ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#981 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 pm

Big turnover at WR and CB, McLaurin & Fuller are the only WR & CB returning from last year’s initial 53 man roster.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#982 » by Wizardspride » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:58 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#983 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:11 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The Washington Football Team has signed the following players to the practice squad:
RB Peyton Barber
OL Beau Benzschawel
DE William Bradley-King
WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
C Keith Ismael
CB Danny Johnson
LB Jordan Kunaszyk
G Wes Martin
LB Jared Norris
S Jeremy Reaves
DE Bunmi Rotimi
T David Steinmetz
DT Daniel Wise
DT Gabe Wright
C Jon Toth

Moreland goes on IR but expected to reach a settlement which will allow him to sign somewhere else.
Montez, QB goes to the Lions.
I think there’s room for one more on the PS.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#984 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Sep 1, 2021 8:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?

This could be interesting :)

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#985 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Sep 1, 2021 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#986 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 2, 2021 2:03 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?

I wonder if McKinney's kindofa dinosaur at this point in his career - being a big run-stuffer type who probably doesn't have the quickness and agility he had earlier in his career. Remember Ryan Anderson?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#987 » by BearlyBallin » Thu Sep 2, 2021 3:14 am

Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?

I wonder if McKinney's kindofa dinosaur at this point in his career - being a big run-stuffer type who probably doesn't have the quickness and agility he had earlier in his career. Remember Ryan Anderson?

If the injury has taken away a step then no I’m not interested but is Mayo better ?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#988 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:32 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?

If the injury has taken away a step then no I’m not interested but is Mayo better ?

No, but I noticed when he was playing in preseason game 2, Mayo was the defensive play-caller, and I'm guessing that's why they grabbed him back - they need someone on the bench who understands the D and communicate it on the field.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#989 » by BearlyBallin » Sat Sep 4, 2021 6:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#990 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:34 am

doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

UDFA RB Jaret Patterson

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If you get 1 or 2 UDFA's make the team, you've done well, and I think he'll do that. I think he'll blend well with Gibson, because he's a completely different style runner. He's like Warrick Dunn used to be - a small RB who runs up the middle and is able to instantly see the little creases - runs like a power back with no wasted motion on quick breaking plays, while Gibson is more of an outside runner on slower developing plays. And Patterson can also catch the ball well -according to scouting reports. Along with McKissic, I think that's our RB by committee.

In looking at footage of Jaret Patterson I was struck with how solid, even dominant, the Buffalo front line was in the running game. They didn't just open holes they frogmarched opposing lines backwards up the field. I don't know who they had on that squad, but if any went undrafted shoot, scouts should be looking.

WFT just signed the LT from Buffalo to the practice squad.
Evin Ksiezarczyk, 6’6” 315 lbs

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#991 » by Wizardspride » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:33 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#992 » by doclinkin » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:05 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Unimpressed.

I'm expecting Commanders. It will make Danny feel tough. He will call himself the Commander in Chief.
ARMADA has good symmetry in the word itself, good for logos.
Brigade will start playground fights when said with a sneer.
Defenders, yeah, if our defense stinks it will be ironic and mockable.
Presidents, in any given year half the country hates the other side's president. No. Let the Nationals have the big headed mascots.
Red Hogs would be kinda stupid, funny logo, mockable but in on the joke.
Red Wolves could have the best logo, but both of the Red Word names are kinda clumsy to say.

Okay I'll let the mascots decide. If you had them fight it out in an arena here would be the standings.

Armada -- Home turf: everyone else would drown. Away: even in drydock one aircraft carrier has all the ordnance you need to win any fight.
Brigade -- It's close. 5,000 troops would put up a good fight. But again, artillery won't work underwater.
Defenders -- vague enough to apply to various forces. But they are reactive, not invading forces. They might win but only like Viet Cong did, by attrition and outlasting the siege.
Red Wolves -- Okay they'd be shot and drowned, but still, in any hand to hand contest I'm betting on the wolf. Pit 5000 troops with no commanders (they're on another team) vs 5000 wolves, that would be a good fight to watch.
Commanders -- sounds like they'd win, but not if the armada or brigade has turned against them. Or if it is an enemy armada/brigade. And really, by the time your commanders are in face to face combat you have lost the battle if not the war. Still, they probably have sidearms and a staff and some guards.
Red Hogs -- I mean, hogs can grow really large, and savagely hungry. They will fight to the death and then still get their last licks in when they are dying. They just aren't as organized. And they taste delicious.
Presidents -- We are talking old rich men. You or I could take any one of them in a slapfight.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#993 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 8, 2021 11:32 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Ruzious wrote:If you get 1 or 2 UDFA's make the team, you've done well, and I think he'll do that. I think he'll blend well with Gibson, because he's a completely different style runner. He's like Warrick Dunn used to be - a small RB who runs up the middle and is able to instantly see the little creases - runs like a power back with no wasted motion on quick breaking plays, while Gibson is more of an outside runner on slower developing plays. And Patterson can also catch the ball well -according to scouting reports. Along with McKissic, I think that's our RB by committee.

In looking at footage of Jaret Patterson I was struck with how solid, even dominant, the Buffalo front line was in the running game. They didn't just open holes they frogmarched opposing lines backwards up the field. I don't know who they had on that squad, but if any went undrafted shoot, scouts should be looking.

WFT just signed the LT from Buffalo to the practice squad.
Evin Ksiezarczyk, 6’6” 315 lbs

He started 39 games at LT for the Buffalo Bulls. Hasn't made it in the NFL yet because nobody could pronounce his name.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#994 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 8, 2021 11:36 am

Who thought that Red Hogs made sense? I think some of the names are there just to make the others look better in comparison. That's probably why I'm thinking Armada sounds decent.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#995 » by doclinkin » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:00 pm

Ruzious wrote:Who thought that Red Hogs made sense? I think some of the names are there just to make the others look better in comparison. That's probably why I'm thinking Armada sounds decent.

People who want the "Red" part and who remember the Hogs offensive line from the prehistoric era when the team used to be good. Old diehards. It's dumb but kinda funny. I can't see anyone rooting for the swine though. So to speak.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#996 » by Wizardspride » Wed Sep 8, 2021 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#997 » by Ruzious » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:07 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

On the positive side, he looked really quick in that short video. One year, Gary Clark had a hamstring that bothered him the entire year - and he couldn't practice, but he played. Maybe that's going to have to be what Samuels does. But how does he stay in shape? I guess nowadays they have ways - like running in water or using special stationary machines. Maybe there's a... magic potion they can find. :dontknow:
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#998 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Sep 8, 2021 11:53 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

On the positive side, he looked really quick in that short video. One year, Gary Clark had a hamstring that bothered him the entire year - and he couldn't practice, but he played. Maybe that's going to have to be what Samuels does. But how does he stay in shape? I guess nowadays they have ways - like running in water or using special stationary machines. Maybe there's a... magic potion they can find. :dontknow:

I think they test for that magic potion these days
In Rizzo we trust
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#999 » by gambitx777 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 2:53 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I think they test for that magic potion these days
They "test"

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#1000 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

:banghead:

~ Confucius about 500 BC

Return to Washington Wizards