ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#541 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 5:50 pm

Should I use Robinhood for Crypto or Get a Coinbase account?

Also, when interest rates do rise. Considering how much should I park it in a savings account if the rates are above 2.5 percent?

TSLA is coming out with the robot no?
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,787

Post#542 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:52 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:Should I use Robinhood for Crypto or Get a Coinbase account?

Also, when interest rates do rise. Considering how much should I park it in a savings account if the rates are above 2.5 percent?

Coinbase Pro for Crypto. Robinhood doesn't allow your to transfer and own your Crypto (at least not yet).

If you are a long term investor, I wouldn't let interest rates effect your strategy. Feds and interest rates is nothing new to the game and there's always speculation that they are going to raise or drop rates (negative rates are a real thing fyi). It's a constant gossip imo.

With the Delta variant and winter months coming, I'm not so sure the fed will raise rates or even stop buying corporate bonds.
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#543 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:38 pm

not trying to be up in anyone's pockets or anything. no numbers talk. just wondering. anyone hit on solana summer?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#544 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Sep 7, 2021 7:37 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:not trying to be up in anyone's pockets or anything. no numbers talk. just wondering. anyone hit on solana summer?

A lot of people on here quietly did
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#545 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:02 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:not trying to be up in anyone's pockets or anything. no numbers talk. just wondering. anyone hit on solana summer?

A lot of people on here quietly did

love it. that's great to know. i am really enjoying listening and learning from the group. as i get more up on things i look forward to contributing more.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
daily_burger
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#546 » by daily_burger » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:09 pm

What the hell happened today lol everything cratered
Stannis
RealGM

Post#547 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:21 pm

daily_burger wrote:What the hell happened today lol everything cratered

These days really don't worry me anymore. Seems to happen every month or so. And I'm still up a lot. And I did most of my buying when BTC was around 35k.

I'm just making a speculated guess.... But I think it was just a chain reaction to BTC falling 5k once it hit the 50k mark.

I'm not sure if I will buy this dip or not though. I have a feeling it will be a red week.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#548 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:33 pm

The whole El Salvador stuff was your typical "sell the news" news stuff. It was bullish news when it was announced a month or two ago. Now it's "sell the news" once they actually passed it.

It's going to be disaster. People in America don't even like using wallets, and we think El Salvador is ready to use it?

El Salvador is your typical corrupt central American country. Anti-Crypto heads will say how this is a failed currency because it failed in El Salvador. But they will fail to realize that Bitcoin was NEVER a currency meant to be forced on people. Bitcoin was more appealing because the freedom it offered. El Salvador forcing it on their citizens is an act of desperation to save their country. I'm not saying it won't work. But it will take a good 5-10 years to see if it is a success.
Free Palestine
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#549 » by Garbagelo » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:10 am

Stannis wrote:The whole El Salvador stuff was your typical "sell the news" news stuff. It was bullish news when it was announced a month or two ago. Now it's "sell the news" once they actually passed it.

It's going to be disaster. People in America don't even like using wallets, and we think El Salvador is ready to use it?

El Salvador is your typical corrupt central American country. Anti-Crypto heads will say how this is a failed currency because it failed in El Salvador. But they will fail to realize that Bitcoin was NEVER a currency meant to be forced on people. Bitcoin was more appealing because the freedom it offered. El Salvador forcing it on their citizens is an act of desperation to save their country. I'm not saying it won't work. But it will take a good 5-10 years to see if it is a success.

Any country that adopts BTC as currency aside from a G20 country is bearish for BTC

It gives extra fud bullets to the existing system to use on us to shake us out because these countries can be easily strongarmed into abandoning it which will many rekt many hodlers sentiment wise

Looking pretty bad for crypto right now after the rejection from 52.8, will re-asses in 2 weeks. Note this is where previous bull runs had their bull trap run to before going into a multi year bear market. I would be at least 50% exiting the market right now. Note, I had not talked about crypto in awhile because I was somewhat expecting this type of scenario. NFTs were the play for the past few months.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#550 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:22 am

Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:The whole El Salvador stuff was your typical "sell the news" news stuff. It was bullish news when it was announced a month or two ago. Now it's "sell the news" once they actually passed it.

Any country that adopts BTC as currency aside from a G20 country is bearish for BTC

It gives extra fud bullets to the existing system to use on us to shake us out because these countries can be easily strongarmed into abandoning it which will many rekt many hodlers sentiment wise

Looking pretty bad for crypto right now after the rejection from 52.8, will re-asses in 2 weeks. Note this is where previous bull runs had their bull trap run to before going into a multi year bear market. I would be at least 50% exiting the market right now. Note, I had not talked about crypto in awhile because I was somewhat expecting this type of scenario. NFTs were the play for the past few months.

Thanks for the input. Always appreciated!

I'm probably not in as heavy as you are (Only like 8% of my portfolio is in Crypto), so I'm just going to stick with it and maybe cost average on the way down.

