Cle / Orl

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,760

Cle / Orl 

Post#1 » by JJ_PR » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:49 am

Cleveland receives: Jonathan Isaac & Terrence Ross

Orlando receives: Kevin Love & '22 unprotected first

Why?

Cleveland gets a much needed wing. Ross is added to match salaries.

Orlando gets an unprotected first from a team that could miss the playoffs.

PG: Darius Garland / Ricky Rubio / Kevin Pangos
SG: Collin Sexton / Isaac Okoro / Terrence Ross / Denzel Valentine
SF: Jonathan Isaac / Cedi Osman / Dylan Windler
PF: Evan Mobley / Lauri Markkanen / Dean Wade
C: Jarrett Allen / Mfondu Kabengele
Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,266

Re: Cle / Orl 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:59 am

Isaac is more of a 4/5 after his knee injury. Also think you need to pay more if you're dumping love too.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,666

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:09 am

Can't imagine Orlando sells this low on Isaac. I'm not sure they'd trade him for Rubio's expiring and the unprotected 1st though the value would be fair. But asking them to eat the difference between Ross and Love makes this a clear no thanks.

But if you just want Ross, you could send Osman, a min contract, and a protected pick and surely get him no problem. If your target is really a wing.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,077

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:25 am

We have Allen and Mobley. We're not trading for Isaac. We're certainly not trading an unprotected pick to further imbalance the roster and save no money.

I'd be fine with a protected pick and Love for Ross and Harris though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,449

Post#5 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:53 am

Texas Chuck wrote:But if you just want Ross, you could send Osman, a min contract, and a protected pick and surely get him no problem. If your target is really a wing.

I like this a lot. Sign me up.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#6 » by tidho » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 pm

JJ_PR wrote: '22 unprotected first

this is how GM's get fired, and rightfully so
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#7 » by HornetJail » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:33 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Can't imagine Orlando sells this low on Isaac. I'm not sure they'd trade him for Rubio's expiring and the unprotected 1st though the value would be fair. But asking them to eat the difference between Ross and Love makes this a clear no thanks.

But if you just want Ross, you could send Osman, a min contract, and a protected pick and surely get him no problem. If your target is really a wing.

an unprotected 1st from Cleveland is low?

I don't disagree that Orlando may decline and just want to see Isaac in action, but this is more than fair value. I'm taking this and running if I'm the Magic. Cleveland's pick will be top 10.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#8 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:39 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Can't imagine Orlando sells this low on Isaac. I'm not sure they'd trade him for Rubio's expiring and the unprotected 1st though the value would be fair. But asking them to eat the difference between Ross and Love makes this a clear no thanks.

I don't disagree that Orlando may decline and just want to see Isaac in action, but this is more than fair value. I'm taking this and running if I'm the Magic. Cleveland's pick will be top 10.

Loves negative contract takes alot if the value out if the proposal. Right now orlando has tons of capspace/flexibility lined up for next offseason. Eating love will throw a wrench in their plans
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#9 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:43 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:

I agree. This is gold . Cavs have had a top 5 pick every non lebron year. Im predicting at worst if the Cavs get hot, the pick ends up top 10
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#10 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:

Loves negative contract takes alot if the value out if the proposal. Right now orlando has tons of capspace/flexibility lined up for next offseason. Eating love will throw a wrench in their plans

What plans? You see an impact player joining the magic via free agency in the next two seasons?
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#11 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:46 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:an unprotected 1st from Cleveland is low?

What plans? You see an impact player joining the magic via free agency in the next two seasons?

Assuming no extensions are agreed to there are a number of juicy RFA targets (JJJ/Bridges/MPJ/sexton to name a few) they could throw a max offer to
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,666

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:48 pm

I have Love's net nearly $40M in dead money offsetting the value of that pick. Unless that pick returns top 4 which even best scenario its 50/50 with these lotto odds, Love is more negative than the pick is positive and thus its just giving Isaac away for free. Which with his injuries could certainly end up being a value win, but if I'm as bad as Orlando I'm keeping my high risk/high reward player over eating Love and getting pick 7. Whoopee. Where does that ever get me?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:50 pm

kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:an unprotected 1st from Cleveland is low?

It's really just next summer.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#14 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:50 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Assuming no extensions are agreed to there are a number of juicy RFA targets (JJJ/Bridges/MPJ/sexton to name a few) they could throw a max offer to

Outside of sexton, I Think one year of love and a lotto pick better than maxing the rest at 30 million a year.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:56 pm

The Cavs have zero reason to trade for Isaac as currently constructed. The O.P. is a Sexton fan who doesn't want him traded for Simmons so he's proposing alternatives.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#16 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Guess depends on how high are you on Isaac . I don't see the potential worth the contract and injury risk. I rather get another swing in a deep draft 22 class. Have guys in the top 10 with star potential.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#17 » by HornetJail » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Ross and Isaac make as much as Love does next year. The only difference in your cap situation would be the amount that Cleveland's pick makes. Orlando has no financial reason to turn this trade down. If they want to keep Isaac instead of the pick, fine I respect that, but they lose no cap space next year with this move. In fact they may gain some when Love inevitable takes a buyout.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#18 » by Skybox » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:24 pm

I wouldn't do it from ORL side as I think Isaac is worth waiting on and it's not enough value back to eat Love's deal.

But, I really don't see why CLE would want another 7 footer.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#19 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:41 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan wrote:What plans? You see an impact player joining the magic via free agency in the next two seasons?

Ross and Isaac make as much as Love does next year. The only difference in your cap situation would be the amount that Cleveland's pick makes. Orlando has no financial reason to turn this trade down. If they want to keep Isaac instead of the pick, fine I respect that, but they lose no cap space next year with this move. In fact they may gain some when Love inevitable takes a buyout.

I assume ross wont be llong for this team/will be traded off this season, so it would be about 15-18m diff
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,760

Post#20 » by JJ_PR » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:The Cavs have zero reason to trade for Isaac as currently constructed. The O.P. is a Sexton fan who doesn't want him traded for Simmons so he's proposing alternatives.

Bingo! I think he's our most talented player overall & we should do everything in our power to keep him.

Return to Trades and Transactions