ImageImageImage

Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Re: Rich Paul wants Maxey out of Philly 

Post#81 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 3, 2021 4:31 pm

Stanford wrote:LOL I did my master's thesis on sports related forum moderation at Canada's most ivy league school. And I got a very good grade.

I’ve always respected you because I thought you’re from Stanford.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#82 » by Samson » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:53 pm

phillynative wrote:The only concerns the owners have is making top dollar. They and these big corporations could care less about what is being perceived (caving in) as long as it doesn't hurt their brand and their accounts.

Part of the reason the world is doomed is because of Greed. The world is changing but that never has.

While I would agree with the greed part and agree making top dollar is very important - what we've seen recently - and it has been going on for some time but was accelerated to warp speed under the previous presidential administration (not by him, as an effort against him, and in an effort for societal change) and now is just literally going on so fast it's day by day insanity - the companies are *much more concerned* with what I will just call "Social Justice" here (for brevity's sake and lack of a better term at the moment.)

Companies are now ranked on "ESG Scores" - Environmental, Social and Corporate governance & "CSR Ratings": - Corporate Social Responsibility - and it's become * a really big deal* ... People will have to do their own research on this because I am very wary of getting into it - it's one thing for me to rag on the basketball 'business' and certain players and related businessmen I disagree with here... it's a Bridge Too Far for me to get into other "social justice" issues because 1- I really don't want to offend people for no reason, 2- I don't want to argue, I am too old to argue , and 3- It's a very deep Pandora's Box. There is a good clip on Joe Rogan where someone explains how these things work (in a nutshell) and how for example, a person made from of "gay people" and the Internet was instantly attempting to 'cancel' him and demanding all businesses divest of him, no one could let him play his comedy shows, etc. Except he's openly gay. But people in power are so concerned with the ESG/CSR scores & ratings, they play along - and I would agree, because of money. The NBA obviously is all on board with this ... they went from having a NO THUGS!!! policy with dress codes and crackin-the-whip punishment to perhaps the leader of Sports Social Justice across the world and when someone DARED criticized China - perhaps the dictionary definition of State-Sponsored-Terrorism-Against-Your-Own-People, (our GM, BTW...) it was just unacceptable! Mark Cuban told Senators to STFU, it's his business his money you STFU you! Woj told a Senator "FU" - how DARE you put his business and money and reputation on blast (quite accurately!) ... But that top dollar today is being driven by a *whole different* set of circumstances than it was in the good old robber-baron days.

I will finish is - the relevance to the current topic is - the NBA and the 76ers will be much more likely to accommodate Simmon's ridiculous baby-tantrum and Rich Paul's patent Bull motherfreaking Shiznit because Good Lord Almighty forbid they look unwoke! ESG Scores down, CSR Ratings down, that means less money on the next TV contract and concession deal for the stadium and Reebok & Nike might get mad about sneakers not selling for $300 fast enough, etc.

Enough , rant over, I know it's nobody here's fault. It's just getting more ridiculous ever day.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,847

Post#83 » by mjkvol » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:02 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Stanford wrote:Max Kellerman may be the most annoying person talking about sports today. He was on the Lowe Post once and couldn't figure out, with all his genius, that he wasn't on whatever dumb shouty show ESPN allows him on during the day. Maybe he'd do well on the the Wonderlic, whatever the **** that is, but his self awareness and ability to read the room is about zero.

Those shows appeal to the lowest level of sport fan who wants to be spoonfed takes rather then think for themselves.

But unfornately sports is just a microcosm of society people don't turn on the tv to figure out what is actually happening they want to be told
they'd rather have an idiot like Stephen A yelling at them what to think about every sport and every team which is impossible for him to properly follow yet alone watch then listen to a guy like Fran Fraschilla who actually knows what he is talking about and puts the work in watching games and players.

Never fails to blow my mind that any thinking person would be able to watch cable news or sports talk shows. I quit talk radio, TV talk sports, and TV news about 15 years ago, and have never felt better informed. Find the news and make up your own mind how and what to think instead of letting a group of ratings whores, most of whom know less than you if you pay attention, do it for you.

The idea that Steven A Smith, Max Kellerman, or Mike Missanelli knows any more about sports than the average fan who keeps up is nothing short of laughable. And it's even more embarrassing when they attempt to talk politics.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,811

Post#84 » by Stanford » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:11 pm

76ciology wrote:

Too bad. I've always tried to portray myself as dumb to avoid that.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,646

Post#85 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:52 am

76ciology wrote:
Stanford wrote:LOL I did my master's thesis on sports related forum moderation at Canada's most ivy league school. And I got a very good grade.

But I’m sure he’s joking about this one haha
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#86 » by Sixersftw » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:30 pm

This thread took a real weird turn or two.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#87 » by sixers hoops » Sat Sep 4, 2021 9:34 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I think 76ciology was joking too lol
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,646

Post#88 » by LordCovington33 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:56 am

sixers hoops wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I think 76ciology was joking too lol

One can hope haha
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#89 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:47 am

Better to leave whether im joking as a mystery just so there would be a fog of ambiguity with all my posts.

I learned that from Michael Scott of Dunder Mifflin.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#90 » by Sixerscan » Mon Sep 6, 2021 12:32 pm

KramerDSP wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nerlens going all in on Rich Paul and his cronies.

Embiid liked this btw.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#91 » by sixers hoops » Mon Sep 6, 2021 3:18 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
KramerDSP wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nerlens going all in on Rich Paul and his cronies.

Embiid liked this btw.

Love Embiid lol
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#92 » by Cru Thik » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:39 pm

Read on Twitter
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#93 » by Sixersftw » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Cru Thik wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rich Paul punching air rn
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably

Return to Philadelphia 76ers