Please post back with your re-assessment, would love to hear.
Free Palestine
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#551 » by Garbagelo » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:09 am

Stannis wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

I'm probably not in as heavy as you are (Only like 8% of my portfolio is in Crypto), so I'm just going to stick with it and maybe cost average on the way down.

Yes although the market crapped today, it was a good buying opportunity for several alts which are underpriced like DOT, KSM, KAR, SDN, and MOVR.

I feel these DOT ecosystem projects are still completely overlooked for what they are going to bring to the world.

FYI, the crowdloan for MOVR netted me 600% return of my KSM for staking it 11 months, and I am still getting my KSM back after this is over. Essentially got it for free, 5 digit airdrop.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#552 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:06 am

Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

Yes although the market crapped today, it was a good buying opportunity for several alts which are underpriced like DOT, KSM, KAR, SDN, and MOVR.

I feel these DOT ecosystem projects are still completely overlooked for what they are going to bring to the world.

FYI, the crowdloan for MOVR netted me 600% return of my KSM for staking it 11 months, and I am still getting my KSM back after this is over. Essentially got it for free, 5 digit airdrop.

DOT @ 27 still seems like a fair price considering the FUD going on and the fact that it was at 13 not too long ago. It is overlooked. You know more about it than I do. but the only mainstream source I see it mentioned on it Yahoo Finance. Even some supposed Crypto-heads I met in irl don't talk about it much.

I probably should have learned about crowdloans. Grats on the return. I just hold my DOT in an exchange and stake it for 12% lol.

You still like KAR, SDN, and MOVR here?
Free Palestine
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,285

Post#553 » by Zenzibar » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:45 am

I totally disagree. In May I was there after many years of worrying due to crime and let me tell you its one of the most robust economies Ive countered south of the U.S.
Crime is waaayy down, the country is in Love with their young and progressive president Nayib Bukele.
He finally was able to unravel the old and corrupt U.S. backed cronnies and everyone but they are happier for it.
But VP Harris skipped a PanAmerican Conference in El Salvador attended by even Russia and Chinese heads. A definite show of displeasure with the new and fresh blood there and its loosening of U.S. stranglehold.

Going crypto is Bukele's way of a more independence stance away from U.S. dollar and financial dependency, i.e. interest rates, remittance over-charges etc.

While there will be a huge learning curve for the middle age, the younger generation there is going to be 10x more advance than the rest of the world in crypto's inevitability.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#554 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:42 am

knickabocker88 wrote:Should I use Robinhood for Crypto or Get a Coinbase account?

I use kucoin, they sell almost every coin. Robinhood is trash. But if your looking for a similar app, I recommend webull. Webull has like quite a few of the most popular coins in there collection.
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#555 » by Garbagelo » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:26 am

Stannis wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:

DOT @ 27 still seems like a fair price considering the FUD going on and the fact that it was at 13 not too long ago. It is overlooked. You know more about it than I do. but the only mainstream source I see it mentioned on it Yahoo Finance. Even some supposed Crypto-heads I met in irl don't talk about it much.

I probably should have learned about crowdloans. Grats on the return. I just hold my DOT in an exchange and stake it for 12% lol.

You still like KAR, SDN, and MOVR here?

Assuming BTC doesn't continue crashing, which it still may, I am bullish on all 3, especially MOVR which is making ATH after ATH

It is a Layer 1 token kinda like Solana, Algo, Cardano, and Ethereum so it will have smart contracts run on it. It is as fast as Solana and has as cheap fees.

Problem is it has a run up alot recently. I am looking to buy more MOVR on any dip. As for KAR and SDN, I do not see as much potential but still very undervalued for what they are building.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#556 » by HighRyzer83 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:56 am

SEC is trying to create fear and uncertainty by threatening coinbase with a lawsuit. but why threaten and not file? I think it's because they don't really have a legal reason. Maybe the key players know each other and are just trying to fill their bag on a dip, but I think it's simpler than that. SEC is protecting the federal reserve and its dollar because if the people (all over the world) discarded the fiat, the government would lose control. Banks would lose their deeply entrenched stranglehold. He who has the gold makes the rules, and crypto is threatening to shift root value.
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#557 » by Little Italia » Thu Sep 9, 2021 9:48 am

B U Y T H E D I P

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

Post#558 » by Starks » Thu Sep 9, 2021 11:47 am

Binance, FTX or Kucoin.

Coinbase fees are a joke and they don't have a lot of tokens (Pro version maybe). Forget about Robinhood, I'm not even sure you own the crypto you buy there.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#559 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 9, 2021 12:34 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:

I use kucoin, they sell almost every coin. Robinhood is trash. But if your looking for a similar app, I recommend webull. Webull has like quite a few of the most popular coins in there collection.

i've been learning with coinbase, but now that i'm taking crypto investing more seriously kucoin looks like a great choice.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
ophdog
Rookie
And1: 716

Post#560 » by ophdog » Thu Sep 9, 2021 2:39 pm

I used to get all stressed on dip days and all of that. I don't even bat an eye anymore. It almost made my brother crazy lol he sold all.

Return to New York Knicks