Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Re: Wiseman could be like Anthony Randolph 

Post#41 » by floppymoose » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:16 am

FNQ wrote:
azwfan wrote:This and the "transparency" thread have me asking 1 question: When the heck is training camp?

At least football starts this weekend so I'll have that to "bridge the gap" to the NBA season.

That thread reminds me of early college when someone who was crazily coked up or on shrooms or something comes up to you and explains a very, very basic element of life but thinks its deep

I remember one kid who that realization that money was just paper and symbolic of value.. I wonder how that guy is doing right now

That was Kirk Lacob.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#42 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Sep 8, 2021 6:23 am

xdrta+ wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Lacob puts a very high value on Wiseman - more than other teams put on him.

Really? I heard it's all non-transparent and you can't believe anything they say. :-?

Lacob seems pretty vested in him. Personally I don't like owners making roster decisions.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#43 » by watch1958 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 8:44 am

floppymoose wrote:
FNQ wrote:
azwfan wrote:This and the "transparency" thread have me asking 1 question: When the heck is training camp?

At least football starts this weekend so I'll have that to "bridge the gap" to the NBA season.

That thread reminds me of early college when someone who was crazily coked up or on shrooms or something comes up to you and explains a very, very basic element of life but thinks its deep

I remember one kid who that realization that money was just paper and symbolic of value.. I wonder how that guy is doing right now

That was Kirk Lacob.
:lol:
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,250

Post#44 » by ShootersShoot » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:38 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:I still believe Anthony Randolph had big potential.

7 footer with freakish athleticism. There’s a universe where he has some type of Jermaine O’Neal type of trajectory. Bench player first couple years, too young, then matures and someone finds a way to utilize his skill set properly.

I think the biggest forgotten skill about him is that he had LeBron-esque chasedown blocks. Every time someone tried to go to the rim on a fastbreak with AR on the floor I expected it to get blocked 90% of the time lol.

Luckily for Wiseman, he has greater physical tools and is so mature for his age. Also he has the perfect environment around him to begin his career. Literally a recent championship caliber environment whereas those Warriors in 2008 were on the verge of getting shaken up like crazy.

I've always felt perplexed as to why AR couldnt at least find a role/home on a team. I guess he just couldnt play within himself in order to benefit a team. He was inefficient and was a bit turnover prone. Wiseman I do see some of the same issues (trying too hard, inconsistent defensively), but I feel he has a better head on his shoulders and has a more refined offensive skillset.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Post#45 » by GunnerWRX » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:02 am

Steph could have been worse than Tyreke Evans, Rubio, Jonny Flynn, and Brandon Jennings as well.

What's the point?
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#46 » by Commodor » Thu Sep 9, 2021 7:05 am

Kuminga could be the next Dunleavy..
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#47 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Sep 9, 2021 2:16 pm

Commodor wrote:Kuminga could be the next Dunleavy..

Dunleavy could have been the next Kuminga.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#48 » by hamncheese » Thu Sep 9, 2021 2:39 pm

Wiseman needs to work on his lower body strength or he could be like the next Godzilla.

Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#49 » by watch1958 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:12 pm

C’mon. JK will never match Dun’s physical game & aggression.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,898

Post#50 » by whatisacenter » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:15 pm

watch1958 wrote:

Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#51 » by Commodor » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:45 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
watch1958 wrote:

Ahhh the glory days

Return to Golden State Warriors