ImageImageImage

The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,246

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#181 » by TheMartian » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Triple7 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
TheMartian wrote:Why not Harry Giles though? Because he won't do 2-ways or exhibit 10 deals?

EDIT: Oh I see. He's signing with the Clippers.

I really don't understand why we didn't sign him. All we need is a big we can play in case of injuries who can play the 4/5. Maybe give him 10-12 minutes a night to keep fresh. Giles is more than capable of holding his own in this capacity and at just 23 y/o with very little mileage and experience, still has potential to unlock.

I agree. The kid has upside. He was just not given the chance in Portland. He has the size, can shoot and post up. plus he’s buddies with Jayson. The clips got him for non-guaranteed deal. low risk high reward.

Precisely. He's the low risk / high reward player I was hoping the C's would sign, and seeing him accept a non-guaranteed offer from the Clips makes me wonder even more. If he'd have gotten a similar offer from the C's, I'm pretty sure it would have been a no-brainer for him with his best buddy on the team. Looks like there was really no interest in him from the get go.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#182 » by djFan71 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:My bad. Richardson signed an extension and can't be traded this season.

he can't?

Depends on when trade deadline date falls. Player who signs an extension can't be traded for six months IINM.

tradenba.com says that. But, I don't think Josh meets the requirements to not be eligible.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q95

Extension was only 1 year, and I don't think the raise was over 5%, so I don't think he'd be restricted. But, I might be missing something.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#183 » by Hal14 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:18 pm

djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Hal14 wrote:he can't?

Depends on when trade deadline date falls. Player who signs an extension can't be traded for six months IINM.

tradenba.com says that. But, I don't think Josh meets the requirements to not be eligible.

Extension was only 1 year, and I don't think the raise was over 5%, so I don't think he'd be restricted. But, I might be missing something.

Man, I'm telling you. So many little wrinkles and nuances to this stuff. I swear it's like you need a PHD to be a GM in the NBA. I don't how one can know every single rule when it comes to draft picks, contracts, trades, free agency, etc.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,786

Post#184 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:25 pm

Hal14 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Depends on when trade deadline date falls. Player who signs an extension can't be traded for six months IINM.

Man, I'm telling you. So many little wrinkles and nuances to this stuff. I swear it's like you need a PHD to be a GM in the NBA. I don't how one can know every single rule when it comes to draft picks, contracts, trades, free agency, etc.

You need degrees from the University of Chicago and Harvard Law School.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#185 » by djFan71 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:24 pm

Hal14 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Depends on when trade deadline date falls. Player who signs an extension can't be traded for six months IINM.

Yep. Just the FAQ is hard to internalize the whole thing, imagine reading the actual CBA.
But, they also have their entire work week over years and years to do it.
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#186 » by moonie_mcgee » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:47 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:tradenba.com says that. But, I don't think Josh meets the requirements to not be eligible.

You need degrees from the University of Chicago and Harvard Law School.

:lol: good one curm.
but not a dissertation
That's the Way of the World
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,912

Post#187 » by ILC » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:49 pm

Zeroforwinger wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's a good thing we don't have Anthony Davis then! Lol.

Yet they were a much better offensive team with Schroeder on the floor than Rondo. I guess we see what’s important to AD.

Yeah, winning.

Btw, ORTG with Schroder last season:

Regular season 110.8, playoffs 102

With Rondo the year before:

Regular season 108.7, playoffs 117.6

Notice the trend.

Schroder is a fraud, will never amount to anything more than empty numbers and crumbling in playoffs. Celtics would've been much better off giving that MLE to Millsap and trading Dunn for Rondo
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,786

Post#188 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:04 am

LOL Schroder wasn't a fraud in Atlanta, when he killed us every time we played them.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#189 » by Darthlukey » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:49 am

ILC wrote:
Zeroforwinger wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yet they were a much better offensive team with Schroeder on the floor than Rondo. I guess we see what’s important to AD.

Yeah, winning.

Notice the trend.

Schroder is a fraud, will never amount to anything more than empty numbers and crumbling in playoffs. Celtics would've been much better off giving that MLE to Millsap and trading Dunn for Rondo

If we are really lucky....which is a big if, he puts in some quality minutes and we trade him, either for a late 1st if our season sucks or as part of a bigger deal
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#190 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:51 pm

ILC wrote:
Zeroforwinger wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, winning.

Notice the trend.

