Summer league

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: Summer league 

Post#141 » by Tom White » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:49 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:Interesting Brissett not in lineup again.

Could be worse. The last time we saw Sampson was on the side of a milk carton.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#142 » by Wizop » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:57 pm

Tom White wrote:

There are players that are too good for summer league.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 710

Post#143 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:04 am

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:

There are players that are too good for summer league.

Sent from my phone.

True Wizop while he definitely looked a notch above others. He was aggressive and got to the free throw line.
I thought he struggled with his shot and especially driving to the bucket was not good and I was hoping to see him have a good game like Duarte, Jackson, and Sykes have had.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#144 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:21 am

On another note in the last game I’d like to see more of Terry Taylor. He’s been effective each game in very limited minutes. 16 minutes 4-6 with 4 rebounds and 2 assists. I get it that he’s been playing later in the game but would like to see him earlier to see if he’s even a Mad Ants consideration. In my mind he will be. From what I’ve seen as a development type player would be good.

Bone has had flashes although Sykes got up to speed and took his starting spot. I’m not sure if he will but I’d put him on Ants along with B Johnson, Brimah, and Boatwright. Wallace, Henderson, and Robinson didn’t do anything for me.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#145 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:19 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I talk about getting rid of Lamb like he’s a steaming pile of poo but he’s better than the 8th-9th man on most of the NBA rosters. I liked the free agency move to bring him in and I never thought it would not work out. I envisioned him as good as McDermott turned out for us, but injury and IMO not a great fit screwed it up.

Problem now is coming off surgery and the 10 million contract is a tougher call for teams. I’m hopeful that he can be moved, a point guard added, Stanley, Sykes, Washington retained.
Brimah to the mad ants. Also I wouldn’t be tore up if any or all of these players were Mad Ants or on two ways.

Including 2 ways, even if Lamb is swapped for a PG, there would not be room for Stanley, Sykes, and Washington, as there’s only be two 2 way spots available, unless you also waive Kelan Martin to keep one of them (I would not).

I don’t want to lose Martin. Can’t Washington be one 2 way and Stanley be the other and Sykes be a Mad Ants player ? Assuming we fill the roster with players not currently associated with us ?

Can’t guarantee that Sykes would make it to the Mad Ants. Someone could claim him for a day and waive him to get him to their team. :dontknow:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#146 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:21 am

Stanley
Duarte
Sykes
B Johnson
I Jackson

Just a Rest day for Brissett, according to the team.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#147 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:12 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Including 2 ways, even if Lamb is swapped for a PG, there would not be room for Stanley, Sykes, and Washington, as there’s only be two 2 way spots available, unless you also waive Kelan Martin to keep one of them (I would not).

I don’t want to lose Martin. Can’t Washington be one 2 way and Stanley be the other and Sykes be a Mad Ants player ? Assuming we fill the roster with players not currently associated with us ?

Can’t guarantee that Sykes would make it to the Mad Ants. Someone could claim him for a day and waive him to get him to their team. :dontknow:

Of course the wild card is we have no idea about players on other teams that the Pacers are looking at in summer league. Might be someone attainable they like more than anyone on our SL roster ? Is that likely ?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:44 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I don’t want to lose Martin. Can’t Washington be one 2 way and Stanley be the other and Sykes be a Mad Ants player ? Assuming we fill the roster with players not currently associated with us ?

Of course the wild card is we have no idea about players on other teams that the Pacers are looking at in summer league. Might be someone attainable they like more than anyone on our SL roster ? Is that likely ?

Maybe? Generally though, these guys have been scouted for a long time and the team wants to get them into their pipeline. If someone else pops elsewhere, that doesn’t necessarily mean they would also pop in Indy, or be serviceable here.

TLDR; who’s to say?!? :lol:
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#149 » by Tom White » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:58 pm

I know some of you enjoy reading Caitlin Cooper's work. So, here is her take on summer league.

https://www.indycornrows.com/2021/8/17/22625944/on-the-summer-league-pacers-and-playing-higher-in-the-gaps
Wizop
RealGM

Post#150 » by Wizop » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Here's Chad Ford's grades for our two:

Chris Duarte (13)
Grade: A
4 games, 18.3 ppg, 4 rpg, 3.8 apg, 3.3 tpg, 2.5 spg, 1.8 bpg, 48.3% from 3

Isaiah Jackson (22)
Grade: B
5 games, 9.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.6 tpg, 1 spg, 3bpg, 14.3% from 3

Duane Washington Jr. (ND)
Grade: B-
5 games, 10.4 ppg, 1 rpg, 1 apg, 1 tpg, 0.6 spg, 0 bpg 47.8% from 3

New Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle wanted a guy at No. 13 who could come in and help the Pacers right away, and the early returns from Duarte certainly point that direction. He was one of the two or three best rookies in the Summer League, and I’m especially intrigued by his defensive effort there. He’s going to get minutes on this Pacers team.

Alas, he’s 24 years old, so he was supposed to look good. He has a five-year advantage over some of the guys he played against. Still, he came out in Vegas and delivered on his promise, which is more than I can say for every older player in the Summer League (see the Wizards below [Kispert]).

Jackson also looked about as advertised. He showed off his elite rim-protection talent, ranking second among players in the Summer League in blocks per game. He also showed enough on offense to provide hope that eventually he won’t be a liability on that end. He may not be able to crack the Pacers’ rotation as a rookie, but the long-term potential is certainly there.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Quite a few Pacers mentioned throughout.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#152 » by Wizop » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:19 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Quite a few Pacers mentioned throughout.

Duarte made his first team and both Washington and Jarreau got written up individually.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:20 pm

Wizop wrote:

Duarte made his first team and both Washington and Jarreau got written up individually.

Jackson made his 3rd team, too.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#154 » by Topofthekey » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:11 pm

Wizop wrote:

Nice. Maybe Jarreau can develope into the team's 3rd PG

Return to Indiana Pacers