ImageImageImageImageImage

Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,575

Re: Former Raptor discussion thread 2.0 

Post#1061 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:42 am

Caboclo signs with a big 3 team. How can you hide playing 3v3.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,109

Post#1062 » by Chandan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:14 am

Rust_Cohle wrote:Kawhi Leonard is beyond incredible, just wtf

He's also beyond fragile at this point. I dont know if i could handle the stress.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#1063 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:54 pm

Ska needs to make a comeback.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#1064 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jul 6, 2021 4:46 pm

One of my favorite players to root for, bring him home

In Raptor Ball I Trust
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,088

Post#1065 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Jul 6, 2021 10:57 pm

A story on PJ in the Athletic today:
While he was watching Paul find success in Phoenix and Harden join a super team in Brooklyn, Tucker was marooned in Houston with one of the league’s worst teams.

“I was low,” Tucker said. “It was low. I did not enjoy that. I gave up so much. Like players put that together, guys getting together, talking, and I left a great situation I was in Toronto, other situations I had, other deals, other offers. I left a lot on the table to be a part of that, so in the end, to be last and be there, to have to deal with what I dealt with them leaving as well, that was, I don’t know if it was the lowest (point in my career), but it was low. It wasn’t good.”
goattted
Freshman
And1: 80

Post#1066 » by goattted » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:07 pm

Any Escape from Tarkov players (pc game)? Terrence Ross is playing it and inviting anyone to play with him.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,109

Post#1067 » by Chandan » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:08 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31908321/nba-draft-2021-key-facts-gonzaga-great-magic-pick-jalen-suggs

lols of good information about Suggs for those who have already accepted him into the raptors family. All suggs related content should be moved here as well. I havnt seen anyone so loved since Kawhi Leonard.
newsletter
Junior
And1: 421

Post#1068 » by newsletter » Fri Aug 6, 2021 10:48 pm

goattted wrote:Any Escape from Tarkov players (pc game)? Terrence Ross is playing it and inviting anyone to play with him.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yes I played for about 4 wipes. Haven't played most recent, preoccupied with other stuff and it's just too time consuming and daunting to turn on at the moment. Incredible game, waiting for Streets of Tarkov map to release next year.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#1069 » by mtcan » Fri Sep 3, 2021 12:48 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:

As Leo would say...that's a 7 footer right there (wingspan that is)...
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Post#1070 » by KrazyP » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:10 pm

mtcan wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

25 yr old athletic international player with giant wingspan and the ability to shoot the 3. If he didnt have a history here, Ujiri would've signed him already. Who disagrees?
mtcan
RealGM

Post#1071 » by mtcan » Fri Sep 3, 2021 2:14 pm

KrazyP wrote:
mtcan wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

25 yr old athletic international player with giant wingspan and the ability to shoot the 3. If he didnt have a history here, Ujiri would've signed him already. Who disagrees?

You just described Ishmael Wainright.

The issue with Bruno is basketball IQ and drive to get better. He clearly has the physical tools...but the problem for him and even Bebe Nogueira is all mental.
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#1072 » by Rodrickle » Fri Sep 3, 2021 3:12 pm

mtcan wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
mtcan wrote:As Leo would say...that's a 7 footer right there (wingspan that is)...

The issue with Bruno is basketball IQ and drive to get better. He clearly has the physical tools...but the problem for him and even Bebe Nogueira is all mental.
Is he lazy though? I never read any reports about that. You're right about his bb iq though. He does look much stronger now though. I think he has a chance to get back in the NBA in a year or two in a bench big role.

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
mtcan
RealGM

Post#1073 » by mtcan » Fri Sep 3, 2021 3:23 pm

Rodrickle wrote:
mtcan wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

Is he lazy though? I never read any reports about that. You're right about his bb iq though. He does look much stronger now though. I think he has a chance to get back in the NBA in a year or two in a bench big role.

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app

I don't know if he's lazy but his game hasn't really grown much in 7 years...so whether you think it is because he lacks bball IQ or is lazy...it is what it is.

I don't think he's coming back to North America. He is probably better suited in Brazil or Europe and that's fine. I just don't think he belongs in the NBA.

Bebe has had depression, confidence issues and self doubt along with reports he had a drinking problem/partying problem. Other than those issues he might have been a decent big man...
Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Post#1074 » by Gavin_TDThree » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:32 am

CB4 hall of fame speech was pretty solid. Pretty cool to see Lebron and Wade out there supporting him

Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Post#1075 » by Gavin_TDThree » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:10 pm

I wish we could have built a better team around CB4

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#1076 » by ItsDanger » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:57 pm

Streetball legend Rafer. Was tough to watch this guy play.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#1077 » by Dalek » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Read on Twitter

I am glad Paul Watson Jr. landed another NBA shot. OKC will likely give him minutes which likely allows him to showcase his skill. I would not be surprised him getting a quick 3 year deal once they see him on court. The guy has talent to be a rotation player.

Like Oshae, I am not sure why Toronto gave up on him. The guy is athletic, good size and can score from three levels. Not a bad defender either - but I guess they wanted to go with Ish Wainright.

Interestingly, Wainright is a few months older than Waston. Curious why they opted for a guy with less NBA experience. Must be the Africa basketball connection that swayed their decision.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,159

Post#1078 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Dalek wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am glad Paul Watson Jr. landed another NBA shot. OKC will likely give him minutes which likely allows him to showcase his skill. I would not be surprised him getting a quick 3 year deal once they see him on court. The guy has talent to be a rotation player.

Like Oshae, I am not sure why Toronto gave up on him. The guy is athletic, good size and can score from three levels. Not a bad defender either - but I guess they wanted to go with Ish Wainright.

Interestingly, Wainright is a few months older than Waston. Curious why they opted for a guy with less NBA experience. Must be the Africa basketball connection that swayed their decision.

consistency, culture fit are probably some of the items that probably swayed them. Watson and Oshae had their time here. It is what it is.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,088

Post#1079 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:15 pm

ItsDanger wrote:

Streetball legend Rafer. Was tough to watch this guy play.

Getting Mike James for Rafer was considered quite the coup for Babcock. And made for an interesting/fun season which also resulted in getting the first overall pick. Double win - until the pick was made.

I guess Sam didn't like guys (like Jalen Rose or Alston) who didn't play defence. Neither does Nurse. But Nurse calls out such guys in public.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#1080 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Dalek wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wainwright looks better than PWJ in my books

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors