ImageImageImage

Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Re: Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly 

Post#61 » by Skates » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:44 pm

There are so many hacks in the local and national media who are so easy for agents and team insiders to play as they try to get the scoop on something with dozens and dozens of other competitors out there. Accuracy is far from their hallmark. The only thing worse is all of the people rehashing the same story they read elsewhere with their own spin pretending they have sources.

Maxey is a huge fan favorite here who will benefit from even more playing time and opportunities when Simmons moves on. Rich Paul making that kind of move/demand would make no sense and he is already being accused by Noel for pandering to certain clients and using/ignoring others.
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#62 » by Samson » Wed Sep 1, 2021 6:23 pm

Not sure if this was known by everyone but me , but I just read on the NY Post that this freaking guy is apparently dating Adele.

LMFAO.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#63 » by Arsenal » Wed Sep 1, 2021 6:55 pm

Obviously Rich Paul / Klutch leaked the initial "Maxey wants out" report to Dumas to put additional pressure on the Sixers.

Maxey found out and got pissed because it makes ZERO sense for him to want out if Ben goes. He told Klutch to fix it.

Hence them walking it back via Dumas today.

Nevertheless, it was a shot across the bow. The pressure campaign to get Ben out of town will only ramp up from here...
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,861

Post#64 » by Stanford » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:00 pm

Arsenal wrote:Maxey found out and got pissed because it makes ZERO sense for him to want out if Ben goes.

It also makes Maxey look like an **** for cancelling community events for strictly political reasons.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#65 » by Arsenal » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:02 pm

Stanford wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Maxey found out and got pissed because it makes ZERO sense for him to want out if Ben goes.

It also makes Maxey look like an **** for cancelling community events for strictly political reasons.

Exactly. Klutch decided to make Maxey look like a villain in service of their "pressure the Sixers to get Ben out of town" agenda.

Maxey must have been pissed and told them to fix it.
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#66 » by nitocobola » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:38 pm

rich paul :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dude is finished when lebron retires
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#67 » by KramerDSP » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:37 am

Read on Twitter

Nerlens going all in on Rich Paul and his cronies.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,806

Post#68 » by Mik317 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:16 am

yeah think they realized that this wasn't the move to get sympathy and only hurt their rep. Cancelling charity events even if you want out is just a **** thing to do.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
downtownpie
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#69 » by downtownpie » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:13 am

Paul is a cancer on the NBA. He oy gets away with this because if his partner.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#70 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:38 pm

Samson wrote:I've tried to say this multiple times over the years.

First LeBron - he *really believes* he's King. He has a ton of money and "power" - and yet no appreciable education or real experience in life. He tried to drop out of HS. He is *extremely qualified* to run an NBA team's offense on the floor. He's *woefully unqualified* to be the Societal Boss of All-Bosses he tries to be.

And Rich Paul... he met LeBron in an airport, selling throwback jerseys, and suddenly him and LeBron decided that he's the pre-eminent power in the NBA. I get it, they watched Entourage and saw Vincent Chase unite with his childhood friend E to become somebodies in Hollywood. That was, like, you know, HBO... and like, you know, not even close to the real world of Big Business Basketball etc.

I went from *loving* Ben to just being disgusted by him really quick ... but this whole Rich Paul (who can't do cheddarjack shiznit in the world without LeBron behind him and backing his plays) is just doing some contemptible stuff. *ESPECIALLY* if Maxey had no part of it. If Maxey went to him and said "Get me TF out of Philly", I wouldn't *like it* , but I guess I would at least understand it. But sure looks like some backstabbing business BS to me...

And lastly, the articles say Ben wants to go to the Lakers, Warriors, or Clippers ... Yeah you know what bro? I was all about Morey's King's Ransom for him. At this point, I'd rather him go to Minnesota or OKC or Utah, wherever is the worst place ever. Have fun collecting your bazillions while Keeping Up With The Kardashians in the blizzards, broseph!

To quote a man named Captain Picard: "The Line must be drawn *here* ... this far, and NO FURTHER!!"

Rich Paul has been allowed to acrue power because GM and owners are weak kneed little bitches.

When is enough, enough? Ben has 4 years left on his deal. I don't give 2 chits if he wants to be traded or not. He is getting max money to play if he sits out fine his ass and withhold his game checks and if we decide to trade him it should be on our terms and a time of our choosing.

If Simmons doesn't like that he can go play in China.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#71 » by Simmons25 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 2:09 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Simmons25 wrote:
rzzzzz wrote:All things considered, it doesn’t make much business sense for the agent to be the heart of the story. Maybe everyone needs to just take a breath here and allow things to cool off, and not react to rumors or trial balloons. Contracts still matter.

LOL contracts don't matter when a player no longer wants to even set foot in the place anymore.. he will just become cancerous. Embiid and Doc pretty much made sure Simmons never wanted to step foot back in Philly again with their comments.

And that just shows you how weak Simmons is and how frustrating he must be to deal with on a day in day out basis.
Doc is a veteran he has had many highs and many lows. Simmons must have pushed him to the brink with his soft play and his being afraid to shoot and his general lack of wanting to improve. Should Doc have made that comment, probably not. But I bet he said it in practice often and I am sure it's the same frustration Bret Brown felt too.

As far as Embiid. He has consistently time after time year after year praised Simmons. Even in the Atlanta series he called him the Defensive player of the year because of his play. But all that goes out of the window if you say one negative thing about Ben. Ben comes across as a person that needs to grow up a lot.

I don't disagree. Ben has been babied by his family and is mentally weak. What I don't agree with is that he was pushed by Brett Brown, Doc and Embiid in practice to shoot and that they got frustrated with him in training. I reckon they just accepted that he did enough other good stuff that they gave him a pass. The only coach that ever pushed Ben was his high school coach and he said as much.

Anyway he has gone now and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#72 » by PhillyNj » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:08 pm

Rich Paul needs to be addressed in a lot of ways. I hope the NBA makes its stand!
Samson
Assistant Coach

Post#73 » by Samson » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:48 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:Rich Paul has been allowed to acrue power because GM and owners are weak kneed little bitches.

When is enough, enough? Ben has 4 years left on his deal. I don't give 2 chits if he wants to be traded or not. He is getting max money to play if he sits out fine his ass and withhold his game checks and if we decide to trade him it should be on our terms and a time of our choosing.

That's pretty much my entire point.

The owners of the NBA have already gone completely through what society is going through now ... when you cave to people in certain ways, you don't realize you're actually hurting yourself. A very good example is Rachel Nichols and Max Kellerman. Rachel Nichols is one of the nicest, seemingly professional people in the sports reporting industry, has been doing it for decades, and was *10000%* CORRECT in her complaint - Listen, if I have a freaking CONTRACT that says I get to cook the hot dogs and hamburgers in here, you can't bump me out because you want to look cool by having someone else cook the hot dogs and hamburgers - I HAVE A CONTRACT that says *I'M* the hot dog and hamburger cook. I applaud people wanting to cook hot dogs and hamburgers- so either find a different place to cook them or realize you're going to have to wait until my contract is up, and perhaps *you* get hired to be the cook... and Kellerman, it's hilarious, he's like a genius, one of the smartest people to ever discuss sports. SAS is the polar opposite- he got where he is by making friends with AI and maybe McNabb, and then screaming, yelling, and hollering when he was on TV ... and parlayed it into fame and fortune. If him and Kellerman took the Wonderlic, I'd not be surprised to see Kellerman ace it and SAS have an injunction order preventing the release of his single-digit-score.

And we're at the point now where you can demand supermax contracts , refuse to play, and demand to be traded - like AD (another LeBron protégé) , don't just demand a trade, say you won't play anywhere unless it's where you want to go, AND YOU BETTER STILL PAY ME WHILE I SIT!

