ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer Runs and Random Player Sightings

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Re: Summer Runs and Random Player Sightings 

Post#201 » by RaptorPride » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Spoiler:

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#202 » by djsunyc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:44 pm

he doesn't use his legs at all - all arm and wrist snap.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,887

Post#203 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:52 pm

gp2015 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:Yuta is in Toronto today (he said on his IG that he was stuck at Pearson for more than 6 hrs). Him, Scottie and Trent are here early likely bc they need to find homes and that takes time and as we’ve seen before players live in different neighborhoods in the GTA so it’s definitely important for them to choose the area that fits them best.

Don't they usually just buy/rent condos near downtown? Seems like that's what most of the players do, especially the younger guys without families.

Man if people knew that there would be 6 hours of processing? I would fly to Newark and then up to Billy Bishop. Six hours is inhuman. I'd do graffiti on the walls after that. I'm getting sick of big airports.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,410

Post#204 » by And1+2 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:59 pm

RaptorPride wrote:
Read on Twitter

HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,058

Post#205 » by HumbleRen » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:21 pm

RaptorPride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Couple months old.
OhCanada1091
Veteran
And1: 2,122

Post#206 » by OhCanada1091 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:35 pm

HumbleRen wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Couple months old.

They passing him that ball right in his shooting pocket nice and soft too.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#207 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:58 pm

He'll be passing Simmons by his 6th made three.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#208 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:19 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
And1Skip wrote:Yuta is in Toronto today (he said on his IG that he was stuck at Pearson for more than 6 hrs). Him, Scottie and Trent are here early likely bc they need to find homes and that takes time and as we’ve seen before players live in different neighborhoods in the GTA so it’s definitely important for them to choose the area that fits them best.

Don't they usually just buy/rent condos near downtown? Seems like that's what most of the players do, especially the younger guys without families.

Man if people knew that there would be 6 hours of processing? I would fly to Newark and then up to Billy Bishop. Six hours is inhuman. I'd do graffiti on the walls after that. I'm getting sick of big airports.

Pearson is ridiculously understaffed. Took me over two hours to get through customs, they had only 4-5 officers processing hundreds of people.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,635

Post#209 » by C_Money » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:42 pm

Most of the team is in Toronto except for the vets.
GLF
Junior
And1: 393

Post#210 » by GLF » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:29 pm

C_Money wrote:Most of the team is in Toronto except for the vets.

The only vet I know for sure is here is Fred VanVleet because his wife or girlfriend posted it. There are still some young guys we aren’t sure are here yet because they don’t really use social media. Like Malachi and Dalano and OG. Precious hasn’t posted anything about being here either
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#211 » by Ackshun » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:49 am

OhCanada1091 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:What makes you think he's not suited to defend smaller guard? All the stats are amongst the leagues best. He guards PG's very often. When we go 3-2 zone he plays the high man pressuring the ballhandlers.

Where did you find stats? I had trouble finding a y advanced defensive stats for him.

I agree. He is a problem in a zone défensive scheme. He has enough quickness and serious length in that scenario. I'm more thinking 1 on 1.

Watch the video.

It's a highlight video. I'm good.

I'm not saying he is a poor defender. I am saying I have seen him fail too many times on the switch against smaller, quicker guards.

Not sure why everyone finds that offensive. My **** opinion. My eyes.

**** annoying ass people
gbball
Starter
And1: 2,296

Post#212 » by gbball » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:10 am

Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Where did you find stats? I had trouble finding a y advanced defensive stats for him.

I agree. He is a problem in a zone défensive scheme. He has enough quickness and serious length in that scenario. I'm more thinking 1 on 1.

Watch the video.

I'm not saying he is a poor defender. I am saying I have seen him fail too many times on the switch against smaller, quicker guards.

**** annoying ass people

I think he's saying to watch the video because it's got the stats you were asking about.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#213 » by Ackshun » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:59 am

gbball wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:Watch the video.

**** annoying ass people

I think he's saying to watch the video because it's got the stats you were asking about.

Thanks. I assume the stats at the end of the video?

Some really impressive stats there. One that caught my eye was #5 overall in iso points. That's pretty wild. I guess my eyes need to be checked.
gbball
Starter
And1: 2,296

Post#214 » by gbball » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:09 am

Ackshun wrote:
gbball wrote:
Ackshun wrote:

**** annoying ass people

Thanks. I assume the stats at the end of the video?

Some really impressive stats there. One that caught my eye was #5 overall in iso points. That's pretty wild. I guess my eyes need to be checked.

Yeah, surprised me too to be honest. I think we really take a lot of what Siakam provides for granted.
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#215 » by Kreamy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:48 am

Scottie locking up Donovan Mitchell and Tim Hardaway Jr. in workouts :D

C_Money
RealGM

Post#216 » by C_Money » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:28 am

I’m more concerned about Scottie Barnes’ offence tbh. We already have OG for the lockdown defender role. If defence is all Scottie brings to the table then we wasted the 4th overall pick and an entire year of tanking.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,139

Post#217 » by gp2015 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 am

C_Money wrote:I’m more concerned about Scottie Barnes’ offence tbh. We already have OG for the lockdown defender role. If defence is all Scottie brings to the table then we wasted the 4th overall pick and an entire year of tanking.

It's going to take some time for sure but might be worth it at the end, like it is with OG. Look at how OG looked on offense when he first got here compared to now.

I'm expecting his offense to be pretty ugly for the first little while.

At the same time, it's not like we were getting our 1st, 2nd or 3rd offensive option picking at #4. We're going to need to find that somewhere else.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
C_Money
RealGM

Post#218 » by C_Money » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:26 am

gp2015 wrote:
C_Money wrote:I’m more concerned about Scottie Barnes’ offence tbh. We already have OG for the lockdown defender role. If defence is all Scottie brings to the table then we wasted the 4th overall pick and an entire year of tanking.

It's going to take some time for sure but might be worth it at the end, like it is with OG. Look at how OG looked on offense when he first got here compared to now.

At the same time, it's not like we were getting our 1st, 2nd or 3rd offensive option picking at #4. We're going to need to find that somewhere else.

Thats a very high pick though and its very likely Suggs is at least a 2nd option scorer in this league. I expect Scottie in his prime to be the same.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,058

Post#219 » by HumbleRen » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:33 am

C_Money wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

Thats a very high pick though and its very likely Suggs is at least a 2nd option scorer in this league. I expect Scottie in his prime to be the same.

90% of the 4th picks end up being a 4-5th offensive option on a team.
C_Money
RealGM

Post#220 » by C_Money » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:39 am

HumbleRen wrote:
C_Money wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

90% of the 4th picks end up being a 4-5th offensive option on a team.

This was not your typical draft though. There was 4 top prospects projected to be all stars and then “the rest”. I expect Barnes to be as good or better than Suggs. Or else why the hell did we draft him?

Return to Toronto Raptors