ImageImageImageImage

E'Twaun Moore Returns to Orlando on 1 year deal

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,720

Re: E'Twaun Moore Returns to Orlando on 1 year deal 

Post#21 » by basketballRob » Thu Sep 9, 2021 3:01 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Another guard ?

Hammond right now

Magic depth chart:

PG: Cole, Fultz, Suggs
SG: Harris, Hampton, Ross, Moore

SF: nobody

PF. Isaac, Wagner, Okeke
C: 3 bench players
They could be angling for Bartelstein's other client, MPJ.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#22 » by jonbob17 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:46 pm

basketballRob wrote:

Hammond right now

Magic depth chart:

PF. Isaac, Wagner, Okeke

You are giving them far too much credit.

Or maybe we could have drafted Bartelstein's other client, Jared Butler. Or maybe we are making a run at Bartelstein's other, other client Brad Beal.

Maybe Moore is a great guy, i don't know. Personally I'd rather have something that pays dividends down the road, someone like Ennis at least might be able to be moved at the deadline. No, I don't want Ennis, but it would be better than this signing, unless E'twaun is just the like the best teammate ever.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#23 » by drsd » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:58 pm

jonbob17 wrote:Maybe Moore is a great guy, i don't know. Personally I'd rather have something that pays dividends down the road, someone like Ennis at least might be able to be moved at the deadline. No, I don't want Ennis, but it would be better than this signing, unless E'twaun is just the like the best teammate ever.

Yes Ennis is a better fit, but he probably wants more than the cap-resistant contract Moore got. These one-year LLE vet deals are great for the cap.

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#24 » by Furinkazan » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:06 pm

I love how after being an sg/pg his whole life he suddenly became a wing in Josh Robins narration :))
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#25 » by Furinkazan » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:09 pm

Xatticus wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:There goes the ben Gordon/ willie green signing. Lol I actually liked 3twan Moore the couple of years he played in orlando. Don't see how he will play much if the focus is truly on youth movement. Why not hop on a playoff team as a 12 guy instead of a bottom feeder? I guess it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things lol

We probably were the only one to offer that 2.8 price tag

He got the minimum.

This is a pointless signing. He will be gone in a year. We could've used the roster spot more productively.

I just hope he wont eat our young players minutes as Bacon did last year.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#26 » by basketballRob » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:30 pm

jonbob17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Hammond right now

Magic depth chart:

PF. Isaac, Wagner, Okeke

You are giving them far too much credit.

Or maybe we could have drafted Bartelstein's other client, Jared Butler. Or maybe we are making a run at Bartelstein's other, other client Brad Beal.

Maybe Moore is a great guy, i don't know. Personally I'd rather have something that pays dividends down the road, someone like Ennis at least might be able to be moved at the deadline. No, I don't want Ennis, but it would be better than this signing, unless E'twaun is just the like the best teammate ever.
I doubt it would have anything to do with Beal. Washington has plenty of room to extend him. MPJ is in a different position. He's probably a max player, but Denver is a small market team with 2 max players already.

Weltman could offer a 4 year max guarantee, if MPJ plays out the season without an extension.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#27 » by jonbob17 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 7:10 pm

basketballRob wrote:I doubt it would have anything to do with Beal. Washington has plenty of room to extend him. MPJ is in a different position. He's probably a max player, but Denver is a small market team with 2 max players already.

Weltman could offer a 4 year max guarantee, if MPJ plays out the season without an extension.

Of course it doesn't have anything to do with Beal, just like it doesn't have anything to do with MPJ. That agent has dozens of clients.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Post#28 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Sep 9, 2021 7:19 pm

Solid vet who provides insurance at both guard spots. I liked him when he was with the Magic so I'm good with him being here again.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#29 » by basketballRob » Thu Sep 9, 2021 7:53 pm

jonbob17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I doubt it would have anything to do with Beal. Washington has plenty of room to extend him. MPJ is in a different position. He's probably a max player, but Denver is a small market team with 2 max players already.

Of course it doesn't have anything to do with Beal, just like it doesn't have anything to do with MPJ. That agent has dozens of clients.
Around 30.

Bartelstein colluded with Charlotte before Gordon Hayward opted out. He knew he had a contract waiting for him.

Moore is still a good vet.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#30 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:06 am

MCW is out for a bit so it makes sense IMO. Good vet presence who’s had a taste of the finals.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#31 » by drsd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:04 am

Blue_and_Whte wrote:MCW is out for a bit so it makes sense IMO. Good vet presence who’s had a taste of the finals.

Moore will split 3rd-string duties at both guard spots and could easily get to 40-50 games played. And that's before considering injuries.

As I said above, for me this is really about player development. Moore's role is to work with Suggs, Antony, Fultz, and Hampton on their games.Of that list, I would think the priority, perhaps surprisingly, is Hampton. I say this as Hampton's game is actually kind of similar to Moore's. Hampton needs to evolve to move from on to off-the ball. If Hampton is going to start in the NBA eventually, it needs to be as a SG. Moore's career had a similar transition.

Return to Orlando Magic