Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,810

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#1121 » by Dresden » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:42 pm

suursahuri wrote:Millsap signed with the Nets. :(

And word is that LMA has been cleared to play again, and the Nets are the leaders to sign him. One thing I like about the rise of the Nets is that for every star that signs up to be part of that super team, that's one less star going to play with Lebron and the LAL.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,810

Post#1122 » by Dresden » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:43 pm

It's got to frost Lebron just a little bit to feel like he's not the main attraction in the nba anymore.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#1123 » by cool007 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 10:05 pm

I really hope Aldridge signs with the Nets and I rather see Nets winning the title than the Lakers.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#1124 » by MGB8 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:33 am

The Simmons drama now seems the last piece to be resolved. Dame just liked a pick oh him and Simmons together in PDX unis, but having sent a first to us for the Nance trade, I don’t see how they have the assets to send on top of, say, CJ and Little.

Minny for D-Lo and picks would make sense - but would KAT be ok?

Other than that…. Hard to see deals that make sense for both teams
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#1125 » by erlim » Fri Sep 3, 2021 9:03 am

Stacey King and Mark Schanowski host an cool little podcast called 'Gimmie the Hotsauce' :lol: and their newest episode has John Paxson as the guest. It's weird to hear this nostalgic Paxson get drawn into a much much more candid and friendly conversation reminiscing about his playing days, but also giving some insight to his GM philosophy.

I had just so used to him being ornery and combative with the press and just being cringingly defensive while in the public eye while running the FO. I think we're all enjoying our honeymoon with AKME (Pax gushes love over them too), but it's nice to remember not everything with Pax was horrible all the time.
Anyway, enjoy!

Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1126 » by Grodoboldo » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:02 pm

erlim wrote:Stacey King and Mark Schanowski host an cool little podcast called 'Gimmie the Hotsauce' :lol: and their newest episode has John Paxson as the guest. It's weird to hear this nostalgic Paxson get drawn into a much much more candid and friendly conversation reminiscing about his playing days, but also giving some insight to his GM philosophy.

I had just so used to him being ornery and combative with the press and just being cringingly defensive while in the public eye while running the FO. I think we're all enjoying our honeymoon with AKME (Pax gushes love over them too), but it's nice to remember not everything with Pax was horrible all the time.
Anyway, enjoy!

Great find, I'll definitely give this a listen, thanks!!!
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#1127 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:12 pm

Dresden wrote:It's got to frost Lebron just a little bit to feel like he's not the main attraction in the nba anymore.

I’m sure it does. I think it’s partially why he is recreating Uncle Drew in LA. He needs that spotlight. He has had it for so long and it starting to fade has to be tough. He has been the best player for more years of his life than he hasn’t. He has been a national attraction since he was 17 and has remained so for 20 years. This is what he knows even if logic tells him it won’t last forever, it’s still hard to get over that being what you know for so long.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#1128 » by DuckIII » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:17 pm

cool007 wrote:I really hope Aldridge signs with the Nets and I rather see Nets winning the title than the Lakers.

Ugh. I hated the Heatles as much as anyone. But LeBron hasn’t been “that guy” in a long time. I don’t want the Lakers to win either, but in the current NBA there is not a team anywhere even near as unlikeable as the Nets. Their “Big 3” are three of the biggest spoiled overly sensitive babies in the whole league. I would be willing to accept an argument that the entertainment value of watching the beauty and talent of Durant and Kyrie makes up for it, but the third star is the most unwatchable player in the last 20 years.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,130

Post#1129 » by League Circles » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:07 pm

DuckIII wrote:
cool007 wrote:I really hope Aldridge signs with the Nets and I rather see Nets winning the title than the Lakers.

Ugh. I hated the Heatles as much as anyone. But LeBron hasn’t been “that guy” in a long time. I don’t want the Lakers to win either, but in the current NBA there is not a team anywhere even near as unlikeable as the Nets. Their “Big 3” are three of the biggest spoiled overly sensitive babies in the whole league. I would be willing to accept an argument that the entertainment value of watching the beauty and talent of Durant and Kyrie makes up for it, but the third star is the most unwatchable player in the last 20 years.

I can't stand watching Kyrie either. Only Durant entertains me.

To me, Lebron is still arguably the best player on earth (in a mix with Giannis, Kawhi and KD).
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#1130 » by Andi Obst » Fri Sep 3, 2021 5:44 pm

League Circles wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

To me, Lebron is still arguably the best player on earth (in a mix with Giannis, Kawhi and KD).

Not liking Kyrie is one thing, but he’s easily a top 5 player to watch for me. Insanely skilled with the ball in his hands, can get off and make basically any shot there is at any time. Just a guy who makes NBA basketball look easy.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#1131 » by samwana » Fri Sep 3, 2021 7:34 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
League Circles wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Not liking Kyrie is one thing, but he’s easily a top 5 player to watch for me. Insanely skilled with the ball in his hands, can get off and make basically any shot there is at any time. Just a guy who makes NBA basketball look easy.
I'd rather watch Kyrie over KD. I guess everyone has a star player on the Nets eh can't stand. For me it's KD, I wouldn't be sad if I wo l never see him play again. He's nearly on the same level as LeBron for me. Both are turnoff the tv immediately kind of players. Thanks but no thanks.
Kyrie is different for me. I like seeing him play.

RealGM mobile app
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1132 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:01 pm

Eh, I don't hate the Nets like others do. I'm definitely not a fan of Harden but for me to really dislike a team it's got to be Heatles like.
Everyone knows Kyrie is nuts, everyone knows KD is not going to hold his tongue.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1133 » by StunnerKO » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1134 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:56 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Well, we see Detroit is on the draft pick accumulation plan :lol:
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#1135 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:07 am

Read on Twitter
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#1136 » by Andi Obst » Sat Sep 4, 2021 6:36 am

I hate the Lakers roster, but it’s objectively hilarious at the same time. It’s basically THT, Monk and Nunn and a ton of really old dudes past their prime. Will be interesting for sure.

PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1137 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 10:36 am

Lakers will be good, no doubt, doesnt matter if they are old vets.. they will cruise with experiance thru regular season and then step up in the postseason. One thing that I really really dont get is why now D.Jordan also, when they already signed Howard, Gasol is still there and also AD will play center,because he will just have to with James, Carmelo and Ariza there. Gasol might be shipped out,as he isnt really coaches Vogel preffered choice.

Otherwise its good proven roster :

PG : Westbrook, Rondo, Nunn
SG : Monk, Matthews, Ellington
SF : James, THT, Bazemore
PF : Anthony, Ariza, Cacok
C : AD, Howard, Jordan, Gasol

NETS depth chart at the moment, they will need to cut 2 more players,send down, trade...
PG : Irving, P. Mills, M.James, J.Carter
SG : Harden, Luwawu-Cabarrot, T.Johnson
SF : J.Harris, B.Brown, Bembry, Doumbouya
PF : Durant, Millsap, J.Johnson, Claxton
C : B.Griffin (PF), Aldridge, J.Okafor
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1138 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Sep 4, 2021 3:44 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
League Circles wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Yeah Kyrie is an odd duck. At first he was just crazy hatable imho but now he is like a quirky uncle (pun sorta intended) that tells strange stories at the holiday party, will get in a fight and walk out but man he sure makes a world class 7 layer did that brings everyone together for a few minutes lol. Watching him handle the rock is amazing to me. His skills are unique and he is fun to watch. His personality at first was jarring but now it’s just like oh it’s Kyrie being Kyrie again. With KD too I’ve kinda accepted his eccentricities too. Not saying I like them but I get who he is now so there are no surprises. Plus watching him play to me is pretty awesome. Hats off to him too coming back past prime and with an Achilles and really not missing a beat. Agree with Harden I hate the pace of the game and the gamesmanship he uses. That being said it is what he has been allowed to do and I respect him for exploiting that, just his version is pretty unwatchable.

I am Lebron neutral in the sense that I could never negate what he does on court or think he is trash in any way shape or form. I absolutely dislike his personality the most of all of them not because he is a bad guy just mostly to me he still tries to be too many things…. He tries to please everyone and his optics weigh on him so much I don’t know we ever really have seen Lebron. He grew up with too many people judging his every reaction and he has been made by that. He acts like a star but wants to be loved like a normal guy. If he just acted with hubris and carried that it would be easier to accept him, for me. He has a huge ego and deservedly so, but tries to pretend he is doing it “for the people”. That’s where him and MJ differ, MJ had a huge ego and everyone knew it. He was slick with his answers but you always knew he was going to eat your heart.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1139 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Sep 4, 2021 3:49 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Lakers will be good, no doubt, doesnt matter if they are old vets.. they will cruise with experiance thru regular season and then step up in the postseason. One thing that I really really dont get is why now D.Jordan also, when they already signed Howard, Gasol is still there and also AD will play center,because he will just have to with James, Carmelo and Ariza there. Gasol might be shipped out,as he isnt really coaches Vogel preffered choice.

NETS depth chart at the moment, they will need to cut 2 more players,send down, trade...

Lakers don’t have the best fits but all those bench guys know their roles for sure and should be able to sustain through the injuries they will see. Lakers/Nets is a clash of Titans that is OK after we had a more anyoneone could win year. It’s OK to have super teams go at it, just not season after season.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Around The NBA 

Post#1140 » by Andi Obst » Sat Sep 4, 2021 5:35 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Lakers will be good, no doubt, doesnt matter if they are old vets.. they will cruise with experiance thru regular season and then step up in the postseason. One thing that I really really dont get is why now D.Jordan also, when they already signed Howard, Gasol is still there and also AD will play center,because he will just have to with James, Carmelo and Ariza there. Gasol might be shipped out,as he isnt really coaches Vogel preffered choice.

Lakers don’t have the best fits but all those bench guys know their roles for sure and should be able to sustain through the injuries they will see. Lakers/Nets is a clash of Titans that is OK after we had a more anyoneone could win year. It’s OK to have super teams go at it, just not season after season.

I don’t think the Lakers are close to the Nets, assuming everyone is healthy. They’re far from a "superteam" IMO.

Return to Chicago Bulls