ImageImageImage

Tobias Harris Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,665

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#441 » by Negrodamus » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:37 pm

76ciology wrote:With CJ likely off the table..

Hornets:
Tobias Harris
Paul Reed

Lamelo
Hayward
Oubre
Tobias
Paul Reed

Sixers:
Terry Rozier
PJ Washington
Plumlee

Maxey
Rozier
Ben
PJ Washington
Embiid

Why for the Hornets:
Clears logjam at guard position and also gives them a promising center. Look at how balanced that starting 5 for the Hornets. You get 4 guys who can score with a modern Big who can do the dirty works on defense. Then have Bouknight do damage as your 6th man.

Why for the Sixers:
Issue with Tobi is his lack of reliability to jack up 3s. PJ washington gives you a 3&D PF. While you get higher quality pts generating player in Rozier than Tobi with his reliability to jack up 3s and get you 20pts.

Elephant in the room:
Rozier wants to be paid. Rozier can be what Jrue was for the Bucks, whereas if Rozier proves to be the difference maker for the Sixers he can get paid like Jrue.

At worst, Sixers gets PJ Washington who can be a long term player as a 3&D PF while getting Tobi’s salary off the books. Then sixers can just draft themselves another maxey with a first round pick to replace Rozier.

You also can possibly S&T Rozier and attach him with picks in the offseason for a bigger deal.

Terry was paid. He signed a 4 year max contractthis past week.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#442 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:With CJ likely off the table..

Hornets:
Tobias Harris
Paul Reed

Lamelo
Hayward
Oubre
Tobias
Paul Reed

Sixers:
Terry Rozier
PJ Washington
Plumlee

Maxey
Rozier
Ben
PJ Washington
Embiid

Why for the Hornets:
Clears logjam at guard position and also gives them a promising center. Look at how balanced that starting 5 for the Hornets. You get 4 guys who can score with a modern Big who can do the dirty works on defense. Then have Bouknight do damage as your 6th man.

Why for the Sixers:
Issue with Tobi is his lack of reliability to jack up 3s. PJ washington gives you a 3&D PF. While you get higher quality pts generating player in Rozier than Tobi with his reliability to jack up 3s and get you 20pts.

Elephant in the room:
Rozier wants to be paid. Rozier can be what Jrue was for the Bucks, whereas if Rozier proves to be the difference maker for the Sixers he can get paid like Jrue.

At worst, Sixers gets PJ Washington who can be a long term player as a 3&D PF while getting Tobi’s salary off the books. Then sixers can just draft themselves another maxey with a first round pick to replace Rozier.

You also can possibly S&T Rozier and attach him with picks in the offseason for a bigger deal.

Terry was paid. He signed a 4 year max contractthis past week.

Ahh.. sorry not updated been off the radar with NBA lately.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#443 » by Arsenal » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:38 pm

We need to hope the Blazers implode. Feels like the last hurrah for them to build a real contender around Lillard and CJ.

If/when they fail again, both of those guys could come available, perhaps by the deadline.

So let's see if Larry Nance Jr. can save them. I have my doubts...
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#444 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:45 pm

Arsenal wrote:We need to hope the Blazers implode. Feels like the last hurrah for them to build a real contender around Lillard and CJ.

If/when they fail again, both of those guys could come available, perhaps by the deadline.

I'm surprised at the hype Nance has generated. He's a role player. At most he adds maybe 2-3 wins? Nothing to write home about.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#445 » by stormi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:52 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Arsenal wrote:We need to hope the Blazers implode. Feels like the last hurrah for them to build a real contender around Lillard and CJ.

I'm surprised at the hype Nance has generated. He's a role player. At most he adds maybe 2-3 wins? Nothing to write home about.

We lost a championship because of our roleplayers.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#446 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 pm

Nance is a phenomenal defensive player and a really good passer for a F. The obvious knock is the reluctance to shoot. Bickerstaff got him attempting some threes, but he could stand to quicken his trigger.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#447 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:39 pm

We got plenty of powerforward depth . Tobias for a scoring guard. Guard play and shot makers win championships. Along with elite defenders Embiid, Thybulle and Simmons.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#448 » by UptownPhilly » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:52 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:We got plenty of powerforward depth . Tobias for a scoring guard. Guard play and shot makers win championships. Along with elite defenders Embiid, Thybulle and Simmons.

We’re fairly slim at PF.

Outside of Tobias, you have a bunch of unknowns. Ben should be a PF, but who knows what we’ll do there.

I’m not sure about Niang. I wouldn’t expect much from Reed.

We should definitely look into getting a rotational SF/PF.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#449 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:16 pm

stormi wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

But that's not the reason we got the #1 seed and had a shot at the ECF/Finals.

Larry Nance isn't catapulting the Blazers into contention or even HCA.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#450 » by stormi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:26 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
stormi wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

But that's not the reason we got the #1 seed and had a shot at the ECF/Finals.

Larry Nance isn't catapulting the Blazers into contention or even HCA.

Nah I meant in 2019. But yea I agree with you, the Blazers have foundational issues that Nance isn't fixing.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#451 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:42 am

Kings:
Tobias Harris
Danny Green

Sixers:
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes
Kings pick swap option (top 5 protected)

Why for the Kings:
They have a surplus of guards. Tobias can play at SF or play with either Holmes or Bagley at PF. They also got the best scorer in the deal.

Teams usually favor trades that lands them the best player in the deal.

Why for the Sixers:
They got scoring depth. Hield and Barnes are complimentary player for Ben, Biid and Maxey. Its a trade that is transitioning Maxey into a bigger role.

But who’s gonna create down the stretch. We then let Maxey take that role. Dont act like its a big deal, as if you really want to rely on Tobi down the stretch lol

Kings thinks they can make the playoffs next season, they have to pay if they can’t with the pick swap.

Kings best 5:
Davion
Fox
Haliburton
Tobias
Bagley

Sixers best 5:
Maxey
Hield or possibly Milton
Barnes
Ben
Biid

Bench:Milton&Seth (really potent scoring punch)

If we can’t get Dame, we just need to keep overloading our squad with scorers to max out Ben.

Kings pick could also get us a scorer possibly better than Tobias.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#452 » by Tomjas » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:51 pm

76ciology wrote:Kings:
Tobias Harris
Danny Green

Sixers:
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes

Why for the Kings:
They have a surplus of guards. Tobias can play at SF or play with either Holmes or Bagley at PF. They also got the best scorer in the deal.

Why for the Sixers:
They got scoring depth. Hield and Barnes are complimentary player for Ben, Biid and Maxey. Its a trade that is transitioning Maxey into a bigger role.

But who’s gonna create down the stretch. We then let Maxey take that role. Dont act like its a big deal, as if you really want to rely on Tobi down the stretch lol

Kings thinks they can make the playoffs next season, they have to pay if they can’t with the pick swap.

Kings best 5:
Davion
Fox
Haliburton
Tobias
Bagley

Sixers best 5:
Maxey
Hield or possibly Milton
Barnes
Ben
Biid

If we can’t get Dame, we just need to keep overloading our squad with scorers to max out Ben.

The Kings are the worst defensive team in the NBA with Hield arguably being the biggest offender

Swapping Green for him potentially causes us big problems at that end
76ciology
RealGM

Post#453 » by 76ciology » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:35 am

Tomjas wrote:
76ciology wrote:Kings:
Tobias Harris
Danny Green

Sixers:
Buddy Hield
Harrison Barnes

Why for the Kings:

Why for the Sixers:

Kings best 5:
Davion
Fox
Haliburton
Tobias
Bagley

Sixers best 5:
Maxey
Hield or possibly Milton
Barnes
Ben
Biid

The Kings are the worst defensive team in the NBA with Hield arguably being the biggest offender

Swapping Green for him potentially causes us big problems at that end

If Hield’s defense is an issue, then u switch him with Milton to end games.

Personally, I dont think it would be any issues for we have a much better defensive team. We were one of the best defensive teams with JJ or Seth at SG.

The realistic ideal set-up for me is both guys play with Dame and CJ type backcourt. My rationale is Seth-JJ’s chemistry with Biid and how Draymond’s chemistry is with the splash brothers.

One of the BIGGEST strengths with building around Biid and Ben is you’re allowed to put pedestrian defenders around them. The key is they should be able to make it up on offense.

I just find that after this trade, we’d still be as good on defense but we’d have more weapons on offense, better cap situation and have a better draft pick in 2022.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#454 » by 76ciology » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:49 am

Realistically, a championship caliber squad that has Ben and Embiid is similar to the Blazers and Warriors.

CJ-Dame or Splash Brothers backcourt on a diet with a frontcourt on steroid.

Its unlikely we can end up with a Dame or Steph type player without giving Biid. But I do see that there’s a good possibility we can end up with a player as good as CJ or Klay.

Could we win a championship with a CJ-Klay backcourt and a frontcourt of Ben-Biid, I think we can.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#455 » by sixers4real » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:08 am

Tobias Harris had a career year in 2020/21.

He almost did 50/40/90. He was .512/.394/.892
He had career Best TS% (.597) Win Shares(7.1), APG (3.5),
AST% (17.6), 2nd best PPG per36 (21.6).

I know he disappeared in the 4th quarter of Atlanta series, and he has to be better.

He’s an okay 3rd best player on our team. We just need to trade Simmons for a better player who can score (please let it be Fox).
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#456 » by Tomjas » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:50 am

sixers4real wrote:Tobias Harris had a career year in 2020/21.

I know he disappeared in the 4th quarter of Atlanta series, and he has to be better.

He’s an okay 3rd best player on our team. We just need to trade Simmons for a better player who can score (please let it be Fox).

Fox is a below average 3 pt shooter, passer and defender

On offence, you run into the same problem with Tobias on the team with 3 guys all wanting to get to the same spot

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=de%27aaron+fox+shot+chart

We have a dominant big man who needs to be surrounded by space not another mid range guy
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#457 » by sixers4real » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:22 am

Tomjas wrote:

On offence, you run into the same problem with Tobias on the team with 3 guys all wanting to get to the same spot

We have a dominant big man who needs to be surrounded by space not another mid range guy

So your solution is?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#458 » by Tomjas » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:08 am

sixers4real wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

So your solution is?

If rumours are to be believed, Morey has been running concurrent strategies - trading Ben for a star or a boatload of trade capital with which to acquire one

Nothing should change

If no star is available in the short term then you trade Ben for the biggest haul of trade capital
76ciology
RealGM

Post#459 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:18 am

If Ben is traded for a scorer, you try to sign some cheap 3&D wing or trade Tobi for a good 3&D wing

If Ben is traded for not a scorer, you try to sign some cheap 3&D wing, keep Tobi or try to find a better scorer for Tobi.

I wouldnt be surprised if we see Gary Clark back.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#460 » by Tomjas » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 am

Looks like Tobias is part of the furniture now

He’s a tank commander so no more playing with Doc’s dumbarse bench units as that’s a losing proposition

Return to Philadelphia 76ers