ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer Runs and Random Player Sightings

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,266

Re: Summer Runs and Random Player Sightings 

Post#161 » by ruckus » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:35 pm

I can see Nurse closing games out with Fred, Gary, Scottie, OG and Pascal. Scottie looks like he can be special.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#162 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Scottie looks great.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,046

Post#163 » by HiJiNX » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:13 pm

This guy is going to be scary good.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
scuervo1
Junior
And1: 366

Post#164 » by scuervo1 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:48 pm

Just out of curiosity, where are the Jalen Suggs videos? Lol
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,917

Post#165 » by Vorticity » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:07 pm

scuervo1 wrote:Just out of curiosity, where are the Jalen Suggs videos? Lol

he's recovering from a thumb injury
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#166 » by tdotrep2 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:12 pm

Ackshun wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

First time in a while I've heard a guy can defend 1 through 4 and actually believed it.

we literally have OG on our team
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#167 » by OhCanada1091 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:15 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

First time in a while I've heard a guy can defend 1 through 4 and actually believed it.

Siakam has also been doing it from day one. Effectively.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,427

Post#168 » by Jcity08 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:33 pm

Scotties defense and energy is already elite.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#169 » by LiSTWithLani » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm

I am imagining 85+% of our minutes go to
Flynn/ FVV/ (Dragic/) TrentJr/ Barnes/ Anunoby/ Siakam/ Boucher/ Precious (/Birch).
Those guys are all 27 or younger (except the two in brackets). Can't wait!!

Lani@LaniStern.com
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#170 » by Ackshun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:29 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:

They cant guard quicker, smaller guards the way Barnes is showing.

Edit. I should correct myself. OG is a lock down defender on the perimeter. He is damn near close but I'd say he guards 2-4 very well. Barnes look like he is on a different level.

Pascal and his d is over rated. Nope.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#171 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:35 am

Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:we literally have OG on our team

Incorrect. In the first game if the 2019-20 season against the Pels, OG totally locked down Jrue on the game's final possession. It was a clinic, the way Scottie on Donovan is in the above clip.

And we know OG in his rookie season could cover Harden, whatever you call his position.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,676

Post#172 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:43 am

I see everybody's finally coming around to the Scottie bandwagon.
Ackshun
General Manager

Post#173 » by Ackshun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:44 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:Siakam has also been doing it from day one. Effectively.

Incorrect. In the first game if the 2019-20 season against the Pels, OG totally locked down Jrue on the game's final possession. It was a clinic, the way Scottie on Donovan is in the above clip.

And we know OG in his rookie season could cover Harden, whatever you call his position.

Yeah he definitely has shown it. But I don't consider Jrue to be an explosive guard.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#174 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:03 am

Ackshun wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:

Yeah he definitely has shown it. But I don't consider Jrue to be an explosive guard.

Well Im not sure what you are basing that off of but Im just gonna present new information to you because to be fair whether or not you consider him to be explosive does not actually determine whether or not he is explosive. Hes definitely got top tier athleticism.

execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,170

Post#175 » by execoftheyear » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:32 am

Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:

Edit. I should correct myself. OG is a lock down defender on the perimeter. He is damn near close but I'd say he guards 2-4 very well. Barnes look like he is on a different level.

Pascal's defense is not overrated. He's a big reason why we've been elite on defense. People are just starting to hate on Pascal for no reason at this point.
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,338

Post#176 » by aminiaturebuddha » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:42 am

execoftheyear wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:Siakam has also been doing it from day one. Effectively.

Pascal's defense is not overrated. He's a big reason why we've been elite on defense. People are just starting to hate on Pascal for no reason at this point.

Agreed. This video does a good job of providing his impressive defensive stats, and showing video examples of that good D in action.

;t=303s

We all know that OG's defence is All-NBA caliber. If Barnes' D can be close to that level and means that Siakam and Fred are the 3rd and 4th best defenders on the team, that's a scary defensive core to build upon. All well above average defenders playing together for an excellent defensive coach in Nurse. The Raptors are going to be hell to play against. The fact that none of them have made an All-Defensive team probably suggests that they're much closer to underrated than overrated.
Ackshun
General Manager

Post#177 » by Ackshun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:59 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Well Im not sure what you are basing that off of but Im just gonna present new information to you because to be fair whether or not you consider him to be explosive does not actually determine whether or not he is explosive. Hes definitely got top tier athleticism.

We were discussing explosiveness or quickness off the perimeter I thought.
Ackshun
General Manager

Post#178 » by Ackshun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:04 am

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:
Ackshun wrote:

Agreed. This video does a good job of providing his impressive defensive stats, and showing video examples of that good D in action.

;t=303s

We all know that OG's defence is All-NBA caliber. If Barnes' D can be close to that level and means that Siakam and Fred are the 3rd and 4th best defenders on the team, that's a scary defensive core to build upon. All well above average defenders playing together for an excellent defensive coach in Nurse. The Raptors are going to be hell to play against. The fact that none of them have made an All-Defensive team probably suggests that they're much closer to underrated than overrated.

OK fair enough but back to the root of this one topic here. I don't believe Pascal is suited to guard smaller, quicker guards.

YouTube videos are good and what not. Are you able to dig up some defense stats to prove me wrong? Last I checked, pretty sure they weren't good. Maybe I'm wrong.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,768

Post#179 » by Los_29 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:05 am

Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:

Barnes has never played a game in the NBA and OG has established himself as one of the best defenders in the entire league especially on the perimeter.

And Pascal's defense is actually underrated. He's a very good defender and one of the best defenders at his position. If Barnes can develop into the player that we all think he can then our defense is going to be elite because we'll have three players that can pretty much switch onto anybody.
Federalies
Rookie
And1: 1,424

Post#180 » by Federalies » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:28 am

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:
Ackshun wrote:

;t=303s

Nice find on the video!

Folks seem to forget that Siakam is still great on D even though he now needs to expend so much energy on O as the “#1 option”. It’s on the coaching staff to get others involved so Pascal doesn’t need to carry that burden alone. Surrounding him with FVV, GTJ, an ever improving OG and a serviceable C (Birch/Precious) should provide coach with plenty of options.

Return to Toronto Raptors