ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#961 » by Kanyewest » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:It's amazing how quickly RB's can lose their value. Sony Michel looked like a superstar in the making as a rookie, fell back in his 2nd year, and then tore his achilles. But he was showing he's ready for a comeback this preseason and... then gets traded to LA for a 5th and a 6th. Saquon Barkley - incredible over 2,000 yards from scrimmage in his rookie year, down to 1,441 as a sophomore, then tore his knee in year 3, and year 4... who knows? Nobody cared that he was a bad pass-blocker when he was a rookie; now people talk about it. Never use high picks on them. Get guys like Gibson and Patterson.

Michel actually looked good in preseason- of course it's preseason. The Pats seem to have a lot of decent running backs. If I were the Rams, I would have sat back and just taken one of the rbs that the Pats were going to have to cut anyways.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#962 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:23 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
Ruzious wrote:It's amazing how quickly RB's can lose their value. Sony Michel looked like a superstar in the making as a rookie, fell back in his 2nd year, and then tore his achilles. But he was showing he's ready for a comeback this preseason and... then gets traded to LA for a 5th and a 6th. Saquon Barkley - incredible over 2,000 yards from scrimmage in his rookie year, down to 1,441 as a sophomore, then tore his knee in year 3, and year 4... who knows? Nobody cared that he was a bad pass-blocker when he was a rookie; now people talk about it. Never use high picks on them. Get guys like Gibson and Patterson.

Michel actually looked good in preseason- of course it's preseason. The Pats seem to have a lot of decent running backs. If I were the Rams, I would have sat back and just taken one of the rbs that the Pats were going to have to cut anyways.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-roster-projection-53-man-sony-michel-jake-funk/

Sony Michel is battling former Terp (and, white --which in the NFL is as rare as a unicorn ) running back Jake Funk.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#963 » by Ruzious » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:03 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-roster-projection-53-man-sony-michel-jake-funk/

Sony Michel is battling former Terp (and, white --which in the NFL is as rare as a unicorn ) running back Jake Funk.

Jake Funk is a lot of fun to watch. He runs so hard, and you can tell he loves it.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 592

Post#964 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Last preseason game before the final cuts.

Who gets the roster spots, Reyes or Seals-Jones... Sims or AGG... Carter or Milne... Reaves or Everett... Apke or McTyre... Toney or Bradely-King ?

Hail to the WFT ! We really do need a name lol.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#965 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:07 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:Last preseason game before the final cuts.

Who gets the roster spots, Reyes or Seals-Jones... Sims or AGG... Carter or Milne... Reaves or Everett... Apke or McTyre... Toney or Bradely-King ?

Hail to the WFT ! We really do need a name lol.

Hard to judge anything from that game.

I’d cut Barber and try to pick up a short yardage guy who gets cut elsewhere. I’d also look to pick up a DE or middle linebacker backup from the cut pile.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#966 » by Wizardspride » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#967 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#968 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:25 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

There's some surprising cuts - but cutting Moreland... I don't get it. That can't be a purely football decision, because he's too good a player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#969 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:30 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

There's some surprising cuts - but cutting Moreland... I don't get it. That can't be a purely football decision, because he's too good a player.

I mean he's an okay football player but nothing that really pops out to me.

And he's limited in that he can only play the slot.

We have arguably more talented guys (Fuller etc) that can slide over to that position.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#970 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#971 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:47 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

We have arguably more talented guys (Fuller etc) that can slide over to that position.

I think he's got absolutely tremendous instincts and don't agree that he's got to play the slot. Moreland will most likely be starting for someone else this season. If they keep Apke over him... it's either laugh or cry - awful decision. Same thing with keeping Cam Sims over AGG - presumably because of ST's. The Skins better be great on ST's this season.

One good decision - they cut Barber.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#972 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:22 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:There's some surprising cuts - but cutting Moreland... I don't get it. That can't be a purely football decision, because he's too good a player.

Moreland will most likely be starting for someone else this season. If they keep Apke over him... it's either laugh or cry - awful decision

Read on Twitter
?s=20
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#973 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:There's some surprising cuts - but cutting Moreland... I don't get it. That can't be a purely football decision, because he's too good a player.

I think he's got absolutely tremendous instincts and don't agree that he's got to play the slot. Moreland will most likely be starting for someone else this season. If they keep Apke over him... it's either laugh or cry - awful decision. Same thing with keeping Cam Sims over AGG - presumably because of ST's. The Skins better be great on ST's this season.

One good decision - they cut Barber.

Agreed on all counts. I don't get the AGG or Moreland cuts and am pleased with the Barber cut.

Moreland is a football player, plain and simple. I thought AGG started to live up to the hype this preseason.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a cut WR, a short yardage back and a CB. Maybe even a TE.

I guess Dax will handle punt return duties (although I haven't seen that Carter has been cut yet) and Patterson will do KO returns.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#974 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#975 » by gambitx777 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:29 pm

I'm pretty surprised to see AGG get cut. That to me is pretty wild. He was a 4th rounder. I was expecting him to at least stick another year.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#976 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:29 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I was very impressed with McTyer. With Apke, I just don't remember anyone ever making the transition from safety to CB - because - generally speaking it takes more skill and speed and quickness and instincts to play CB - it's harder. It's like moving a mediocre 3rd baseman to shortstop. It doesn't make sense that a guy who's failed year after year at safety is all of a sudden be good at CB. I just assumed it was a desperation move to give him a small chance to make the team. Guys who can really play CB always have value, and I feel like giving up on Moreland is something that sets the team back needlessly from a positive situation.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#977 » by Wizardspride » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:39 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I was very impressed with McTyer. With Apke, I just don't remember anyone ever making the transition from safety to CB - because - generally speaking it takes more skill and speed and quickness and instincts to play CB - it's harder. It's like moving a mediocre 3rd baseman to shortstop. It doesn't make sense that a guy who's failed year after year at safety is all of a sudden be good at CB. I just assumed it was a desperation move to give him a small chance to make the team. Guys who can really play CB always have value, and I feel like giving up on Moreland is something that sets the team back needlessly from a positive situation.

Don't look at it as Apke vs Moreland.

It's more St Juice/Fuller vs Moreland.

Fuller's going to play in the slot when teams go three wide....allowing St Juice to line up outside.

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#978 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:53 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Don't look at it as Apke vs Moreland.

It's more St Juice/Fuller vs Moreland.

Fuller's going to play in the slot when teams go three wide....allowing St Juice to line up outside.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I suppose it was McTyer playing so well in preseason that made them think Moreland was expendable. I just don't think you ever just cut a CB as gifted as Moreland. I expect he'll be starting for someone else by the end of the season.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#979 » by TGW » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:09 pm

I don't get how Apke made the team. He's terrible.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 592

Post#980 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:43 pm

WFT 53 roster lists 4 LBers Davis, Bostic, Holcomb & Hudson.
They kept Toney over Bradley-King. When drafted there was talk by DelRio that Toney would get reps at OLB. But I don’t recall seeing it during preseason. Unless the plan is for Toney to play some LBer (& a lot of ST), I’m wondering if they grab a LB off waivers soon.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC

Return to Washington Wizards