Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Remaining Roster Spot Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Re: Bulls Remaining Roster Spot Discussion 

Post#461 » by League Circles » Sun Sep 5, 2021 2:52 pm

Ctownbulls wrote:I don't think AKME feels an urgency to sign a big. It's clear the Bulls are going to try to beat teams with uber athleticism.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

That's weird, because the Bulls aren't very athletic at all, let alone uber athletic.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#462 » by MGB8 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:36 pm

khufure wrote:Need 2 Vonleh type guys. What's the holdup?

I’ve been wondering about that myself. There are a good number of guys out there, and if they liked one significantly more than another, you’d think they would have worked something out already.

That leads me to 1 of 3 possibilities:

(1) they are maybe negotiating a trade, whether for Vanderbilt or someone else;

(2) they are going to give a bunch of guys camp invites and decide after camp; or

(3) they don’t see the big man depth as an issue, in part because of the plan to play a wing at the 4 at pretty much all times, and in part because they expect Simonovic to be ready to contribute 10-12 minutes per game off the bat (on a good team), as opposed to our “redshirt” expectations.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 438

Post#463 » by greenwing » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:40 pm

MGB8 wrote:
khufure wrote:Need 2 Vonleh type guys. What's the holdup?

I’ve been wondering about that myself. There are a good number of guys out there, and if they liked one significantly more than another, you’d think they would have worked something out already.

That leads me to 1 of e possibilities:

(1) they are maybe negotiating a trade, whether for Vanderbilt or someone else;

(2) they are going to give a bunch of guys camp invites and decide after camp; or

(3) they don’t see the big man depth as an issue, in part because of the plan to play a wing at the 4 at pretty much all times, and in part because they expect Simonovic to be ready to contribute 10-12 minutes per game off the bat (on a good team), as opposed to our “redshirt” expectations.

If the reporting on Millsap and Aldridge has some truth to it, it’s not likely that #3 is accurate. I think that #1 is most likely and if all else fails then #2 becomes the backup option.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#464 » by MGB8 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:42 pm

League Circles wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:I don't think AKME feels an urgency to sign a big. It's clear the Bulls are going to try to beat teams with uber athleticism.

That's weird, because the Bulls aren't very athletic at all, let alone uber athletic.

Don’t think that’s accurate for the current roster

LaVine - Uber athletic
Jones Jr. - Uber athletic
DeRozan - used to be Uber athletic, now between athletic and Uber athletic
Green - between athletic and Uber athletic
Pat - between athletic and Uber athletic
Caruso (who I forgot) - between athletic and Uber athletic
Brown Jr. - athletic
Ayo - athletic
Ball - athletic (and under-ratedly so)
Coby - athletic except for verticality
Bradley - not particularly athletic
Vucevic - not particularly athletic
Simonovic - not particularly athletic
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#465 » by khufure » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:35 pm

MGB8 wrote:
League Circles wrote:

Don’t think that’s accurate for the current roster

LaVine - Uber athletic
Jones Jr. - Uber athletic
DeRozan - used to be Uber athletic, now between athletic and Uber athletic
Green - between athletic and Uber athletic
Pat - between athletic and Uber athletic
Brown Jr. - athletic
Ayo - athletic
Ball - athletic (and under-ratedly so)
Coby - athletic except for verticality
Bradley - not particularly athletic
Vucevic - not particularly athletic
Simonovic - not particularly athletic

Are we ordering car services? What's with the naming convention :lol:
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,906

Post#466 » by RSP83 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 6:00 pm

League Circles wrote:

Zach Lavine, DeMar Derozan, Patrick Williams, Derrick Jones Jr., Troy Brown Jr., Alex Caruso, Javonte Green, I think these guys are pretty darn athletic. I mean I can't remember the last time we have this many players who can jump out of the gym type. These guys are pretty long too. Lonzo is also sneaky athletic.
Jello Biafra
Analyst
And1: 348

Post#467 » by Jello Biafra » Sun Sep 5, 2021 6:41 pm

Kenneth Faried?
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#468 » by LateNight » Sun Sep 5, 2021 9:45 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:Kenneth Faried?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’ve seen this a bunch and I don’t get it... he played in summer league and in China and he was fairly underwhelming in both places.

