ImageImageImage

2021-2022 College Basketball / NBA Draft

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Re: 2021-2022 College Basketball / NBA Draft 

Post#21 » by Kobblehead » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 pm

Another super talented youngster to watch.

Matteo Spagnolo
Sea2003
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#22 » by Sea2003 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I feel like Patrick Baldwin might be the most talented incoming freshman.

Committed to Milwaukee? Wtf is that. He better average 30 against that garbage competition.

His dad works there. Dumb decision could cost his son $$ if he falls in the draft bc of the lack of good completion

Off-topic but Hardy seems to be Edwards but without the insane athleticism. Better shot creator but im not sure if that's gonna matter with his lack of burst and size
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#23 » by Kobblehead » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:45 pm

Baldwin is just so damn impressive. It's like if you took an ALL-NBA first teamer and put him in highschool. He just looks like a fully-developed offensive maestro in a grown-man body out there. Might be my early #1 lock.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#24 » by DCasey91 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:00 am

Banch or Chet wait until they play and it’ll change peoples minds (unless you know who they are, then they’ll be firmly 1/2nd).

Jovic is a stud muffin too. I think he’s the most talented euro big coming out in a while.

And of course my boy Roko Tarzan Prkacin, he starts hitting the jumper at a good clip he better not go past 10.

Hardy and that makes five which I’m certain will all be top ten bound.
Dale_Marks
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Dale_Marks » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:16 pm

Wow, I'm glad for his success!
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#26 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 5, 2021 7:42 am

I think Banchero will be a bust. Aside from the 5 min clip i saw from youtube (:lol:) which he didnt look impressive, I dont like prospects coming out from Duke.

I wouldnt draft Tatum or Blake Griffin as top 1 pick. Just my personal taste. And those two are his BESTEST case scenario IMO
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#27 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 5, 2021 7:43 am

Wont wembanyama enter the draft? Would be fun if both Chet and wembanyama battle for that 1st overall
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#28 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 5, 2021 7:46 am

DCasey91 wrote:Banch or Chet wait until they play and it’ll change peoples minds (unless you know who they are, then they’ll be firmly 1/2nd).

Jovic is a stud muffin too. I think he’s the most talented euro big coming out in a while.

And of course my boy Roko Tarzan Prkacin, he starts hitting the jumper at a good clip he better not go past 10.

Hardy and that makes five which I’m certain will all be top ten bound.

RealGM Sixers board draft scout language:
Muffin = Tall player
Muchkin = Undersize player
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#29 » by DCasey91 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 10:40 am

No where I come form stud muffin means jet.

I’ll bookmark you thinking Banch will bust for the future :)

I do have a decent strike rate on prospects.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#30 » by 76ciology » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:40 pm

DCasey91 wrote:No where I come form stud muffin means jet.

I’ll bookmark you thinking Banch will bust for the future :)

I do have a decent strike rate on prospects.

For now i’d say yes. But I’d give my final verdict on my last mock draft for this one.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#31 » by DCasey91 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:19 pm

2021 draft class:

Green
Mobley
Suggs
Johnson (Jalen)
Sengun
Kuminga
Christopher
“Boogie” Bouknight
Cooper
Murphy
Johnson (Keon)
Petrusev

That’s the 12 in order I like the most this year (sub out Butler and Roko for obv reasons).

This upcoming draft class:

Banchero
Chet
Jovic
Roko
Hardy

Can’t wait for this year’s crop!
76ciology
RealGM

Post#32 » by 76ciology » Mon Sep 6, 2021 5:58 am

Hey, i know a fun topic.

Just by looking guys as prospects and not knowing how good they’d become in the league. What does your top 10 pick look like in the 2013 draft.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#33 » by 76ciology » Mon Sep 6, 2021 6:07 am

76ciology wrote:Hey, i know a fun topic.

Just by looking guys as prospects and not knowing how good they’d become in the league. What does your top 10 pick look like in the 2013 draft.

For me:

1- Oladipo
2- Burke
3- Mclemore
4- Otto Porter
5- KCP
6- Giannis
7- Bennett
8- CJ
9- MCW
10- Nerlens
11 - Cody Zeller
12 - Steven Adams

Similar to structure of my 2021 mock
Top 5 - Stats + Favors perimeter offense
Top 6-7 = freeroll on high upside similar
CJ = senior with good #s (duarte of 2021)
9 = i dont favor guards who cant shoot (giddie of 2021)
10 & 11 = i start drafting bigs with good stats

* i have nerlens as a prospect without suffering from ACL here

Would have been interesting how Trey Burke’s career would turn out if we have drafted him in 2013.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#34 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 6, 2021 1:06 pm

Where's P.J. Hairston?
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#35 » by Kobblehead » Mon Sep 6, 2021 5:49 pm

I'm going to put some more thought into that and incorporate my current sensibilities into the prospects at the time.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#36 » by DCasey91 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 12:39 pm

Logically? Man the 13’ draft was kind of a dud in terms of how it was say so so at the top but here goes realistically speaking:

1. Oladipo - Simmons/Edwards range as number 1. Had great pedigree and performances in College. Smooth mover of course so very attractive out of the top 5 to go as 1.

2. Mclemore - Pre draft huge huge wraps, revisionist now but Ben had big big hype. J Wooden Finalist freshman year. Bit of a bolter too. Also a headcase

3. Otto Porter Jr. - No change. Was a top flight prospect and was locked in the top 5 from memory.

4. Noel - ACL aside he really was the Embiid if you will of this draft. Healthy would be convo for number one. (Bennett wasn’t even top ten or thereabouts Cavs sort of winged it on that one lol).
Could put the ball on the floor sometimes like Giannis just it was in College. It’s just that Noel had a lot more exposure and comp to go off (though Giannis did impress at the summit but was so very late). Both are 211cm+ 220cm+ wingspans fwiw.

5. Zeller - Second best center in the draft easy spot to put him there. This is pre Curry shooting mania so bigs went high and still do. and he performed very well in the college circuit. Scouts loved his maturity from memory. Actually it might be the same with Noel swap with Zeller as it was because of the injury. But Noel had number one draft pick convo. So it’s a toss up higher ceiling player but serious injury of get the second best big man.

6&7 KCP & CJ - Best of the rest. Behind OPJ as he was a freshman and CJ was older too (Oli had years but man he really does pop on the athleticism front and two way ceiling which did happen albeit for a very short period of time so he hit on his capabilities to me.) Injuries be damned!

8. Olynyk - Gonzaga product NCAA AA, Senior so ready to go and contribute. Nice size at the 3 or play at the 4.

9. Trey Burke - Small for his size but can play.

10. Giannis - I like this spot for Giannis. Biggest upside in the draft, but the most raw and was the bolter with limited exposure (was very late to the party. Some teams were all over him. He went from second/to 1st rnd then to lotto potential in a matter of weeks. Dangerous part is you can overdraft players based on theoretical ceiling. i.e Giddey at 6 this year was an eyebrow raiser to me. Barnes going one spot higher I get but not Giddey imo. NBA is risk adverse so Giannis at 10 is fair.

Len outside top ten due to falling below expectations coming in though he wasn’t bad at all. 11 would be Schroeder as the best euro guard coming out with comps to Rondo by scouts. Some places may switch around due to team picking and who was on their own teams/contending phases/etc etc too exhaustive to do lol but that’s pretty much the assessment. This ain’t a redraft moreso what a top 10-11 would look like back then.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#37 » by DCasey91 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:18 pm

Also I can’t ever see a Curry or a Nash/Trae sized type going at one ever. Size matters. Talent aside
small players (not saying tall or short, just small) have inherit team issues construction issues.

The Giannis big wing type though will get drafted higher and higher as years go on.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#38 » by 76ciology » Tue Sep 7, 2021 4:45 pm

Spoiler:
DCasey91 wrote:Logically? Man the 13’ draft was kind of a dud in terms of how it was say so so at the top but here goes realistically speaking:

1. Oladipo - Simmons/Edwards range as number 1. Had great pedigree and performances in College. Smooth mover of course so very attractive out of the top 5 to go as 1.

2. Mclemore - Pre draft huge huge wraps, revisionist now but Ben had big big hype. J Wooden Finalist freshman year. Bit of a bolter too. Also a headcase

3. Otto Porter Jr. - No change. Was a top flight prospect and was locked in the top 5 from memory.

4. Noel - ACL aside he really was the Embiid if you will of this draft. Healthy would be convo for number one. (Bennett wasn’t even top ten or thereabouts Cavs sort of winged it on that one lol).
Could put the ball on the floor sometimes like Giannis just it was in College. It’s just that Noel had a lot more exposure and comp to go off (though Giannis did impress at the summit but was so very late). Both are 211cm+ 220cm+ wingspans fwiw.

5. Zeller - Second best center in the draft easy spot to put him there. This is pre Curry shooting mania so bigs went high and still do. and he performed very well in the college circuit. Scouts loved his maturity from memory. Actually it might be the same with Noel swap with Zeller as it was because of the injury. But Noel had number one draft pick convo. So it’s a toss up higher ceiling player but serious injury of get the second best big man.

6&7 KCP & CJ - Best of the rest. Behind OPJ as he was a freshman and CJ was older too (Oli had years but man he really does pop on the athleticism front and two way ceiling which did happen albeit for a very short period of time so he hit on his capabilities to me.) Injuries be damned!

8. Olynyk - Gonzaga product NCAA AA, Senior so ready to go and contribute. Nice size at the 3 or play at the 4.

9. Trey Burke - Small for his size but can play.

10. Giannis - I like this spot for Giannis. Biggest upside in the draft, but the most raw and was the bolter with limited exposure (was very late to the party. Some teams were all over him. He went from second/to 1st rnd then to lotto potential in a matter of weeks. Dangerous part is you can overdraft players based on theoretical ceiling. i.e Giddey at 6 this year was an eyebrow raiser to me. Barnes going one spot higher I get but not Giddey imo. NBA is risk adverse so Giannis at 10 is fair.

Len outside top ten due to falling below expectations coming in though he wasn’t bad at all. 11 would be Schroeder as the best euro guard coming out with comps to Rondo by scouts. Some places may switch around due to team picking and who was on their own teams/contending phases/etc etc too exhaustive to do lol but that’s pretty much the assessment. This ain’t a redraft moreso what a top 10-11 would look like back then.

I dont understand the hype with Len.

I also dont understand why Bennett was selected first in 2013. If they’re going for pure upside play, it should have been Giannis. If he was a balanced play on talent and upside, they should have went with Oladipo.

Bennett was comparable to Zaire Williams in the 2021 draft. Looks good on paper but his numbers dont checked out.

I was surprised Bennett flopped that hard. I watched him live one time in FIBA against asian teams, man he looked so bad. Lethargic. He had the tools to be an allstar. The skillset, mobility and height to wingspan ratio. But something is just wrong with this guy.

And I missed Olynyk. He looked like a good prospect. Probably will make it 12th or 13th in my mock

I was thinking about putting Mclemore as my second overall pick, numbers and upside checked out. But if my memory serves me right, he was like a 3&D guy in college like this year’s moses moody.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#39 » by 76ciology » Tue Sep 7, 2021 6:44 pm

Doing re-mock of the 2013 draft made me interested in Trey Burke.

The biggest problem with him was his development with his 3pt shooting was flat. And he can’t generate high FTr because of his size. Other than that, I thought his scoring and PnR game translated well.

IMO if he was drafted as a top 3 pick, a team would be more patient with him I think he would have ended up having a better career than a journey man that he is right now.

I’d imagine that he might have a couple of 20ppg season with our team if we drafted him instead of MCW.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#40 » by Kobblehead » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:12 pm

I think Zeller, Caldwell-Pope, Porter, Burke, and Shroder would round out my top 5. I might have been hyping Schroder for #1 given his international defense and shooting (both have been subpar traits for him in the NBA, go figure lol).

I would knock Oladipo and McCollum to the back half of the top 10 for their age.

Ya know who was a sneaky underrated prospect on paper? Myck Kabongo. Beastly slashing lead G with strong defense and good passer. Major knocks were no jumper and small stature, though. I wonder what happened to him? I remember Rich Paul effing up his college career with eligibility stuff.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers