Kuminga or Wiseman with starters?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Re: Kuminga or Wiseman with starters? 

Post#21 » by Commodor » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:04 am

FNQ wrote:
Commodor wrote:I think Moody starts for Klay until he is back. Wiseman will get some time but there is such a logjam at the 3/4 spots I do not see a ton go Kuminga early in the season happening.

Iguodala signed a minimum deal despite interest from other teams.. Iguodala is being given a significant role early on and my bet is that he's starting with Wiggins at the wing spots, and the team focuses a lot on defense and gameplanning the ball to Steph. In that case I'd imagine Poole is one of the first off the bench, subbing out for Wiggins, along with Bjelica or Wiseman coming in for Looney

While I agree that Iguodala has a big role for next year planned, I don’t think it’s starting. What we really needed this summer was a leader of the second unit which has long been Iguodala’s strength for us.

I don’t want to say I would be disappointed in Iggy starting because he’d be great there. I just think he’ll have more of an effect on the second unit while whoever we put at 2 will get some great development time with the starters.

If the team has any intention of letting Moody play real minutes next year then getting him some time with the starters may be the best time to test it. I think Poole could get that time also but I also could see Kerr wanting his second unit to get some minutes together to establish itself early.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#22 » by FNQ » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:47 am

Commodor wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Commodor wrote:I think Moody starts for Klay until he is back. Wiseman will get some time but there is such a logjam at the 3/4 spots I do not see a ton go Kuminga early in the season happening.

Iguodala signed a minimum deal despite interest from other teams.. Iguodala is being given a significant role early on and my bet is that he's starting with Wiggins at the wing spots, and the team focuses a lot on defense and gameplanning the ball to Steph. In that case I'd imagine Poole is one of the first off the bench, subbing out for Wiggins, along with Bjelica or Wiseman coming in for Looney

While I agree that Iguodala has a big role for next year planned, I don’t think it’s starting. What we really needed this summer was a leader of the second unit which has long been Iguodala’s strength for us.

I don’t want to say I would be disappointed in Iggy starting because he’d be great there. I just think he’ll have more of an effect on the second unit while whoever we put at 2 will get some great development time with the starters.

If the team has any intention of letting Moody play real minutes next year then getting him some time with the starters may be the best time to test it. I think Poole could get that time also but I also could see Kerr wanting his second unit to get some minutes together to establish itself early.

I don't disagree with you - I think Moody should get the role because it would be mean the least amount of responsibility for him to start the year, and I think you could essentially treat him like a Zaza or McGee where he gets the start and 10-12 minutes guaranteed, with the rest based on game script.

I think the Iguodala thing is just reading tea leaves. Poole likely not to leave his 6th man role. OPJ is coming off 2 injury marred seasons and has no experience in our system. Lee is the bland choice, but really pulling up a 3rd stringer to start is a bit much. Jessup is a rookie and unlikely to make the team.. so that leaves Iguodala. And here's why I think it makes sense: Iguodala doesnt have much time left. It probably wont matter if its the bench or the SL, he's mostly on fumes. So if you basically tell him we'll give him 2-3 months to prove he still can play (effectively Klay's rehab time) while giving him 15-20mpg, its a win-win. If he's good enough to give minutes still, awesome, we have a bench role for him. If he's not, he at least was given an opportunity and he'll effectively be a Udonis Haslem for us.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#23 » by DAWill1128 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:51 pm

I don’t see Igoudola starting, that’s not enough shooting on the floor to start games. We ran into that problem in the Finals when Klay went out nobody else on the team could hit a shot.

I could see Lee getting the nod due to his familiarity and ability to shoot the ball.

OPJ is the guy you start if you really want to put the clamps on to start the game. The collective size and wingspans of the guys with OPJ in will make for a good defense. OPJ is a really accurate 3 ball shooter, he would probably get my vote.

I still think it will be an absolute grind till Klay returns.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#24 » by clyde21 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 9:52 pm

don't see Iggy starting, think it'll be OPJ at the 3 and we move Wiggy to the 2 if OPJ is ready to go, if not then either Poole or Moody @ the 2.

starting:

Steph Curry / Poole
Andrew Wiggins / Moody
Otto Porter / JTA / Iggy
Draymond Green / Kuminga
Kevon Looney / Wiseman

when Klay comes back:

Steph Curry / Poole
Klay Thompson / Moody / Iggy
Andrew Wiggins / JTA / Iggy
Draymond Green / OPJ / Kuminga
Kevon Looeny / Wiseman / Kuminga
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#25 » by Money_ » Sun Sep 5, 2021 10:17 pm

Bializza not going to be in the rotation?
(I spell it the phonetic/Italian way)

I don't think they will put Poole, Moody, JTA, Kuminga and Wiseman on the floor all at the same time.
Unless they're up by 40 during the fourth quarter.

OPJ, Bjelica, Igoudala, and hopefully Collison if he's ready and willing to take the vax.... will the be the initial subs
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#26 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:18 pm

This is silly.

3 starters are Curry, Wiggins, and Draymond.

Wiggins will start at the 3, he won't be at the 2. Starting at the 2 will either be Poole or Lee. We saw last year with Oubre that starting a guy out-of-position at the 2 isn't a good idea whatsoever.

Looney will probably start at the 5, though if Wiseman comes in and has a good training camp, he could earn the starting spot. I'd put it at 30% or so.

Kuminga has a 0% chance of being a starter when the season starts.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#27 » by Warriorfan » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:15 pm

Or not
Wiseman has better teammates.Plus a better rated prospect. Wiseman put the effort to expand his range and is considered an intelligent person who has to develop his bbq iq

Randolf had an entire year in college, a pre season
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#28 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:36 pm

floppymoose wrote:Moody is not going to start.

There we go. The final answer. No debating that. :)
TheDeadDodo
Bench Warmer
And1: 334

Post#29 » by TheDeadDodo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm

Didn't Kerr say that he was probably going to start Poole a few weeks ago?

Return to Golden State Warriors