Rondo was excellent for them on that chip run, they would have lost without him (ffs rondoooo). Rondo also played with healthy AD and LBJ. AD didn't play much and LBJ hobbled his way through the last playoffs. I'm not saying Shro was good, damn near the entire Lakers team was mediocre... Montrezl was pretty much benched until they had few other options in that series.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#191 » by ParticleMan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:40 am

ILC wrote:
Zeroforwinger wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, winning.

Notice the trend.

i'm no Schroeder fan but that's a bit unfair. the Lakers offense is Lebron+AD, that's who failed last year, it wasn't just the difference between rondo and schroeder. Schroeder didn't help but Lebron+AD were clearly a lot worse than the previous year, that was the main difference in the ORTG.
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#192 » by Bohemian » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:30 am

Now we are all Schröder fans ☘️
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#193 » by Bohemian » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:23 am

A potential Celtics free agent target could be Chicago’s Zach LaVine, who is entering the final year of his contract. He will have to prove he can lead the Bulls to the playoffs before a contract extension. LaVine changed representation recently and signed with Klutch Sports, which is usually the move for players who want to maximize their free agent potential. LaVine, 26, just coming off helping Team USA to the gold medal, will ask for a maximum contract in the open market. The Olympic experience may have enhanced LaVine’s value because he was asked to be a three-and-D player, sparking the Americans with his full-court defense and ability to run the floor. In the case that Bradley Beal decides to stay in Washington, LaVine could be the Celtics’ No. 1 target.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/09/11/sports/chris-bosh-chris-webber-have-taken-different-paths-hall-fame/
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#194 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:31 pm

Bohemian wrote:Now we are all Schröder fans ☘️

:) Not really, but I want his best and I'll cheer for it. I have enjoyed him b4 now, but I'm not a fan.

S/N: I always forget to ask, but are you a Queen fan? Everytime I see your name I smile because Bohemian Rhapsody is my fav song by them. I love their music, even though I haven't really known of them that long. I knew a lot of their songs because you can't really miss them, especially being a sports fan but I didn't know who was singing them. I listen to their essentials playlist and I haven't heard a song I had to skip yet. All I hope is I don't run across something saying they were terrible people, I don't need more music ruined, I still can't watch the movie for fear of it.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,800

Post#195 » by Larry_Russell » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Bohemian wrote:
A potential Celtics free agent target could be Chicago’s Zach LaVine, who is entering the final year of his contract. He will have to prove he can lead the Bulls to the playoffs before a contract extension. LaVine changed representation recently and signed with Klutch Sports, which is usually the move for players who want to maximize their free agent potential. LaVine, 26, just coming off helping Team USA to the gold medal, will ask for a maximum contract in the open market. The Olympic experience may have enhanced LaVine’s value because he was asked to be a three-and-D player, sparking the Americans with his full-court defense and ability to run the floor. In the case that Bradley Beal decides to stay in Washington, LaVine could be the Celtics’ No. 1 target.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/09/11/sports/chris-bosh-chris-webber-have-taken-different-paths-hall-fame/

I really have been digging the idea rhat Lavine could end up a Celtic.

Smart
Lavine
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Thats a dangerous core
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,314

Post#196 » by Homerclease » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Want nothing to do with LaVine. Career loser
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#197 » by GoGreen » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:13 pm

Idk enough about Lavine, haven't watched him too much. Kid can score, I know that. But what's keeping the Bulls from signing him to a big deal? I'm sure they'd want him back.

Beal is also older and doesn't have much to prove. I think someone in his position, based on age and relationship with Tatum, would be more willing to take a back seat to the Jays. Only so much ball to go around. Zach might too, but again idk anything about the dude.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,219

Post#198 » by bisme37 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:15 pm

I'm bullish on Zach LaVine (pun intended). I think that Team USA experience is going to take him to the next level moving forward. He looked really good on defense, his athleticism is insane, and he played his role perfectly and contributed to winning. I think that was exactly the experience he needed to build confidence in himself individually and learn how to win as a team.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#199 » by Shak_Celts » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:16 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
Bohemian wrote:

Smart
Lavine
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Thats a dangerous core

That team can't happen, how can we afford it and what did we give up to get Lavine?
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,219

Post#200 » by bisme37 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Smart
Lavine
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Thats a dangerous core

That team can't happen, how can we afford it and what did we give up to get Lavine?

Party pooper.

Return to Boston Celtics