ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Re: Offseason Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread Take 2 

Post#161 » by rajajackal » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:19 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I’m kinda surprised someone hasn’t kicked the tires on Frank as a reclamation project. I figured he’d get at least one more year in the league but it’s not looking like it. There aren’t really too many tanking teams right now. I guess it’s really just Orlando and Houston off the top of my head and I know Orlando has too many guards and wings already.

i thought the jazz would grab him. imo he should play in the g league instead of europe if he ever wants to play consistent minutes in the nba
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,719

Post#162 » by 8516knicks » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:56 am

Frank likely knows by now the NBA is not in his future. Omari went to Korea, can Frank be far behind?
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,061

Post#163 » by RHODEY » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:40 am

Not sure if this has any legs, but would you do this?

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#164 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:37 am

RHODEY wrote:Not sure if this has any legs, but would you do this?

So long as Jackson's mind is right. We have a good bunch of players who get along well. Jackson has a bit of a history though I haven't heard much lately about him. Maybe he's been humbled. If so, then yes. We could use some more depth at the 3. Right now it's RJ and Burks. Sure we could go 3-guard with Fournier or Grimes. But JJ is a legit 6-8 and he can pass and play defense. It's his head I worry about.

Wouldn't you rather just have Frank back? :nod:
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#165 » by DaGawd » Sun Sep 5, 2021 10:40 am

Without question
BaF
Washington Wizards
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,394

Post#166 » by Bob Ross » Sun Sep 5, 2021 12:24 pm

The fact that Frank is still unsigned, yet again reminds me of how much we over value our own players
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#167 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 5, 2021 12:32 pm

Bob Ross wrote:The fact that Frank is still unsigned, yet again reminds me of how much we over value our own players

Are you related to Violent Bob Ross?
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#168 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 5, 2021 9:52 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Without question

Same. Exchanging a guy who isn't going to play, for a guy who can at least play spot minutes giving size and defense at the backup 3 spot? Yup.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#169 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 6, 2021 5:14 am

Bob Ross wrote:The fact that Frank is still unsigned, yet again reminds me of how much we over value our own players

I think Frank's health may have something to do with it. Just a guess. Or maybe he's going back to Europe. Who knows?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#170 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:20 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I think Frank's health may have something to do with it. Just a guess. Or maybe he's going back to Europe. Who knows?

I think it has to do with more of the fact that he......

sucks! :lol:
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,606

Post#171 » by stuporman » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:19 pm

I wasn't high on either Josh Jackson or Knox but I guess JJ might have a chance to get in Thibs rotation.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#172 » by BKlutch » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:30 pm

stuporman wrote:I wasn't high on either Josh Jackson or Knox but I guess JJ might have a chance to get in Thibs rotation.

If Thibs can't turn a player into someone useful, it's doubtful that guy will ever make it in the NBA. As I keep pointing out (Not to you, but in general!), much of development occurs in practices. Playing time of course is valuable, but is only one component of development. If you can't do what you need to in practice, no sense getting court time at the expense of other players who might make something of it.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#173 » by BKlutch » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:31 pm

BKlutch wrote:
stuporman wrote:I wasn't high on either Josh Jackson or Knox but I guess JJ might have a chance to get in Thibs rotation.

If Thibs & Co. can't turn a player into someone useful, it's doubtful that guy will ever make it in the NBA. As I keep pointing out (Not to you, but in general!), much of development occurs in practices. Playing time of course is valuable, but is only one component of development. If you can't do what you need to in practice, no sense getting court time at the expense of other players who might make something of it.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#174 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 6, 2021 9:01 pm

I doubt either would play much. I think Burks and IQ get those guard/wing backup minutes, and height issues are somewhat mitigated by how Fournier/RJ are substituted, where they are staggered to keep one of those "taller" players on the floor with Burks, if needed.

But at least Josh J would provide a need that Thibs MIGHT use. Knicks appear to have enough scoring at the guard/wing spots, so what does Knox offer, other than theoretical "upside" (lolz). Offense from the backup backup 3 spot? Offense from the backup backup 4 spot? At least Josh J could provide some athleticism\passing on offense but more importantly, some defense. Again, this is about spot minutes or injury depth, so it probably doesn't matter.

Other than the Knicks could convert Knox and 2nd into the better basketball player in Josh J, if not wildly better, just better.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#175 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:56 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

I doubt either would play much. I think Burks and IQ get those guard/wing backup minutes, and height issues are somewhat mitigated by how Fournier/RJ are substituted, where they are staggered to keep one of those "taller" players on the floor with Burks, if needed.

But at least Josh J would provide a need that Thibs MIGHT use. Knicks appear to have enough scoring at the guard/wing spots, so what does Knox offer, other than theoretical "upside" (lolz). Offense from the backup backup 3 spot? Offense from the backup backup 4 spot? At least Josh J could provide some athleticism\passing on offense but more importantly, some defense. Again, this is about spot minutes or injury depth, so it probably doesn't matter.

Other than the Knicks could convert Knox and 2nd into the better basketball player in Josh J, if not wildly better, just better.

What about signing Miles Bridges to scrimmage against so Knox can regain his dominant pre-draft form?
ImageImageImage
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#176 » by BKlutch » Tue Sep 7, 2021 3:17 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

What about signing Miles Bridges to scrimmage against so Knox can regain his dominant pre-draft form?

So cruel.
But spot on.

makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#177 » by makeitstop » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:31 am

Read on Twitter
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,606

Post#178 » by stuporman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 am

I came across this and wonder what it is all about. Anybody else know where this is coming from? Some rando tuber talking out his ass? Then sticks RJ in the thumb to click bait? :lol:

If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#179 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Do you think we’re in the mix for John Wall?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,489

Post#180 » by cgf » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:03 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

I don't think I would simply because the on-court upside is so small that I wouldn't want to risk negatively impacting the locker room.

JJ may well be humbled, but the locker room has undergone a lot of change already and, though his mindset is part of the problem with Kevin, we also know that he's a "good kid" who doesn't make waves or grumble as long as he gets to play his fortnite. So even if JJ isn't an active problem anymore, replacing a dude who is fine not playing with a guy who is still trying to break through, can add tension to a locker room* if neither player is going to play more than ~100 minutes all season.

Maybe that changes during the season if we get hit by injuries on the wing and would be able to give JJ some semi-regular minutes, but as things stand, I'd pass.

*which isn't always a bad thing, but I don't think we need atm since I'm not too worried about complacency from the core this season
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks