Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Re: Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly 

Post#21 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 6:56 am

Nahh.. this one i dont really buy into.

Its a win-win for Klutch for Maxey to stay and Ben to be traded.

Maybe they’re trying to force the trade and leak this rumor so their intent will be concealed
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#22 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 6:57 am

And if this is true, then trade Maxey. Give me a mid first and i’ll get you someone as good or better.

Cam Thomas would have been better than this guy.

Someone as good? Immanuel Quickley.

He’s not Steph Curry. Dime a dozen. Easy to replace.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#23 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:12 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:If Rich Paul really wants to get even, its time to start digging into Josh Harris ties to Jeffrey Epstein via Leon Black.

This **** just got dark.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Post#24 » by JimmyPlopper » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:19 am

eyeatoma wrote:
JimmyPlopper wrote:If Rich Paul really wants to get even, its time to start digging into Josh Harris ties to Jeffrey Epstein via Leon Black.

This **** just got dark.

I always immediately go to the worst places. I'm sorry
Faked our deaths, lit a match
Closed the door, waited for the flash
Greyhound Station, we paid in cash
Miss Lazarus, we’re coming back
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#25 » by Wilfried » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:52 am

Thing is that, to get Dame, we probably indeed will have to give up Maxey
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#26 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:58 am

Wilfried wrote:Thing is that, to get Dame, we probably indeed will have to give up Maxey
Yes but that is the only player I'd be willing to give him up for.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#27 » by rzzzzz » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:42 am

the_process wrote:It does if you’re a petty little ****** like Rich Paul. He can brag about how he stood up to the “evil” owners for “his guys” and forced trades even with 4 years left on contracts. He’ll likely gain clients because of this.

And Maxey don’t know anything about Philly yet, he was drafted during COVID. So it’s all the same to him, he just wants to get paid for playing ball.

I’ll grant you that the pandemic has robbed Maxey the chance to really enjoy the city. BUT…the dude has got to know how much the fans love him. He’s bright enough and engaged enough to pick up on the warmest of receptions. Doc should have played him a lot more, but I don’t thing the organization has left him any doubt how much they plan to make him an integral component of the team next season (if they don’t trade him for Dame!) And they were more than accommodating to cut him loose from Summer League, after featuring him, so he could go home and do his charity work.

I think that’s what’s going to bite Rich Paul in the behind, if there’s anything to the story about notifying local Philly charities that his client is going to renege for fear of establishing any unwanted roots. That’s not being strong for his client, that’s cold and makes his client look weak. And that leaves a bad taste in the mouth of some influential league types who might otherwise turn their heads. Bad PR is Bad PR.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#28 » by the_process » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:04 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
the_process wrote:It does if you’re a petty little ****** like Rich Paul. He can brag about how he stood up to the “evil” owners for “his guys” and forced trades even with 4 years left on contracts. He’ll likely gain clients because of this.

And Maxey don’t know anything about Philly yet, he was drafted during COVID. So it’s all the same to him, he just wants to get paid for playing ball.

I’ll grant you that the pandemic has robbed Maxey the chance to really enjoy the city. BUT…the dude has got to know how much the fans love him. He’s bright enough and engaged enough to pick up on the warmest of receptions. Doc should have played him a lot more, but I don’t thing the organization has left him any doubt how much they plan to make him an integral component of the team next season (if they don’t trade him for Dame!) And they were more than accommodating to cut him loose from Summer League, after featuring him, so he could go home and do his charity work.

I think that’s what’s going to bite Rich Paul in the behind, if there’s anything to the story about notifying local Philly charities that his client is going to renege for fear of establishing any unwanted roots. That’s not being strong for his client, that’s cold and makes his client look weak. And that leaves a bad taste in the mouth of some influential league types who might otherwise turn their heads. Bad PR is Bad PR.

All PR is good PR until you're a household name.

I want Morey to publicly announce he will no longer be dealing with Klutch.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#29 » by snoopdogg88 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:19 pm

Lol Paul doesn’t really want Maxey out of Philly.

This is a scummy negotiating tactic since things are not progressing with Ben. Actually a pretty clever one. Paul is getting dirty to get what he wants.

If I’m Maxey though I’m pissed that I’m being used as a public pawn in Simmons trade talks. I’m seriously considering leaving Paul.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#30 » by Stanford » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:25 pm

Kobblehead wrote:If Maxey leaves Klutch over this nonsense, he'll become a Philadelphia folk hero overnight.

Doesn't even need to go that far. He just needs to deny it.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#31 » by Sixerscan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:58 pm

Yeah I wouldn’t get too worked up over this one.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#32 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:43 pm

I'm personally not worried about it. This is just petty brat BS on the part of Rich Paul to get what he wants. "Oh I think I want my other client Maxey out of there too...Boo Hoo, this place is toxic, poor Ben." Yeah **** that! I see what he's doing here. Acting like a whiney little prom queen that doesn't get her way. The thing that does bother me is how childish this is getting! These are supposed to be professionals! These people are beyond wealthy, they're at the top of their business chain and they are acting like brats! I've supported Ben Simmons during his time here, but he showed his true colors with all of this. Some of us already knew this about him. I for one never thought he had the personality to make it here. With a paper thin ego he just wasn't going to last.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#33 » by Murray_17 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:01 pm

76ciology wrote:And if this is true, then trade Maxey. Give me a mid first and i’ll get you someone as good or better.

He’s not Steph Curry. Dime a dozen. Easy to replace

Lol

I'm not even that high on Maxey but really?. Guards are so easy to replace we have been unable to fill a guard decent line up for 4 straight years.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#34 » by thenbaman » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:07 pm

BigSleep333 wrote:and i want rich paul out of the nba

:nod: :nod: :nod:
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#35 » by Simmons25 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:14 pm

rzzzzz wrote:All things considered, it doesn’t make much business sense for the agent to be the heart of the story. Maybe everyone needs to just take a breath here and allow things to cool off, and not react to rumors or trial balloons. Contracts still matter.

LOL contracts don't matter when a player no longer wants to even set foot in the place anymore.. he will just become cancerous. Embiid and Doc pretty much made sure Simmons never wanted to step foot back in Philly again with their comments.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#36 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:18 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
76ciology wrote:And if this is true, then trade Maxey. Give me a mid first and i’ll get you someone as good or better.

He’s not Steph Curry. Dime a dozen. Easy to replace

Lol

I'm not even that high on Maxey but really?. Guards are so easy to replace we have been unable to fill a guard decent line up for 4 straight years.

Yeah really. Easy to replace.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#37 » by Eyeamok » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:24 pm

Simmons25 wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:All things considered, it doesn’t make much business sense for the agent to be the heart of the story. Maybe everyone needs to just take a breath here and allow things to cool off, and not react to rumors or trial balloons. Contracts still matter.

LOL contracts don't matter when a player no longer wants to even set foot in the place anymore.. he will just become cancerous. Embiid and Doc pretty much made sure Simmons never wanted to step foot back in Philly again with their comments.

And that just shows you how weak Simmons is and how frustrating he must be to deal with on a day in day out basis.
Doc is a veteran he has had many highs and many lows. Simmons must have pushed him to the brink with his soft play and his being afraid to shoot and his general lack of wanting to improve. Should Doc have made that comment, probably not. But I bet he said it in practice often and I am sure it's the same frustration Bret Brown felt too.

As far as Embiid. He has consistently time after time year after year praised Simmons. Even in the Atlanta series he called him the Defensive player of the year because of his play. But all that goes out of the window if you say one negative thing about Ben. Ben comes across as a person that needs to grow up a lot.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#38 » by Murray_17 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:35 pm

76ciology wrote:

We're close to being hard capped, the idea we can replace Maxey easily on that bargain with the price for decent guards is just ridiculous.

Just for your example, Quickley is barely more efficient than Maxey while being 8% better from 3, which means he sucks when he's not taking 3s.

Maxey is 2 years younger too.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#39 » by 76ciology » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:42 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

We're close to being hard capped, the idea we can replace Maxey easily on that bargain with the price for decent guards is just ridiculous.

Check my OP. I said give me a mid first and i can replace him.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#40 » by Murray_17 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:46 pm

76ciology wrote:
Check my OP. I said give me a mid first and i can replace him.

You also said Quickley is as good and that Cam Thomas is gonna be better when their numbers in college were similar.....

Return to Philadelphia 76ers