ImageImageImageImage

Official UCF Sports Thread - Basketball: NIT Bid? Football: Spring Practice Underway

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Re: UCF Football: vs Boise State (Thursday/ESPN) 

Post#1541 » by UCF » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:57 pm

Read on Twitter
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#1542 » by UCF » Fri Sep 3, 2021 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Appreciate the quality of the broadcast we’re fortunate to have.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1543 » by nymets1 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 12:19 am

I thought the game was going to get postponed. I kept hanging around at the stadium waiting for the official word and than they said the game starts at 9:45. I noticed as soon as I entered the stadium, Nobody ever checked my ticket so I assume people got in for free. I didn't like the game was going to go past midnight but i would stay if the game stayed within in reach and this was my 1st sporting event since February last year so I was kinda desperate to make the most of being back at a sporting event.

We cameback to win from a 21 point deficit + Dillion Gabriel threw 2 picks. That's bad news for our opponents "hoping" to try to beat us. Any team that gets a 14 to 21 point lead on us, WE NEVER OUT OF THE GAME. Hopefully it helps when we play vs Memphis and at Cincinnati cause we need those wins to get control over the top of the conference.

I didn't know who would be the starting RB and obviously it's Bowser. I'm used to multiple RB'S getting snaps throughout the game(Killings, Anderson, Mccrae, Thompson, etc) and this game I think Richardson only played 4 snaps and Bowser played the rest. I think Bowser got 98% of the snaps which is unlike for UCF. I started yelling BOWSER in the 2nd quarter once he started to get some good runs and the people around me starting to get involved with Bowser in the 3rd quarter.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#1544 » by OrlandoMagic » Sat Sep 4, 2021 3:07 am

Being at the game you tend to notice a lot more than people do while watching On TV. A few things I saw:

Our run defense was spot on.
DG looked a bit lost on offense.
Boise St has a pretty damn good fan base making the trip all the way down here.
Even with the smaller crowd we sounded louder than ever.
Dominos pizza on campus completely sucks.
Duradero
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#1545 » by Duradero » Sat Sep 4, 2021 10:02 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:Being at the game you tend to notice a lot more than people do while watching On TV. A few things I saw:

Our run defense was spot on.
DG looked a bit lost on offense.
Boise St has a pretty damn good fan base making the trip all the way down here.
Even with the smaller crowd we sounded louder than ever.
Dominos pizza on campus completely sucks.

Dude you're insane the dominoes pizza was great for $5
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,413

Post#1546 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Sep 6, 2021 4:24 am

Anyone else filled with joy at watching KZ get into the FSU game tonight? Perhaps a botched snap away from leading an epic comeback in regulation. Wound up losing in OT. FSU needs to start him going forward, he was unreal for a guy who hasn't played in nearly 3 years. So happy for him to just get back on the field.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Post#1547 » by tiderulz » Mon Sep 6, 2021 1:52 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:Anyone else filled with joy at watching KZ get into the FSU game tonight? Perhaps a botched snap away from leading an epic comeback in regulation. Wound up losing in OT. FSU needs to start him going forward, he was unreal for a guy who hasn't played in nearly 3 years. So happy for him to just get back on the field.

i watched that and FSU got too smart. their kicker actually made the longer field goal. then got iced by his own coach to get closer and missed.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#1548 » by OrlandoMagic » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:38 pm

Milton should start after this game. Travis looked horrible. Milton comes in and just watching it on TV you could sense things are turning. But with that being said Milton is also one majors hit away from his career being ended. He needs a much better O-Line
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1549 » by nymets1 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:39 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:Anyone else filled with joy at watching KZ get into the FSU game tonight? Perhaps a botched snap away from leading an epic comeback in regulation. Wound up losing in OT. FSU needs to start him going forward, he was unreal for a guy who hasn't played in nearly 3 years. So happy for him to just get back on the field.

Why he didn't start for FSU, I don't get. He's definetly better than Travis. Milton better be the starter cause why transfer to FSU if your the backup when maybe you could have stayed at UCF unless your promised the starting job elsewhere. But FSU hasn't declared him the starter.

nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1550 » by nymets1 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:41 pm

tiderulz wrote:

i watched that and FSU got too smart. their kicker actually made the longer field goal. then got iced by his own coach to get closer and missed.

I thought i saw a tweet from either College Gameday or someone on twitter Saturday that Alabama was the only team in the top 25 that lived up to the ranking. There's no way only 1 team out of the top 25 teams looked good, Florida Gators definetly looked good.

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1551 » by tiderulz » Tue Sep 7, 2021 12:56 am

nymets1 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I thought i saw a tweet from either College Gameday or someone on twitter Saturday that Alabama was the only team in the top 25 that lived up to the ranking. There's no way only 1 team out of the top 25 teams looked good, Florida Gators definetly looked good.

probably competition. FAU isnt exactly a powerhouse. Penn St went into Wisconsin, not always an easy place to play. OSU won by 2 td's at Minnesota who was in the Big10 championship game 2 years ago. #18 Iowa beat #17 Indiana by 28.

but there were a lot of "struggle wins" by top ranked teams. I wont say Bama was the only team to look good though.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#1552 » by UCF » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:21 pm

Read on Twitter
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1553 » by nymets1 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:19 am

Bowser reminds me of Bortles. Both wear #5, their body seem similar. Bortles is a little more taller.

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Re: UCF Football: vs BCU / Big 12 

Post#1554 » by UCF » Wed Sep 8, 2021 11:56 pm

craig01 wrote:What a great day

What a perfect day

Let all of the naysayers over the years begin to some "crow"

Spectacular day
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#1555 » by UCF » Thu Sep 9, 2021 8:31 pm

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#1556 » by EasternMagic » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:05 am

Where's that USF guy who used to always talk trash in here? Love to hear from him.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#1557 » by UCF » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:52 am

EasternMagic wrote:Where's that USF guy who used to always talk trash in here? Love to hear from him.

:lol: a few consecutive losses and haven’t heard from him since. He loved saying UCiF

Read on Twitter
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Re: UCF Football: vs BCU / Big 12 news 

Post#1558 » by UCF » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:01 pm

It’s finally happened….

Read on Twitter
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1559 » by tiderulz » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:33 pm

UCF wrote:It’s finally happened….

Read on Twitter

a little surprising. With all the angst that people had with the Longhorn network and BYU going independent and starting their own TV network. I wonder how that shakes out
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,413

Post#1560 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:47 pm

UCF wrote:It’s finally happened….

Read on Twitter

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYU's announcement says 2023, so it seems that's the date they're most confident that play will begin, which is great. But apparently there's a slim chance it could be next season (2022). I imagine there's a LOT of discussions going on regarding buyouts, both on the AAC side as well as the BigXII (Texas and Oklahoma) side.

Return to Orlando Magic