ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#341 » by Coxy » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:36 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:I know most here don't want to see any of the new guys traded but in a couple of days they can be. I hope everyone here is mentally prepared to see some of their beloved draft picks dealt. Maybe not for Simmons but somebody is going to be on their way out imho. I see Wiggins and Kuminga being dealt to the highest bidder to help the core. Maybe Wiseman or Moody too. Prepare yourselves.
Not trying to antagonize, just reading the room so to speak after reading all the tea leaves. The 2 old fashions I just had may also be taking a toll. I know, I'm a light weight :lol: :lol:

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#342 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 3, 2021 10:53 pm

Ilovethebay wrote:I know most here don't want to see any of the new guys traded but in a couple of days they can be. I hope everyone here is mentally prepared to see some of their beloved draft picks dealt. Maybe not for Simmons but somebody is going to be on their way out imho. I see Wiggins and Kuminga being dealt to the highest bidder to help the core. Maybe Wiseman or Moody too. Prepare yourselves.
Not trying to antagonize, just reading the room so to speak after reading all the tea leaves. The 2 old fashions I just had may also be taking a toll. I know, I'm a light weight :lol: :lol:

This is not how it will go, or it would have been done already.

Making any mandatory moves with a pre-determined purpose would be dumb, and if that were the way we were operating, that deal would be done by now. Because if that were the strategy, you'd at least want an offseason with this nameless acquisition to gel with the current team. Otherwise, you make trades for players that fit, and you hold your assets until that moment comes. With Siakam being on the block and little interest, and Simmons being on the block with little interest, that seems to be the plan more so than just 'dealing to the highest bidder' which is reductive at best but extremely damaging at worst

Just make smart moves. Its that simple. Don't swim against the current and just go with whatever the best realistic move is.. if thats keeping the young players, then keep them. If that's dealing them for a good fitting vet player, do that. But keeping them at all costs or selling them to the highest bidder makes no sense whatsoever
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#343 » by HiRez » Sat Sep 4, 2021 9:51 pm

There was an article today claiming Lacob is adamantly opposed to trading Wiseman or Kuminga (Moody and Poole not specifically mentioned by Lacob but the thinking is they’re also part of the “do not trade” group).

Lacob is trying to have it both ways: win now and set up for post-Steph. Risky but a big pay off it it works. I don’t think it’s impossible though. If Klay comes back strong and 1 or 2 of our young guys can play a little bit we’re contenders. Dark horse contenders for sure but right up there. Would take a little luck to win it all but isn’t that always the case?
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,578

Post#344 » by parsnips33 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 4:46 pm

Even if the Warriors were desperate to trade Wiseman and Kuminga, they would want to play it cool and keep their leverage. Nobody wants to be the guy everyone thinks is desperate for a deal.

Claims from executives or local reporters about Warriors not wanting to trade anybody aren't convincing to me
Johnny355
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#345 » by Johnny355 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:42 pm

Warriors in: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris

76ers in: CJ McCollum, Andrew Wiggins

Trailblazers in: Draymond Green

Thoughts?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#346 » by and1GS » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:59 pm

No way in hell **** that.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#347 » by hamncheese » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:14 pm

Portland would probably just rather swap CJ and Simmons straight up.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Johnny355
Ballboy

Post#348 » by Johnny355 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:14 pm

hamncheese wrote:Portland would probably just rather swap CJ and Simmons straight up.

Maybe but Liliard has allegedly wanted to play w/ Draymond for awhile. This gives the Warriors shooting at 1,2 and 4 offsetting Simmons and it is more balanced with ball handling and shooting than it would be as currently constituted. Add in Wiseman at 5 with Porter Jr, Belli, Poole and Iggy off the bench and “we be championship”.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#349 » by and1GS » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:40 pm

I think that trade makes everyone worse except maybe Philly. Draymond in a vacuum is not a dominant force. Draymond as part of the warriors can be dominant.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#350 » by Commodor » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:56 am

Johnny355 wrote:Warriors in: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris

Thoughts?

Yeah no interest here.

This makes GSW's roster unbalanced (SF & PF for PFx2), reduces spacing, adds money to the salary cap (+$10m), prolongs a bad contract (Tobias 3yr v Wiggins 2) and loses the team heart/soul/intensity/leadership.

What's the pros again?
Arlo
Junior
And1: 193

Post#351 » by Arlo » Wed Sep 8, 2021 11:16 am

Thoughts?

Yeah this sucks.

If it's Simmons plus it needs to be Thybulle. Damn we'd nail some teams to the wall.
his_airness
Ballboy

Post#352 » by his_airness » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:31 am

Thoughts?

No way from the Dubs and 6ers. You may as well be a Blazers fan.
his_airness
Ballboy

Post#353 » by his_airness » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:24 am

You gotta think twice and then some about trading any of the Big 3.

Fact: The Warriors have never lost a playoff series where all 3 of them started every game (16-0)

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,182

Post#354 » by EvanZ » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:45 pm

Warriors get Myles Turner

Pacers get Simmons and Wiseman

Philly gets Brogdon and Kuminga

(works in Trade Machine)
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,106

Post#355 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:58 pm

Wiseman + Kuminga for MYLES TURNER?

What else do you want, a caramel capucchino and a 4 cheese croissant?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#356 » by Coxy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 pm

EvanZ wrote:Warriors get Myles Turner and Thybulle

Pacers get Simmons and Wiseman

Philly gets Brogdon, Kuminga, Mulder, rights to Mannion. GS 2nd

(works in Trade Machine)

Still not sure I do it, but closer for me.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#357 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:25 pm

HiRez wrote:There was an article today claiming Lacob is adamantly opposed to trading Wiseman or Kuminga (Moody and Poole not specifically mentioned by Lacob but the thinking is they’re also part of the “do not trade” group).

Lacob is trying to have it both ways: win now and set up for post-Steph. Risky but a big pay off it it works. I don’t think it’s impossible though. If Klay comes back strong and 1 or 2 of our young guys can play a little bit we’re contenders. Dark horse contenders for sure but right up there. Would take a little luck to win it all but isn’t that always the case?

Its the best strategy to take with aging superstars -- develop young guys at the same time. Warriors switched up the staff to send a message too -- we NEED to develop the youth. We need one of the young guys to take the leap. Wiseman, Kuminga need to reach rising all-star in the next few years and Poole, Moody, we would like to become solid role players.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#358 » by azwfan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:05 am

cdubbz wrote:
HiRez wrote:There was an article today claiming Lacob is adamantly opposed to trading Wiseman or Kuminga (Moody and Poole not specifically mentioned by Lacob but the thinking is they’re also part of the “do not trade” group).

Its the best strategy to take with aging superstars -- develop young guys at the same time. Warriors switched up the staff to send a message too -- we NEED to develop the youth. We need one of the young guys to take the leap. Wiseman, Kuminga need to reach rising all-star in the next few years and Poole, Moody, we would like to become solid role players.

It also makes the most sense given that they don't know what they have in Klay yet.
At the allstar break, if we look like we're a contender and a rotation piece from the favorite, I'll be advocating for dealing for some of the youth. But right now, it doesn't make any sense.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#359 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:36 pm

cdubbz wrote:

We have our stars, we just need competent play from the kids... thats literally it. We were a playoff team last year with Wiseman being terrible and Oubre dragging down splits. Wiseman now has a more complete offseason, and we've replaced Oubre, Wanamaker, Bazemore, Nico and Paschall with OPJ, Bjelica, Moody, Kuminga, and Iguodala.. that's 5 depth upgrades. Check this out:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2021.html

Our top 7 BPM players are returning: Curry, Dray, JTA, Lee, Poole, Wiggins, Looney (8 if you count Payton). The only player below them that we are for sure bringing back is Wiseman - Mulder is an unlikely case but cant be ruled entirely out. Point being - we really don't need that much. We just need better than awful, and that considering the mix of vet/youth we brought in, I think we're in a great place - and that's throwing long-term potential out the window. IF one of Wiseman/Moody/Poole/Kuminga becomes a star, great. But competent, net-neutral minutes should be more than enough, especially if Klay comes back at even 80% of what he was.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#360 » by cdubbz » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:38 am

I would do Draymond for Simmons now. Especially if Simmons is forcing it.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors