decisions as well, right? I mean these sound like a mix of coaching and GM decisions, even more so coaching decisions. BB could have given Holmes minutes and he could have said "no wait, we need Holmes" and so on.

Brand is more fascinating to me, I mean his moves are so bad that it is a wonder that we are still competing. He showed a complete lack of understanding of the context in which players play (e.g., Tobias, Richardson and Horford looked good in Clippers, Heat and the Celtics, but the first two were made to look good and the third one had a very specific fit to that team). I mean I get that he was green and wanted to make an impression, but he was supposedly smart and played a lot of NBA basketball? It's just baffling.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#17 » by Negrodamus » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:20 pm

Colangelo. Would you hate me if I were put into the GM role and made moves that sucked? Brand was under-qualified for the position and needed to make win now moves. I empathize with him more than anything.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#18 » by sixers hoops » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Brand was a worse GM, but Colangelo is unlikable and traded the pick that was eventually Tatum AND a future first for Fultz.

I dislike Colangelo more due to his combination of incompetence and poor personality.
DWhiteMamba
Junior

Post#19 » by DWhiteMamba » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:32 am

Certainly Brand is the latest example of how being good at playing a game with a ball doesn't translate to being good at managing a multi-billion dollar company.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#20 » by the_process » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:54 am

Collars is far more unlikable and has a far more punchable face.

That is all.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers