ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#321 » by parsnips33 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:52 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Love hasn't sniffed "great" in many years.

We all just saw Blake Griffin realistically be the 2nd best player on a team that took the Champs to 7. I'm done underestimating the motivation factor

I didn't see it, and apparently the NBA didn't really see it either since he didn't get offered a deal warranted by the 2nd best player on the most talented team in the NBA.

And I'm not sold on Griffin sniffing "great" any time soon either.

He did a hell of a lot more than he showed in Detroit. And yeah I mean if you think we're getting a great player for the minimum off a buyout I don't know what to tell you.

If you think of him as Zaza with a lot more offensive skill, I think the fit becomes much clearer

Also, largely besides the point, but who on the Nets had a better series against Milwaukee than Blake other than KD?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#322 » by xdrta+ » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:31 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
We all just saw Blake Griffin realistically be the 2nd best player on a team that took the Champs to 7. I'm done underestimating the motivation factor

I didn't see it, and apparently the NBA didn't really see it either since he didn't get offered a deal warranted by the 2nd best player on the most talented team in the NBA.

He did a hell of a lot more than he showed in Detroit. And yeah I mean if you think we're getting a great player for the minimum off a buyout I don't know what to tell you.

If you think of him as Zaza with a lot more offensive skill, I think the fit becomes much clearer

Also, largely besides the point, but who on the Nets had a better series against Milwaukee than Blake other than KD?

What does Blake have to do with Love? Different people altogether.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#323 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:57 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

His argument is that Griffin sucked then didn't suck so Love can go from sucking to not sucking too.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#324 » by xdrta+ » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:16 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

His argument is that Griffin sucked then didn't suck so Love can go from sucking to not sucking too.

Yeah, reality doesn't really work that way (as I'm sure you know.)
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#325 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:39 am

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Yes, and really what he said was that Griffin was "great" and Love would be "great" on the Warriors too. I don't think either have been "great" in years and neither ever will be again.
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#326 » by parsnips33 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Yes, and really what he said was that Griffin was "great" and Love would be "great" on the Warriors too. I don't think either have been "great" in years and neither ever will be again.

Obviously "great" is a scientific term that doesn't change depending on the context. Better not catch you calling a bench player "great", they have to meet a very specific threshold that you haven't indicated but everybody else is supposed to know. Give me a break
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#327 » by parsnips33 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:06 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

My argument is that players tend to play harder when they are on a team with winning aspirations than when they are on a bottom feeder team. Obviously it's not always the case, I just gave the example of Blake Griffin from last season. Another example from last season is Nic Batum.

You guys are being extremely pedantic, have you really never heard of an illustrative example or an analogous situation?
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#328 » by parsnips33 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:21 pm

Apparently Marc Gasol back to the Lakers is not a lock/they might be looking at Deandre Jordan if he gets bought out

Am I allowed to say Gasol would be great for the Warriors? Or somebody's gonna jump down my throat? :lol:
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#329 » by Mob Byers » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:46 pm

parsnips33 wrote:Apparently Marc Gasol back to the Lakers is not a lock/they might be looking at Deandre Jordan if he gets bought out

Am I allowed to say Gasol would be great for the Warriors? Or somebody's gonna jump down my throat? :lol:

I'd love Marc over here but I did hear a rumor about him going to Spain to finish his career
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#330 » by parsnips33 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:55 pm

Mob Byers wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:Apparently Marc Gasol back to the Lakers is not a lock/they might be looking at Deandre Jordan if he gets bought out

I'd love Marc over here but I did hear a rumor about him going to Spain to finish his career

Wouldn't be surprised at all by that. I do think it's strange it didn't work out for him in LA, all the stuff with Drummond was so weird I'm sure there's some behind the scenes explanation
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#331 » by osx28 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:46 pm

Simmons talk sprucing up again. Honestly, I want no part of him for the dubs, but could we facilitate and get something from the sixers or blazers?
At this point Simmons's value is in the tank with him planning to not show up for camp. No way Philly gets Dame or Beal, I think CJ McCollum is the best they could do.

What would it take to get us a Curry family reunion with Seth? If we send an unprotected first to portland to facilitate CJ going to Phily, would that be enough? Maybe one 1st and one 2nd?

Or on the Portland side, maybe Simons?

I know salaries make it complicated, but either of those would be very fun to watch
Brick Layer
Junior
And1: 116

Post#332 » by Brick Layer » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:07 pm

osx28 wrote:Simmons talk sprucing up again. Honestly, I want no part of him for the dubs, but could we facilitate and get something from the sixers or blazers?
At this point Simmons's value is in the tank with him planning to not show up for camp. No way Philly gets Dame or Beal, I think CJ McCollum is the best they could do.

What would it take to get us a Curry family reunion with Seth? If we send an unprotected first to portland to facilitate CJ going to Phily, would that be enough? Maybe one 1st and one 2nd?

I know salaries make it complicated, but either of those would be very fun to watch

Seth Curry has made it crystal clear he does not want to play on the same team as his brother. He wants to carve out a reputation on who he is rather than just being known as Steph's brother.
osx28
Sophomore

Post#333 » by osx28 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:18 pm

Brick Layer wrote:
osx28 wrote:Simmons talk sprucing up again. Honestly, I want no part of him for the dubs, but could we facilitate and get something from the sixers or blazers?

Seth Curry has made it crystal clear he does not want to play on the same team as his brother. He wants to carve out a reputation on who he is rather than just being known as Steph's brother.

That's a bit of a shame, he's been in the league for almost a decade, people know who he is as a player. Reputation-wise he will forever be Steph's brother and Dell's son no matter where he plays, though. Why not double down and have fun with it? to each their own I guess. :dontknow:
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#334 » by Commodor » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:26 pm

osx28 wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:

That's a bit of a shame, he's been in the league for almost a decade, people know who he is as a player. Reputation-wise he will forever be Steph's brother and Dell's son no matter where he plays, though. Why not double down and have fun with it? to each their own I guess. :dontknow:

I'd argue winning the finals as the 6ers starting PG would be a good place to start to "have fun".
osx28
Sophomore

Post#335 » by osx28 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:56 am

Commodor wrote:
osx28 wrote:
Brick Layer wrote:Seth Curry has made it crystal clear he does not want to play on the same team as his brother. He wants to carve out a reputation on who he is rather than just being known as Steph's brother.

I'd argue winning the finals as the 6ers starting PG would be a good place to start to "have fun".

No guarantee he'll start over Shake or Maxey though and they got Springer now who could be stepping on his heels as well. I don't see Seth as a starting PG for a champion, but who knows. I see your point though.
Brick Layer
Junior
And1: 116

Post#336 » by Brick Layer » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:45 am

osx28 wrote:
Commodor wrote:
osx28 wrote:

No guarantee he'll start over Shake or Maxey though and they got Springer now who could be stepping on his heels as well. I don't see Seth as a starting PG for a champion, but who knows. I see your point though.

The only guarantees in this world are death and taxes.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#337 » by shazam_guy » Wed Sep 1, 2021 10:22 pm

And bad trade suggestions.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#338 » by Ilovethebay » Thu Sep 2, 2021 3:58 am

I know most here don't want to see any of the new guys traded but in a couple of days they can be. I hope everyone here is mentally prepared to see some of their beloved draft picks dealt. Maybe not for Simmons but somebody is going to be on their way out imho. I see Wiggins and Kuminga being dealt to the highest bidder to help the core. Maybe Wiseman or Moody too. Prepare yourselves.
Not trying to antagonize, just reading the room so to speak after reading all the tea leaves. The 2 old fashions I just had may also be taking a toll. I know, I'm a light weight :lol: :lol:
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,365

Post#339 » by GSWFan1994 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 4:32 am

Ilovethebay wrote:I know most here don't want to see any of the new guys traded but in a couple of days they can be. I hope everyone here is mentally prepared to see some of their beloved draft picks dealt. Maybe not for Simmons but somebody is going to be on their way out imho. I see Wiggins and Kuminga being dealt to the highest bidder to help the core. Maybe Wiseman or Moody too. Prepare yourselves :lol:
Not trying to antagonize, just reading the room so to speak after reading all the tea leaves. The 2 old fashions I just had may also be taking a toll. I know, I'm a light weight :lol: :lol:

Denial is a river in Egypt.
TrueFan420
Senior
And1: 431

Post#340 » by TrueFan420 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:06 am

GSWFan1994 wrote:
Ilovethebay wrote:I know most here don't want to see any of the new guys traded but in a couple of days they can be. I hope everyone here is mentally prepared to see some of their beloved draft picks dealt. Maybe not for Simmons but somebody is going to be on their way out imho. I see Wiggins and Kuminga being dealt to the highest bidder to help the core. Maybe Wiseman or Moody too. Prepare yourselves :lol:

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Fixed

Return to Golden State Warriors