Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Remaining Roster Spot Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,430

Re: Bulls Remaining Roster Spot Discussion 

Post#501 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:28 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:
problymchyld04 wrote:Patrick Patterson, Marquese Chriss, or Aaron Baynes would’ve been all better signings than Stanley Johnson although i get that they would like a switchable big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriss is a Trailblazer for the moment. Patterson seems cooked. Baynes was at the least, really brutally bad last year. He could be a reclamation project, but whatever.

Baynes had a short run there when Ayton was out, where he looked amazing. Since then though those wheels fell off and flew into the stands.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#502 » by Jimmy Forums » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:31 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
Jimmy Forums wrote:
Read on Twitter

We gotta find a way to work Vanderbilt on to this squad. That defensive ability available on the cheap this late in the off-season, if there’s a way we gotta find it.

He could be signed to a deal large enough to fit the Theis TPE, signed and traded with the Wolves in a deal in which we send a 2nd rounder or two and they create a TPE for themselves. I’m zeroing in pretty hard on my guy here.

Even though I agree with you, the Wolves are kinda thin at the 4 themselves. They're probably counting on him signing the QO.

Unfortunately I know you're probably right, especially given today's events. He'd have been a great fit but Minnesota would be foolish to let him go at whatever small price he turns out to be.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#503 » by HomoSapien » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:34 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
BrooklynBulls wrote:
problymchyld04 wrote:Patrick Patterson, Marquese Chriss, or Aaron Baynes would’ve been all better signings than Stanley Johnson although i get that they would like a switchable big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriss is a Trailblazer for the moment. Patterson seems cooked. Baynes was at the least, really brutally bad last year. He could be a reclamation project, but whatever.

Baynes had a short run there when Ayton was out, where he looked amazing. Since then though those wheels fell off and flew into the stands.

Read on Twitter
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#504 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:46 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
BrooklynBulls wrote:

Read on Twitter

Holy ****, that sounds really bad! Hope he gets through this.

Edit: just saw that it's and old tweet, I was aware of the injury, but for a moment I thought he was Still in the hospital.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Bulls Fan 23
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Post#505 » by Bulls Fan 23 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:53 am

Should we bring Isiah Hartenstein in for a camp invite?

We could use some more size.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#506 » by sco » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:05 pm

With Stan the man on a non-guaranteed deal, I want to nab a vet SG to give us some Coby insurance (injury, slow start, future trade). I'm rooting for Moore...heck even Valentine has more value than Stan.
:clap:
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#507 » by Evil_Headband » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:16 pm

Since Alize, Stanley and Thomas are on non-guaranteed deals, I'm not sure we should assume any of them will make the team. They still have two roster slots open (plus a two-way). Who knows what could happen. Obviously AKME is still looking to upgrade.
sco
RealGM

Post#508 » by sco » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:20 pm

Evil_Headband wrote:Since Alize, Stanley and Thomas are on non-guaranteed deals, I'm not sure we should assume any of them will make the team. They still have two roster slots open (plus a two-way). Who knows what could happen. Obviously AKME is still looking to upgrade.

So maybe we can optimistically still nab Vanderbilt with TPE trade.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#509 » by Andi Obst » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:42 pm

I think Alize is here to stay. Stanley and Matt Thomas will probably fight for the last spot. I like it.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#510 » by MGB8 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:49 pm

sco wrote:
Evil_Headband wrote:Since Alize, Stanley and Thomas are on non-guaranteed deals, I'm not sure we should assume any of them will make the team. They still have two roster slots open (plus a two-way). Who knows what could happen. Obviously AKME is still looking to upgrade.

I doubt that happens. Vanderbit and Alize Johnson are very similar types of players, including sizewise, though Vanderbilt is like a half inch taller but has a notably longer wingspan - 8'10 standing reach as opposed to 8'7, and 7'1 wingspan vs/ 6'8.75.

Same basic skillsets, though. Along with similar guys like Jordan Bell (between the two in W/S and reach, basically same height), DJ Wilson (a little taller and greater W/S and reach, and more shooting, less bball IQ). [Of course Boucher, if we had been able to snag him via trade, is 6'8 w/out shoes with a 7'4 wingspan and 9'2.5 reach - a touch shorter than Wilson but an inch on the length measurements - hence his blocks / interior defense...]. Also Cheick Diallo (6'7.5 w/out shoes but 7'4 w/s, 8'11.5 reach),

Yeah, Vanderbilt is a lot younger, but Johnson is bouncier... but my guess is he's returning to Minny or going to Philly if they trade for Simmons.

What I *am* still hoping for is another actual big - a 4/5 or a 5 - ideally Hartenstein (in the event that Simonovic isn't ready to provide offensive ability from the 4 or 5), but Vonleh would be solid enough.

But chances are that the roster is what it is.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#511 » by Jimmy Forums » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:19 pm

MGB8 wrote:
sco wrote:

I doubt that happens. Vanderbit and Alize Johnson are very similar types of players, including sizewise, though Vanderbilt is like a half inch taller but has a notably longer wingspan - 8'10 standing reach as opposed to 8'7, and 7'1 wingspan vs/ 6'8.75.

Same basic skillsets, though. Along with similar guys like Jordan Bell (between the two in W/S and reach, basically same height), DJ Wilson (a little taller and greater W/S and reach, and more shooting, less bball IQ). [Of course Boucher, if we had been able to snag him via trade, is 6'8 w/out shoes with a 7'4 wingspan and 9'2.5 reach - a touch shorter than Wilson but an inch on the length measurements - hence his blocks / interior defense...]. Also Cheick Diallo (6'7.5 w/out shoes but 7'4 w/s, 8'11.5 reach),

Yeah, Vanderbilt is a lot younger, but Johnson is bouncier... but my guess is he's returning to Minny or going to Philly if they trade for Simmons.

What I *am* still hoping for is another actual big - a 4/5 or a 5 - ideally Hartenstein (in the event that Simonovic isn't ready to provide offensive ability from the 4 or 5), but Vonleh would be solid enough.

Vanderbilt and Johnson are alike enough that I don't think we see a move for Vanderbilt anymore, BUT just gotta pop in and say that Johnson is definitely, categorically not "bouncier" than Vanderbilt. In fact I would say the only advantage Johnson has over JV is that he's a great instead of a good rebounder; everything else goes Vanderbilt, in particular his true defensive ability as opposed to just being a biggish body that hustles.

I don't hate Alize, I was just looking for more of a Draymond than a Taj, that's all.
sco
RealGM

Post#512 » by sco » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:36 pm

MGB8 wrote:
sco wrote:

I like Hartenstein too, but I feel like we need another offensively capable SG more than we need a 3rd string offensively capable C.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#513 » by MGB8 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:02 pm

sco wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
sco wrote:So maybe we can optimistically still nab Vanderbilt with TPE trade.

I like Hartenstein too, but I feel like we need another offensively capable SG more than we need a 3rd string offensively capable C.

My fear is what happens if Vuc is hurt. Bradley is fine defensively but no range on offense. Is Simonovic ready to play 20 minutes per game for a stretch at the 5? Or are we going to play a 6'7, 6'8 guy?

I'm more worried about that than offense from the perimeter. If LaVine goes down, and Coby is still hurt, you still have DDR plus shooting from Ball, Caruso, even Pat. But I have to think that they think Coby will be healthy enough - meaning its a 2 players go down issue as opposed to a 1 player goes down issue. And 2 is less likely than 1.
MGB
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#514 » by MGB » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:23 pm

If Vuc had to miss a game I think you would see Bradley starting play 20-24, Marko up to backup C playing say 14-16 and then small ball Alize giving you the rest around 8-12 minutes. For a random game here or there that is fine but admittedly if Vuc had to miss say a couple weeks that would be a problem.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#515 » by StunnerKO » Wed Sep 8, 2021 8:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#516 » by Rowland Garrett » Wed Sep 8, 2021 9:49 pm

sco wrote:With Stan the man on a non-guaranteed deal, I want to nab a vet SG to give us some Coby insurance (injury, slow start, future trade). I'm rooting for Moore...heck even Valentine has more value than Stan.

You lost me at Valentine. But otherwise, maybe.
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#517 » by Rowland Garrett » Wed Sep 8, 2021 9:50 pm

sco wrote:

Now you're talking.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#518 » by bad knees » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:19 am

Rowland Garrett wrote:
sco wrote:

Now you're talking.

It would take a draft pick to get Vanderbilt with our TPE. Bulls can’t make that sort of deal until they see the results of the tampering investigation, which ought to be coming soon.
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#519 » by gardenofsound » Thu Sep 9, 2021 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter

I think the Bulls should invite him to camp and he should have a shot at the roster. I do worry about the Bulls' depth if Vuc or Bradley go down for any length of time.
sco
RealGM

Post#520 » by sco » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:41 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think the Bulls should invite him to camp and he should have a shot at the roster. I do worry about the Bulls' depth if Vuc or Bradley go down for any length of time.

Was thinking the same. He's sucky a defense, but really good on offense. I wonder why he can't find a situation to stick.

Return to Chicago Bulls