The world is doomed.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#74 » by Stanford » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:47 pm

Max Kellerman may be the most annoying person talking about sports today. He was on the Lowe Post once and couldn't figure out, with all his genius, that he wasn't on whatever dumb shouty show ESPN allows him on during the day. Maybe he'd do well on the the Wonderlic, whatever the **** that is, but his self awareness and ability to read the room is about zero.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,798

Post#75 » by Negrodamus » Thu Sep 2, 2021 11:59 pm

The reason SAS has a platform is because people keep watching. People like to argue and get angry at takes. Same in politics.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#76 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Sep 3, 2021 3:16 am

Stanford wrote:Max Kellerman may be the most annoying person talking about sports today. He was on the Lowe Post once and couldn't figure out, with all his genius, that he wasn't on whatever dumb shouty show ESPN allows him on during the day. Maybe he'd do well on the the Wonderlic, whatever the **** that is, but his self awareness and ability to read the room is about zero.

Those shows appeal to the lowest level of sport fan who wants to be spoonfed takes rather then think for themselves.

But unfornately sports is just a microcosm of society people don't turn on the tv to figure out what is actually happening they want to be told they'd rather have an idiot like Stephen A yelling at them what to think about every sport and every team which is impossible for him to properly follow yet alone watch then listen to a guy like Fran Fraschilla who actually knows what he is talking about and puts the work in watching games and players.
Samson
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by Samson » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:26 am

Stanford wrote:Max Kellerman may be the most annoying person talking about sports today. He was on the Lowe Post once and couldn't figure out, with all his genius, that he wasn't on whatever dumb shouty show ESPN allows him on during the day. Maybe he'd do well on the the Wonderlic, whatever the **** that is, but his self awareness and ability to read the room is about zero.

Yeah, no, he's an Ivy League educated expert, and if you don't know what the Wonderlic is, you yourself should be instantly disqualified from having anything to do involving the moderation of a sports related forum. Literally shows you are patently uneducated on the subject.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#78 » by DCasey91 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:38 am

I’m open to trading Maxey for an overall better version right now Sexton.

Key difference is Sexton can shoot and been a better shooter, Maxey has potential to be good shooter and a better defender but that’s all that is, potential.

I like Maxey but essentially it’s a swap to solve the backcourt scoring issues.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#79 » by Stanford » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:21 am

LOL I did my master's thesis on sports related forum moderation at Canada's most ivy league school. And I got a very good grade.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,738

Post#80 » by phillynative » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:51 am

Samson wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:Rich Paul has been allowed to acrue power because GM and owners are weak kneed little bitches.

That's pretty much my entire point.

The owners of the NBA have already gone completely through what society is going through now ... when you cave to people in certain ways, you don't realize you're actually hurting yourself. A very good example is Rachel Nichols and Max Kellerman. Rachel Nichols is one of the nicest, seemingly professional people in the sports reporting industry, has been doing it for decades, and was *10000%* CORRECT in her complaint - Listen, if I have a freaking CONTRACT that says I get to cook the hot dogs and hamburgers in here, you can't bump me out because you want to look cool by having someone else cook the hot dogs and hamburgers - I HAVE A CONTRACT that says *I'M* the hot dog and hamburger cook. I applaud people wanting to cook hot dogs and hamburgers- so either find a different place to cook them or realize you're going to have to wait until my contract is up, and perhaps *you* get hired to be the cook... and Kellerman, it's hilarious, he's like a genius, one of the smartest people to ever discuss sports. SAS is the polar opposite- he got where he is by making friends with AI and maybe McNabb, and then screaming, yelling, and hollering when he was on TV ... and parlayed it into fame and fortune. If him and Kellerman took the Wonderlic, I'd not be surprised to see Kellerman ace it and SAS have an injunction order preventing the release of his single-digit-score.

And we're at the point now where you can demand supermax contracts , refuse to play, and demand to be traded - like AD (another LeBron protégé) , don't just demand a trade, say you won't play anywhere unless it's where you want to go, AND YOU BETTER STILL PAY ME WHILE I SIT!

The world is doomed.

The only concerns the owners have is making top dollar. They and these big corporations could care less about what is being perceived (caving in) as long as it doesn't hurt their brand and their accounts.

Part of the reason the world is doomed is because of Greed. The world is changing but that never has.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers