ImageImageImage

Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly 

Post#1 » by Dnt hate » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:58 pm

This is outrageous, the NBA better let the hammer down hard on Rich Paul for this
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,077

Re: Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly 

Post#2 » by Murray_17 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:05 pm

Quoting myself

Murray_17 wrote:Let me say, i love Maxey but if this **** is real, he's a colossal idiot.

With Ben out he has the chance of his life to capitalize in his potential and be a wing for a team with a desperate need for perimeter scoring.

If he follows Ben he's not only starting from the bench as Ben's gonna force his spot as a PG, he could not even see the floor for a season or two depending on which team Ben gets traded to.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#3 » by Stanford » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:07 pm

Murray_17 wrote:Quoting myself

Murray_17 wrote:Let me say, i love Maxey but if this **** is real, he's a colossal idiot.

With Ben out he has the chance of his life to capitalize in his potential and be a wing for a team with a desperate need for perimeter scoring.

If he follows Ben he's not only starting from the bench as Ben's gonna force his spot as a PG, he could not even see the floor for a season or two depending on which team Ben gets traded to.

If the report is true, I doubt it has anything to do with the wishes of 20 year old Tyrese Maxey who seems happy just to be playing professional basketball. Rich Paul is using him as a pawn. He's big on using people.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,077

Post#4 » by Murray_17 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:12 pm

Stanford wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:Quoting myself

If the report is true, I doubt it has anything to do with the wishes of 20 year old Tyrese Maxey who seems happy just to be playing professional basketball. Rich Paul is using him as a pawn. He's big on using people.

Oh i get that, but Maxey should be looking to change agents if Paul is using him to get Ben out of Philly. That's a huge FU to the guy who is just on his second year and staring to possible a great role for himself.

This is just bad manouvering all around
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#5 » by rzzzzz » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:16 pm

All things considered, it doesn’t make much business sense for the agent to be the heart of the story. Maybe everyone needs to just take a breath here and allow things to cool off, and not react to rumors or trial balloons. Contracts still matter.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Post#6 » by Kobblehead » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:32 pm

If Maxey leaves Klutch over this nonsense, he'll become a Philadelphia folk hero overnight.
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#7 » by BigSleep333 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:57 pm

and i want rich paul out of the nba
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,612

Post#8 » by Slacktard » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:00 pm

Joshua Harris is worth $5 billion... Rich Paul has a net worth of $100m. Harris needs to grind Paul's bones into dust like he's HR Pickens.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,444

Post#9 » by Eyeamok » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Never a dull moment for Philly basketball. We have had a Simmons watch since the season was over, loved Maxey in summer league to Simmons saying he is not showing up to training camp. And there has not been one commercial break yet.

Awesome :lol:
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#10 » by the_process » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:33 am

rzzzzz wrote:All things considered, it doesn’t make much business sense for the agent to be the heart of the story. Maybe everyone needs to just take a breath here and allow things to cool off, and not react to rumors or trial balloons. Contracts still matter.

It does if you’re a petty little ****** like Rich Paul. He can brag about how he stood up to the “evil” owners for “his guys” and forced trades even with 4 years left on contracts. He’ll likely gain clients because of this.

And Maxey don’t know anything about Philly yet, he was drafted during COVID. So it’s all the same to him, he just wants to get paid for playing ball.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#11 » by syntax » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:03 am

Not a surprise. Do a player dirty and agents and other players will steer clear of your team.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#12 » by DCasey91 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:07 am

Yeah if Harris had any gonads he’d send the legal goonies on Paul and make him bankrupt over night.

Weeds need to be nipped in the bud before they destroy the concrete.

People don’t change unless it comes from within, but as this one goes it’s so obvious the angle. Maxey is 20 so he barely knows his rear end from his head lol
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by syntax » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:09 am

DCasey91 wrote:Weeds need to be nipped in the bud before they destroy the concrete.

True statement. That's why the agent wants his players out of Philly.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#14 » by DCasey91 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:13 am

syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Weeds need to be nipped in the bud before they destroy the concrete.

Yep. Owners are the most powerful people here, I mean 100 mil is nothing to them. They have to spend that and more each year just to put together an NBA team.

I don’t like Paul at all he’s a snake in the grass, Owners are the be end and end all so surely there’ll be a time when push comes to shove.

Take too many of my new shiny toys away that’s it you’re a dead man financially.
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by syntax » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:18 am

DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:

Yep. Owners are the most powerful people here, I mean 100 mil is nothing to them. They have to spend that and more each year just to put together an NBA team.

I don’t like Paul at all he’s a snake in the grass, Owners are the be end and end all so surely there’ll be a time when push comes to shove.

Take too many of my new shiny toys away that’s it you’re a dead man financially.

The owner makes much more money having a team in the playoffs and the team increasing in value, Sixers since they paired Joel and Ben are a prime example. 100mil isn't nothing to them, no one gets rich with that attitude.

Still haven't cottoned on that it's the players holding the power yet hey.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#16 » by DCasey91 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:24 am

syntax wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
syntax wrote:

The owner makes much more money having a team in the playoffs and the team increasing in value, Sixers since they paired Joel and Ben are a prime example. 100mil isn't nothing to them, no one gets rich with that attitude.

Still haven't cottoned on that it's the players holding the power yet hey.

Not so much nothing it’s the return from it, liquidity, accumulatory, return, profit/loss etc etc.
It’s marginal my man dealing with finance. The number looks big but it’s relative to 5 billion excess lol

Rich generally have a lot more than what the number is (personal experience).

But you’re right giving power to the proletariats by history is to show it ain’t going to pretty in the end.

I mean the bubble no game was a small glimpse. Owners would have rained down on the players communion there and then.

Never bite the hand that feeds you.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#17 » by the_process » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:27 am

I will not miss Ben Simmons. Should’ve traded him for Kawhi when they had the chance.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,555

Post#18 » by JimmyPlopper » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:33 am

If Rich Paul really wants to get even, its time to start digging into Josh Harris ties to Jeffrey Epstein via Leon Black.
you can't kill me - i was born dead
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#19 » by Rastas » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:50 am

Obviously something has gone down recently behind closed doors between Klutch and Philly for Rich to state he wants Maxey out of Philly also.
Either it's Morey or Ownership related.

Oh and Billionaires are smarter than wasting their time and money on going up against anything Lebron associated, better to broke a deal and keep mutual benefits flowing in the future.
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,491

Post#20 » by Hipster Doofus » Wed Sep 1, 2021 4:27 am

And I want Rich Paul out of Philadelphia.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers