Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Remaining Roster Spot Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Re: Bulls Remaining Roster Spot Discussion 

Post#481 » by petebraun0 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 5:50 pm

For a roster spot, should we possibly bring back Chandler Hutchison? good size, young.
Or did he burn his bridge with us, and we know how bad he is.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,415

Post#482 » by ImSlower » Mon Sep 6, 2021 5:59 pm

I will politely say that no, Hutchinson will not be a candidate, nor would he want to come back after clowning the team while he was a bench warmer for WAS. I'm not sure if he'll wear an NBA jersey again, or if so, for how many days, not years.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#483 » by coldfish » Mon Sep 6, 2021 6:16 pm

Jimmy Forums wrote:So Daniel Greenberg did a live Spaces thing on Twitter today right as I was on break at work. I didn't hear the whole thing so I was hoping there was a replay, but I did hop in and ask a question about how he thought the Bulls would fill out the roster.

He called the Faried thing "interesting" and also remarked that Vanderbilt was a possibility. My biggest takeaway, however, was that to paraphrase he was stressing that the Bulls are really looooking at options. I got the sense there could be a trade still in the works.

Would anyone be surprised if the Bulls shipped Coby for a PF?
paxson_4_3
Sophomore
And1: 227

Post#484 » by paxson_4_3 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 6:57 pm

coldfish wrote:
Jimmy Forums wrote:So Daniel Greenberg did a live Spaces thing on Twitter today right as I was on break at work. I didn't hear the whole thing so I was hoping there was a replay, but I did hop in and ask a question about how he thought the Bulls would fill out the roster.

He called the Faried thing "interesting" and also remarked that Vanderbilt was a possibility. My biggest takeaway, however, was that to paraphrase he was stressing that the Bulls are really looooking at options. I got the sense there could be a trade still in the works.

Actually yes, as I think he has a role in this team.

But then again, after all that I've learned about AKME so far, I probably wouldn't.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#485 » by Jimmy Forums » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:00 pm

coldfish wrote:

Not at all, especially once Coby can get back on the floor. I agree with others that Coby has a clear and perfect role on this year’s team, but there’s no doubt in my mind AKME sees his highest value being as a trade asset.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran

Post#486 » by Jimmy Forums » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:03 pm

Stanley Johnson better not be anything more than a minimum. He’s a good end of bench body but he doesn’t strike me as a rotational player at all.

Frankly he’s a bit buried; TBJ, DJJ both already occupy his space. His profile fits the new regime so he brings continuity to the end of the bench but I really don’t expect him to be much of a contributor.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran

Post#487 » by Jimmy Forums » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter

We gotta find a way to work Vanderbilt on to this squad. That defensive ability available on the cheap this late in the off-season, if there’s a way we gotta find it.

He could be signed to a deal large enough to fit the Theis TPE, signed and traded with the Wolves in a deal in which we send a 2nd rounder or two and they create a TPE for themselves. I’m zeroing in pretty hard on my guy here.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#488 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:45 pm

Jimmy Forums wrote:
Read on Twitter

We gotta find a way to work Vanderbilt on to this squad. That defensive ability available on the cheap this late in the off-season, if there’s a way we gotta find it.

He could be signed to a deal large enough to fit the Theis TPE, signed and traded with the Wolves in a deal in which we send a 2nd rounder or two and they create a TPE for themselves. I’m zeroing in pretty hard on my guy here.

Even though I agree with you, the Wolves are kinda thin at the 4 themselves. They're probably counting on him signing the QO.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#489 » by Salo23 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 8:42 pm

I think coldfish nailed it, we are going all in on switchable athletes at the 1-4 spots.

Wouldn’t be surprised now if we went with another offensively skilled center like Cousins or Hartenstein and just run with lineups featuring one floor spacing traditional big surrounded by athletes at the 1-4 most of the game, with Bradley mixed in to guard traditional bigs.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#490 » by Posey H8er » Mon Sep 6, 2021 9:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Alize Johnson has been mentioned on this board a little bit. Not sure if he makes as much sense with the Bulls signing Stanley Johnson, who can defend the 3 and 4.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#491 » by MGB8 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 9:32 pm

Salo23 wrote:I think coldfish nailed it, we are going all in on switchable athletes at the 1-4 spots.

Wouldn’t be surprised now if we went with another offensively skilled center like Cousins or Hartenstein and just run with lineups featuring one floor spacing traditional big surrounded by athletes at the 1-4 most of the game, with Bradley mixed in to guard traditional bigs.

If they sign Hartenstein that would offset Johnson for me. Still think they could have done much better than Stanley, though.
ghostinthepost1
Junior
And1: 225

Post#492 » by ghostinthepost1 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Bulls signed Matt Thomas to a camp deal, if they could somehow fuse him and Stanley Johnson into one guy they'd really have something.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Post#493 » by GoBlue72391 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 9:57 pm

petebraun0 wrote:For a roster spot, should we possibly bring back Chandler Hutchison? good size, young.
Or did he burn his bridge with us, and we know how bad he is.

Ha, he burnt that bridge and even if he didn't I still wouldn't want him back.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#494 » by BullChit » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:02 pm

ghostinthepost1 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bulls signed Matt Thomas to a camp deal, if they could somehow fuse him and Stanley Johnson into one guy they'd really have something.

AKME science labs
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
problymchyld04
Sophomore
And1: 33

Post#495 » by problymchyld04 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:24 pm

Patrick Patterson, Marquese Chriss, or Aaron Baynes would’ve been all better signings than Stanley Johnson although i get that they would like a switchable big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#496 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:26 pm

problymchyld04 wrote:Patrick Patterson, Marquese Chriss, or Aaron Baynes would’ve been all better signings than Stanley Johnson although i get that they would like a switchable big

Chriss is a Trailblazer for the moment. Patterson seems cooked. Baynes was at the least, really brutally bad last year. He could be a reclamation project, but whatever.
problymchyld04
Sophomore
And1: 33

Bulls Remaining Roster Spot Discussion 

Post#497 » by problymchyld04 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:33 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:
problymchyld04 wrote:Patrick Patterson, Marquese Chriss, or Aaron Baynes would’ve been all better signings than Stanley Johnson although i get that they would like a switchable big

Chriss is a Trailblazer for the moment. Patterson seems cooked. Baynes was at the least, really brutally bad last year. He could be a reclamation project, but whatever.

well if we wanted to get the guy who could switch the best on defense but can’t shoot a lick to save his life, then congratulations we’ve got what we absolutely wanted…. i’d still personally rather take a chance on guys like patterson & baynes instead who can somewhat shoot at least

Edit: Damn…. had no clue that Baynes was going through nerve damage within his neck…hopes he gets well soon

gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 340

Post#498 » by gf2020hotmail » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:37 pm

I don't think Stanley Johnson is worse than the guy with a broken neck. Maybe advocating for someone who literally can't play right now would suggest the front office has done more research into these recent signings than some:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/08/07/aron-baynes-reportedly-could-miss-next-season-with-nerve-damage-in-neck/
chicago paxsons
Bench Warmer
And1: 715

Post#499 » by chicago paxsons » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:47 pm

It looks to me like akme is filling out the bench with good athletic defenders and thinks the offense lavine, lonzo, derozen, and vuc bring will be enough.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,574

Post#500 » by Clocian » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:48 pm

Time to lock this bad boy up!
Damn I love Hip Hop!

Return to Chicago Bulls