I get the appeal, but he’s not 2014 Faried anymore.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,690

Post#469 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 9:57 pm

League Circles wrote:

Zach and DJJ are elite athletes and DeMar and Caruso are well above average athletically, then you have PWill and TBJ who have athletic potential, and Lonzo and Bradley are solid athletically for their positions as well. That's 8 out of 10 rotation players who are above average athletes or better. I'd say we're a pretty athletic team, but I would stop short of calling us "uber athletic."
LateNight
Starter

Post#470 » by LateNight » Sun Sep 5, 2021 10:02 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
League Circles wrote:

Zach and DJJ are elite athletes and DeMar and Caruso are well above average athletically, then you have PWill and TBJ who have athletic potential, and Lonzo and Bradley are solid athletically for their positions as well. That's 8 out of 10 rotation players who are above average athletes or better. I'd say we're a pretty athletic team, but I would stop short of calling us "uber athletic."

We’re not Uber Athletic, but we’ve got Lyft
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#471 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:13 pm

LateNight wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’ve seen this a bunch and I don’t get it... he played in summer league and in China and he was fairly underwhelming in both places.

Maybe it's only a camp invite.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
LateNight
Starter

Post#472 » by LateNight » Mon Sep 6, 2021 12:15 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
LateNight wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Maybe it's only a camp invite.

Honestly, I want the guy to be great again - he was fun to watch, so I’ll be rooting for him whatever happens, but it seems a little odd.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#473 » by Jimmy Forums » Mon Sep 6, 2021 12:32 am

So Daniel Greenberg did a live Spaces thing on Twitter today right as I was on break at work. I didn't hear the whole thing so I was hoping there was a replay, but I did hop in and ask a question about how he thought the Bulls would fill out the roster.

He called the Faried thing "interesting" and also remarked that Vanderbilt was a possibility. My biggest takeaway, however, was that to paraphrase he was stressing that the Bulls are really looooking at options. I got the sense there could be a trade still in the works.
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#474 » by gf2020hotmail » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:20 am

Jimmy Forums wrote:So Daniel Greenberg did a live Spaces thing on Twitter today right as I was on break at work. I didn't hear the whole thing so I was hoping there was a replay, but I did hop in and ask a question about how he thought the Bulls would fill out the roster.

He called the Faried thing "interesting" and also remarked that Vanderbilt was a possibility. My biggest takeaway, however, was that to paraphrase he was stressing that the Bulls are really looooking at options. I got the sense there could be a trade still in the works.

Greenberg is an aggregator, not a reporter. He's great at it but he doesn't have NBA sources in the least. He's just aping what's already out there.
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#475 » by jStuNNa » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:05 am

LateNight wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Could be wrong... But I believe Faried is just talking about working with the trainer in that video. That trainer works with a bunch of NBA players and has a huge following on IG and other social media.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#476 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:35 am

Im talking about Faried since he played in SL again, I think with good conditioning he can be NBA player again. Good veteran rebounding PF for minimum.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,334

Post#477 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:53 am

Manimal?

Weird

He’s been MIA for a reason.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#478 » by sco » Mon Sep 6, 2021 1:11 pm

:clap:
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#479 » by erlim » Mon Sep 6, 2021 1:42 pm

sco wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nets-paul-millsap-signing-reportedly-230129476.html

To summarize, the Yahoo report says the rest of the leagues FOs think Milsap was an underwhelming signing and because he’s done he won’t help the team.

Which is fine, I don’t know who is expecting anything from him.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,208

Post#480 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:30 pm

LateNight wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
League Circles wrote:That's weird, because the Bulls aren't very athletic at all, let alone uber athletic.

We’re not Uber Athletic, but we’ve got Lyft

Well played!

Return to Chicago Bulls