ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,284

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#561 » by Zenzibar » Thu Sep 9, 2021 4:38 pm

For a newbie, what would any of you recommend for under a $1?
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#562 » by HighRyzer83 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:44 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:
knickabocker88 wrote:Should I use Robinhood for Crypto or Get a Coinbase account?

Also, when interest rates do rise. Considering how much should I park it in a savings account if the rates are above 2.5 percent?

TSLA is coming out with the robot no?

I use kucoin, they sell almost every coin. Robinhood is trash. But if your looking for a similar app, I recommend webull. Webull has like quite a few of the most popular coins in there collection.

i've been learning with coinbase, but now that i'm taking crypto investing more seriously kucoin looks like a great choice.

And they don't report to the IRS ;)
You can set futures and short the market. Set up bots to buy/sell for you on your own limits. Take or offer crypto loans and set your own interest rates. No SS number or ID required. Really a brilliant app.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,761

Post#563 » by Stannis » Thu Sep 9, 2021 6:51 pm

Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:
Yes although the market crapped today, it was a good buying opportunity for several alts which are underpriced like DOT, KSM, KAR, SDN, and MOVR.

I feel these DOT ecosystem projects are still completely overlooked for what they are going to bring to the world.

FYI, the crowdloan for MOVR netted me 600% return of my KSM for staking it 11 months, and I am still getting my KSM back after this is over. Essentially got it for free, 5 digit airdrop.

DOT @ 27 still seems like a fair price considering the FUD going on and the fact that it was at 13 not too long ago. It is overlooked. You know more about it than I do. but the only mainstream source I see it mentioned on it Yahoo Finance. Even some supposed Crypto-heads I met in irl don't talk about it much.

I probably should have learned about crowdloans. Grats on the return. I just hold my DOT in an exchange and stake it for 12% lol.

You still like KAR, SDN, and MOVR here?

Assuming BTC doesn't continue crashing, which it still may, I am bullish on all 3, especially MOVR which is making ATH after ATH

It is a Layer 1 token kinda like Solana, Algo, Cardano, and Ethereum so it will have smart contracts run on it. It is as fast as Solana and has as cheap fees.

Problem is it has a run up alot recently. I am looking to buy more MOVR on any dip. As for KAR and SDN, I do not see as much potential but still very undervalued for what they are building.

Insane run up on all 3. Holy cow
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#564 » by Stannis » Thu Sep 9, 2021 7:10 pm

I think steel stocks will have a good October when they most report earnings.

Aluminum record prices are making headlines on mainstream news, and Aluminum stocks like $AA have been jumping mostly on that. I think steel stocks will be next. I'm looking at $CLF, $NUE and maybe $X (only for the namesake) and $STLD
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,859

Post#565 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Sep 9, 2021 7:15 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:I use kucoin, they sell almost every coin. Robinhood is trash. But if your looking for a similar app, I recommend webull. Webull has like quite a few of the most popular coins in there collection.

i've been learning with coinbase, but now that i'm taking crypto investing more seriously kucoin looks like a great choice.

You can set futures and short the market. Set up bots to buy/sell for you on your own limits. Take or offer crypto loans and set your own interest rates. No SS number or ID required. Really a brilliant app.

well, damn. duly noted. thanks for the info.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#566 » by Garbagelo » Thu Sep 9, 2021 8:49 pm

Stannis wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:
DOT @ 27 still seems like a fair price considering the FUD going on and the fact that it was at 13 not too long ago. It is overlooked. You know more about it than I do. but the only mainstream source I see it mentioned on it Yahoo Finance. Even some supposed Crypto-heads I met in irl don't talk about it much.

I probably should have learned about crowdloans. Grats on the return. I just hold my DOT in an exchange and stake it for 12% lol.

You still like KAR, SDN, and MOVR here?

Assuming BTC doesn't continue crashing, which it still may, I am bullish on all 3, especially MOVR which is making ATH after ATH

It is a Layer 1 token kinda like Solana, Algo, Cardano, and Ethereum so it will have smart contracts run on it. It is as fast as Solana and has as cheap fees.

Problem is it has a run up alot recently. I am looking to buy more MOVR on any dip. As for KAR and SDN, I do not see as much potential but still very undervalued for what they are building.

