ImageImageImageImage

Bally Sports Florida

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ucfmay2000
Junior
And1: 50

Bally Sports Florida 

Post#1 » by ucfmay2000 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:53 am

Do you know if Bally Sports Florida can be streamed on YouTubeTV again? If not, how I can watch it without having direcTV?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,628

Re: Bally Sports Florida 

Post#2 » by thelead » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:05 am

AT&T TV, DirecTV, and Spectrum are our only legal options if you're in central FL. It's unbelievable that they spent BILLIONS to own the rights and then limit their customer pool.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,045

Post#3 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:46 pm

Not only is it limited where you can watch it, but if you have to watch it through their website like I do (since I don't have cable) there is currently no way to watch it without first spoiling the results as you have to click on the box score (which is clearly showing the results of the game) to even watch the game.

I'm not a fan of Bally at all right now. Maybe there is a way and someone can tell me how to do it. But I'm prepared to be disappointed with them again this season.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:09 am

Can't believe more sports news aren't talking about this. Bally is playing hardball with the streaming services because they want to launch their own standalone streaming app, which won't be ready by sometime in 2022. Which for local NBA fans means potentially half the season or all of it will be missed unless you are a legacy cable subscriber. We know that legacy cable is losing subscribers rapidly...at the end of the day it's a pissing contest that the fans lose. I cut legacy cable long ago, I'm not coming back....

Also no indication yet of potential monthly cost but Sinclair paid almost $10B for Fox Sports regional networks and they took out loans for almost all of it, so it's bound to be pricey....

If your local fan base can't watch their local team then what do you have long term?

Short answer, it's not looking good.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic