The LeBron Thread 2021 Off-Season Edition

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,642

Re: The LeBron Thread 2021 Off-Season Edition 

Post#1841 » by nzahir » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:07 am

Greyhound wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:Rondo isn’t going to play much when it matters. I’d be shocked if he did.

They need a Jared Dudley-type. Rondo fits that well for the stars on this team, including Russ.

Pencil Rondo in for 16 to 20 minutes a night (in the 40 or so games he is healthy to play). He is a sacred cow, and Vogel will play him.

Take that to the bank.

Nunn DNP-Apprenticeship program incoming.

*Hopefully, I am wrong.*

I bagged on Rondo as much as the next guy, but I will not do that this go around. Playoff Rondo is a made man as far as I’m concerned.

Welcome back Doe.

Nunn is arguably our 4th best player...

He better get solid minutes

I worry about our shooting a bit, obviously not as much as last year, but I could usually count on the defense to bail us out

We have some pretty solid shooters in Wayne, Monk, Melo, and Nunn

But the 1st 3 guys may not even be really playable come playoff time

Monk is probably the best bet here though to not be awful on defense, but I do see Melo getting minutes as well

Ariza is avg at best rn

Bazemore is a very solid wide open shooter and a really poor contested shooter

Lebron is a good shooter, but inconsistent

The bubble AD was likely an outlier

THT is a mystery. If the shot isn't there, its a really weird fit. Would move for a 3 and d guy if possible

Hoping Gasol stays

Russ, Baze, Bron, AD, Gasol
Nunn, Monk, THT/Ariza/Melo, Dwight

Rondo, Wayne

If AD really starts at the 5:

Russ, Monk/Nunn, Ariza/Baze, Bron, AD

Nunn/Monk, THT, Ariza/Bazemore, Melo, Dwight/Gasol

I really don't want to see any Rondo if we are fully healthy
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,222

Post#1842 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:13 pm

Greyhound wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:Rondo isn’t going to play much when it matters. I’d be shocked if he did.

They need a Jared Dudley-type. Rondo fits that well for the stars on this team, including Russ.

Pencil Rondo in for 16 to 20 minutes a night (in the 40 or so games he is healthy to play). He is a sacred cow, and Vogel will play him.

Take that to the bank.

Nunn DNP-Apprenticeship program incoming.

*Hopefully, I am wrong.*

I bagged on Rondo as much as the next guy, but I will not do that this go around. Playoff Rondo is a made man as far as I’m concerned.

Welcome back Doe.

He'll take Russ and LeBron's minutes with Nunn playing more of a 2-guard role, especially since it seems that the Lakers will run a lot of three-guard lineups, but I doubt they'll play him a ton in the RS at least. More in the playoffs if anything.
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,531

Post#1843 » by Greatness » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:30 am

At least there's that
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,794

Post#1844 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Sep 1, 2021 8:04 am

donnieme wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
donnieme wrote:3-1? Nah I meant roleplayer swaps, buyout acquisitions, minor trades. Also let's get real if a good player wanted to join LA they'll get him if they're willing to put up the salary. Been constantly taken aback with how easy Lebron has had it getting these names to sign up since joining.

Playing in Cleveland really was playing on Extreme difficulty. Signings like Nunn and Monk would have needed 12-15m to consider. The rest would have needed to be traded for at a significant sum. Just a few weeks ago it looked like a "nowhere to go" situation with only minor trades possible and Schroder having their nuts in a vice grip.

Don't have salaries to do roleplayer swaps. Trading one minimum player for another most likely won't change anything. And buyouts almost never work

I thought Aldridge and Blake were great buyouts for the Nets. Anyway I don't understand what's being said here, are you taking issue with the part about saying Lakers may still be able to improve the roster midseason? That's like the weirdest thing to dispute over. They got Morris as a buyout player and he was just what the doctor ordered in the Rockets series. Every team can improve midseason, it's not even specific to them.

I mean they did nothing in the past two years(sans Morris) despite being more flexible
:reporter:
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,794

Post#1845 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Sep 1, 2021 8:06 am

I'm not even sure that Westbrook is any better than Playoff Rondo, so it's not a bad deal for the minimum
:reporter:
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,165

Post#1846 » by donnieme » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:24 pm

had been looking for this since the season ended. Per Wiretap AD and Schroder only connected on one lob all season. This is amazingly horrible when you consider what a cheatcode AD is trailing or rolling to the rim. Wow. No wonder they're signing every pointguard on the market.

Worst part is Schroder is a good player, he just shot himself asking to be the starting facilitator. Passing and vision aren't his talent. Never saw a guard fling so many passes through his own rollman's legs.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,801

Post#1847 » by Homer38 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 5:48 pm

donnieme wrote:had been looking for this since the season ended. Per Wiretap AD and Schroder only connected on one lob all season. This is amazingly horrible when you consider what a cheatcode AD is trailing or rolling to the rim. Wow. No wonder they're signing every pointguard on the market.

Worst part is Schroder is a good player, he just shot himself asking to be the starting facilitator. Passing and vision aren't his talent. Never saw a guard fling so many passes through his own rollman's legs.

And it was not the only problem

Read on Twitter
Greatness
RealGM

Post#1848 » by Greatness » Thu Sep 2, 2021 3:51 pm

So the Nets just got Millsap and Aldridge
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,647

Post#1849 » by GSP » Fri Sep 3, 2021 7:17 am

Greatness wrote:So the Nets just got Millsap and Aldridge

Blake, Millsap and Aldridge lol

Who's next Kevin love and Al Jefferson?
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,222

Post#1850 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Sep 3, 2021 6:14 pm

This has absolutely no place here, but I really didn't wanna create a new thread for it and this thread is great for camaraderie too I find. I thought this was really great.

donnieme
Head Coach

Post#1851 » by donnieme » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:02 pm

Lakers are interested in Jordan? Jordan isn't like Dwight who makes up for it with defense and movement IQ at the dunker's spot. The dude is the definition of a stupid player. Sometimes forgets his own athleticism fried.

Swear I saw him mistiming his jumps on lob catches. Wasn't able to forge that type of connection Harden had with Capela and not for a lack of trying on Harden's part. He just never learnt how to be useful without his athleticism. Westbrook and Lebron won't be enough to save him. Unless the idea is for a Drummond replacement who can botch the timing on anything related to the dunker's spot.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,908

Post#1852 » by thebigbird » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:07 pm

Pelinka is so bad. Dude thinks it’s 2014 or something. Half of Brooklyn was injured in the playoffs and Jordan still saw literally zero postseason minutes.
Greatness
RealGM

Post#1853 » by Greatness » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:08 pm

Hopefully he doesn't play a second
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,986

Post#1854 » by falcolombardi » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:09 pm

cannot wait for davis to get injured, lakers lose in second round and the memes about lebron losing with "8 all stars" to come
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#1855 » by MisterHibachi » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:23 pm

Feels like a surety that Gasol won't be back, and will likely retire.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,772

Post#1856 » by Fadeaway_J » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:27 pm

thebigbird wrote:Pelinka is so bad. Dude thinks it’s 2014 or something. Half of Brooklyn was injured in the playoffs and Jordan still saw literally zero postseason minutes.

Rob will have the last laugh once the time machine is completed

donnieme
Head Coach

Post#1857 » by donnieme » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:30 pm

thebigbird wrote:Pelinka is so bad. Dude thinks it’s 2014 or something. Half of Brooklyn was injured in the playoffs and Jordan still saw literally zero postseason minutes.

Yep, announcement to all contenders; 7 DNPs in 7 games where 2 stars were injured and the starting center was retired. He gave KD less help than Schroder and Drummond gave against Phoenix. Was glad he left the Nets so I wouldn't have to see that stupid face on any of the league's top contenders.

He'd want minutes Lakers probably can't give so I don't think it happens but for the fact that it was considered whoever is making the moves needs to take a step back and remember functionality is important and players like this don't help that cause. It's the reason he was picking up those DNPs.

edit wow he got signed. Bruh I thought we were just talking rumours and they wouldn't actually fall for it in the end.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#1858 » by Dupp » Fri Sep 3, 2021 11:41 pm

Lakers roster is gross.
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

The LeBron Thread 2021 Off-Season Edition 

Post#1859 » by Greyhound » Sat Sep 4, 2021 12:16 am

MisterHibachi wrote:Feels like a surety that Gasol won't be back, and will likely retire.

Even if he does not play/report, the Lakers need to hold onto his rights. This will ensure he does not latch onto a contender.

The options need to be:

- come play for the Lakers.
- bake cakes in retirement home.
- knit sweaters in Barcelona.
Don't believe the hype...
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#1860 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:16 am

thebigbird wrote:Pelinka is so bad.

I think Pelinka is the best GM in the league TBH.

If you think he's bad... I hope the Lakers part ways with him so he can join the Mavs instead and rescue Luka from Mark Cuban and his current FO. He'll knock it out of the park being able to build a team around Luka with no interference/demands from LeKlutch.

Return to Player Comparisons