ImageImageImageImageImage

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now?

Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 76

Johnny355
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Do You Now Trade Draymond, Other Pieces/Picks for Simmons Now? 

Post#101 » by Johnny355 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:44 pm

Warriors in: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris

76ers in: CJ McCollum, Andrew Wiggins

Trailblazers in: Draymond Green

Thoughts?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#102 » by and1GS » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:00 pm

No.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#103 » by a8bil » Tue Sep 7, 2021 9:02 pm

Johnny355 wrote:Warriors in: Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris

Thoughts?

So GSW ships out $56 million in contracts this year for $69 million....and perhaps does not improve itself in the process? Why?
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#104 » by Ilovethebay » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:54 pm

a8bil wrote:

Thoughts?

So GSW ships out $56 million in contracts this year for $69 million....and perhaps does not improve itself in the process? Why?

Without looking at the cost, this wouldn't be a bad deal talent wise imho. The talent gap between Harris and Wiggins is a lot bigger than the "perceived" gap between Green and Simmons. While most will disagree, Simmons 14ppg/58TS% vs Greens 7ppg/53TS% offsets whatever advantage people feel Green has over Simmons. Doesn't matter, Philly would laugh at the offer.
Johnny355
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#105 » by Johnny355 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:57 pm

a8bil wrote:

Thoughts?

Disagree. Here is why.

Warriors are better balanced in both shooting and ball handling. Add in Wiseman at the 5 w/ Porter Jr, Poole, Looney, JTA and Iggy off the bench that’s a deep 10 man rotation. Not even mentioning the rooks…. They extend their window with Simmons who is younger then Draymond (he is not going to age well…much respect for what he has already given but you make moves before a player declines) . Harris isn’t much of a downgrade (maybe defensively) from Wiggins and is a more reliable outside shooter.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#106 » by DevinVassell » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:25 pm

^ Again this INCREASES the payroll for the team that already has the highest payroll in the league and is already paying ridiculous amounts of luxury tax.

Any trade that INCREASES our payroll is a non-starter.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#107 » by and1GS » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:38 pm

I also think it is wildly underrated how valuable Draymond is to our very specific team dynamic. He's been here his whole career with Steph/Klay - that trio is our ticket back to a finals appearance. Without that chemistry and leadership we're now expecting Ben/Steph/Klay to achieve greater heights? Just doesn't make sense to me.

In general I don't believe in trading Draymond. When he pays attention he's the best defender in the NBA. And he pays attention in the playoffs. That's without mentioning the leadership and winning culture he brings. That's not easy to replicate in real life.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#108 » by FNQ » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:17 am

and1GS wrote:I also think it is wildly underrated how valuable Draymond is to our very specific team dynamic. He's been here his whole career with Steph/Klay - that trio is our ticket back to a finals appearance. Without that chemistry and leadership we're now expecting Ben/Steph/Klay to achieve greater heights? Just doesn't make sense to me.

In general I don't believe in trading Draymond. When he pays attention he's the best defender in the NBA. And he pays attention in the playoffs. That's without mentioning the leadership and winning culture he brings. That's not easy to replicate in real life.

The idea that Simmons steps into Dray's role and we not only dont miss a beat, but get better..

The best part of the dynasty run was the absence of crazy ideas because we didnt need to get any better
TravelFrog
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#109 » by TravelFrog » Thu Sep 9, 2021 5:10 pm

As most say, Draymond and Simmons together is a bit redundant. Not saying it couldn't work, but let's just say it's not ideal. And the fact that Draymond may start becoming a headache after the KD interview, I think he should be included in the trade. The trade I see (and works salary wise) is one of two:

Trade 1
Warriors get Simmons
76ers get McCollum and Kuminga
Blazers get Green and Moody

Lillard really wants Draymond, and they also get Moody to give them SG replacement. PHI gets a proven scorer that works better next to Embiid than Simmons, and also gets a "potential" stud in Kuminga. Warriors get a younger version of Green that is better on offense (let's ignore the 4th qtr FTs for now...).

That gives the following lineup for the Warriors:
First Team: Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Simmons, Wiseman
Second Team: Poole, Lee, Porter/JTA, Iggy, Looney/Bjelica

That looks like a really nice team to me. Maybe add Collison for 2nd team PG minutes, but between Iggy and Poole, I think that is covered.

The Trade 2 scenario would replace Kuminga/Moody with Wiseman. I don't like this trade as much, but salary wise works.

I hate to trade Draymond because of his heart and also his chemistry with Curry. But he will physically wear down soon, and as mentioned earlier, he may start becoming a distraction.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,560

Post#110 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:36 pm

TravelFrog wrote:As most say, Draymond and Simmons together is a bit redundant. Not saying it couldn't work, but let's just say it's not ideal. And the fact that Draymond may start becoming a headache after the KD interview, I think he should be included in the trade. The trade I see (and works salary wise) is one of two:

Trade 1
Warriors get Simmons

Lillard really wants Draymond, and they also get Moody to give them SG replacement. PHI gets a proven scorer that works better next to Embiid than Simmons, and also gets a "potential" stud in Kuminga. Warriors get a younger version of Green that is better on offense (let's ignore the 4th qtr FTs for now...).

That looks like a really nice team to me. Maybe add Collison for 2nd team PG minutes, but between Iggy and Poole, I think that is covered.

The Trade 2 scenario would replace Kuminga/Moody with Wiseman. I don't like this trade as much, but salary wise works.

I hate to trade Draymond because of his heart and also his chemistry with Curry. But he will physically wear down soon, and as mentioned earlier, he may start becoming a distraction.

I'm not a fan of trading Draymond, but even if we were going to do that, I think his value is sufficiently close to Simmons that adding both Moody and Kuminga seems like an overpay.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#111 » by Coxy » Thu Sep 9, 2021 10:51 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
TravelFrog wrote:As most say, Draymond and Simmons together is a bit redundant. Not saying it couldn't work, but let's just say it's not ideal. And the fact that Draymond may start becoming a headache after the KD interview, I think he should be included in the trade. The trade I see (and works salary wise) is one of two:

Trade 1
Warriors get Simmons

I'm not a fan of trading Draymond, but even if we were going to do that, I think his value is sufficiently close to Simmons that adding both Moody and Kuminga seems like an overpay.

It's completely ludicrous.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Post#112 » by superunknown » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 pm

adding kumi and moody would be a deal breaker for me, even adding just moody.
green and simmons are pretty similar in an hypotethic trade, with the former being more experienced and battle tested at the highest level and the latter being younger and less banged up.
simmons also brings many question marks with him and right now his value is at the minimum, no way after putting dray on the table (already debatable) you'd add kumi or moody. that'd be ridiculous. same the wiseman, unless in this last mentioned scenario (the wiseman) together with simmons dubs take home an additional useful player (seth curry? thybulle? covington? maxey?). but even this is debatable because we're already thin center wise, such move would require one more signing in the frontcourt.
kumi is off the table regardless as far as I'm concerned. not just in an hyphotetic simmons trade, in general.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#113 » by Rastas » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:57 pm

So
Player A with season stats of 7.0/7.1/8.9 on the leagues 15th best performing team at age 31 and 2 years of contract

Is worth almost the same as

Player B with season stats of 14.3/7.2/6.9 on the leagues 3rd best performing team at age 25 with 4 years of contract

Some of you guys gotta tell me where and what you been drinking
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#114 » by whatisacenter » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Rastas wrote:So
Player A with season stats of 7.0/7.1/8.9 on the leagues 15th best performing team at age 31 and 2 years of contract

Player B with season stats of 14.3/7.2/6.9 on the leagues 3rd best performing team at age 25 with 4 years of contract

Just to let you know, right or wrong, most Warriors' fans value Draymond far higher than they do Ben especially in light of how the 76ers playoffs ended. The stats don't tell the whole story and Dray's heart has never been questioned. Most fans here wouldn't even trade Wiggins straight up for Ben.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#115 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:03 pm

DevinVassell wrote:Any trade that INCREASES our payroll is a non-starter.

I'm pretty sure that's not true
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#116 » by whatisacenter » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:42 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:Any trade that INCREASES our payroll is a non-starter.

I'm pretty sure that's not true

I think the returning player would have to be a massive game changer for the Dubs to increase their already league leading payroll by any significant amount.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#117 » by Warriorfan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:08 pm

Though Simmons is more talented winning championships with Green in GS is known. It's not a good thing a multi time all star on a long term deal needs to be traded.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,196

Post#118 » by Outside » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:16 pm

There's context. Like why Team B is trying reeeeally hard to unload player B. And team A is just fine keeping player A.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#119 » by clyde21 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 pm

lol @ trading Dray/Minga/Moody for Simmons.

lost yall minds.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#120 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Most of us don't play fantasy basketball so these stat lines don't mean anything.

Besides, we should obviously just trade Draymond for saving so we can sign Monta Ellis. Remember when he went 25/5/5 for us? I'm sure we could use some of that. Hell Eric Paschall averaged 14 points as a rookie, why didnt he start over Draymond?

Man, I do love advanced metrics. I think when I started in this forum, the above argument and Hollinger's long-discarded PER were the only ways to evaluate players

Return to Golden State Warriors