Insane run up on all 3. Holy cow

Don't you just love it when something you talk about suddenly start pumping right after lol
HighRyzer83
RealGM

Post#567 » by HighRyzer83 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:02 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Yeah I'm all about not entertaining the idea that the government should stick their noses in crypto until it becomes a bill and passes the house and Senate they can get lost. Interesting how quickly they needed to get involved when people started thriving financially without them. It's not just funny interwebs money is it? F them lol.

Another app that doesn't report is called hodlenaut. They currently offer 12.73% on stablecoin. I'm using them as a savings account for almost 2 months. Also Singapore based so the US can't control them. It's the beauty of the internet, now we have options. Those sticking to US based exchanges may be shortchanging themselves.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#568 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:29 pm

Damn, the bottom just fell out on that Shiba coin, huh?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#569 » by bigfnjoe96 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Sold all my coins and jumped into AMC and have been riding and HODL... Still time to get in before the MOASS...

Shorts are trapped, and sooner or later will need to cover their positions. Markets are starting to show some violatility.

MSM laughed and claimed people should have got out at 77 in June. That AMC was on its way back to 5.00

Well after a rough 2 months, we're at 50.00 again and it's just getting stronger.

Fed about to default on debt. China's biggest real estate co. Evergrande is about to go under.

All kinds of market regulations are being put in effect by the SEC, FINRA, DTCC and the NSCC...

Get in while you can. Man it's a great time to alive!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#570 » by N Y K » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:23 am

ophdog wrote:I used to get all stressed on dip days and all of that. I don't even bat an eye anymore. It almost made my brother crazy lol he sold all.

never bat an eye. never.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#571 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Garbagelo wrote:Don't you just love it when something you talk about suddenly start pumping right after lol

I just gotta buy these dips harder haha. I didn't buy enough. I gotta stop trying to DCA with Crypto like I do with stocks.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#572 » by Stannis » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:54 pm

DOT has grown to be my largest crypto holding this last week.
Free Palestine
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#573 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 pm

Stannis wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:Don't you just love it when something you talk about suddenly start pumping right after lol

I just gotta buy these dips harder haha. I didn't buy enough. I gotta stop trying to DCA with Crypto like I do with stocks.

the volatility is so scary, but word.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HighRyzer83
RealGM

Post#574 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:15 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:Damn, the bottom just fell out on that Shiba coin, huh?

It was a **** anyway. Literally no utility use for it. Why would anyone invest in that?
On a side note I kinda like that crypto is down, time to reload. I predicted cardano would correct after the smart contracts fever dies down. Now is another chance to stock and stake.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#575 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:35 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:Damn, the bottom just fell out on that Shiba coin, huh?

It was a **** anyway. Literally no utility use for it. Why would anyone invest in that?
On a side note I kinda like that crypto is down, time to reload. I predicted cardano would correct after the smart contracts fever dies down. Now is another chance to stock and stake.

I hear ya. Also, I recognized the bottom didn’t really fall out but there was some kind of weird error in coinbase that day.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#576 » by bigfnjoe96 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:54 pm

HBAR?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#577 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 am

What could the market fall out be from an Evergrande collapse in China?

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#578 » by br7knicks » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:30 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

i made the mistake of using coinbase to buy my ETH, when i had robinhood to buy it win. i do think robinhood is trash, but i need alternatives that also offer free transactions.

i signed up for webull, but never looked into it. i didn't realize it had crypto.

i'd have concern with a group not reporting to the IRS. don't get me wrong, i think it's terrible that the IRS/government tries to take money from us and our crypto. but they always seem to find a way to get what they want. i'd just be concerned.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#579 » by br7knicks » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:31 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:What could the market fall out be from an Evergrande collapse in China?

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

i just watched some news on that. i think they'll bounce back fine. but now would be the time to buy up in that
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#580 » by br7knicks » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 am

N Y K wrote:
ophdog wrote:I used to get all stressed on dip days and all of that. I don't even bat an eye anymore. It almost made my brother crazy lol he sold all.

never bat an eye. never.

i used to go crazy on dip days, too. but i've learned to just buy more.

that's why i just moved some money around, and have 500 shares of RYLD and 400 of QYLD. i want those monthly dividends to then build up that money and buy more heavily on the dips.

i don't have a lot more money saved, so i want to generate it somewhere.
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to New York Knicks