2021-22 Dynasty Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,336

2021-22 Dynasty Season 

Post#1 » by sunskerr » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 am

2021-2022 Dynasty League

Welcome to the sixth RealGM Suns Dynasty league season!

Please use this thread for discussion of the dynasty league.

RealGM Suns Forum Dynasty League spreadsheet (Please update the trade tab when you make a trade)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LWc-TP573LjiEJF8lfLFkEFcxhdicjLY9YnCy2YX4zk/edit#gid=0

Draft Order:
Spoiler:
1. KylerMurray (2nd round pick to Desert Fox, 5th round pick to Slim Charless)
2. MrMiyagi (3rd round pick to bigfoot)
3. Qwigglez
4. Terovibe
5. Stix (1st swapped TO sunskerr)
6. Wordsenuff
7. 8on (2nd round pick to sunskerr)
8. dmastro32
9. WeekapaugGroove * 8 keepers
10. wheezy
11. Slim Charless (3rd round pick to Kyler Murray)
12. DesertFox (4th round pick to Kyler Murray)
13. Bigfoot * 8 keepers (Miyagi gets his 2nd round pick)
14. Golanator
15. bwgood77 * 8 keepers
16. Sunskerr (1st swapped TO Stix, 3rd round pick to 8on)

RealGM Suns Forum Dynasty League spreadsheet (Draft results go here! I believe you can edit this without having a gmail account or signing it. And there is a separate tab for trade history as well)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LWc-TP573LjiEJF8lfLFkEFcxhdicjLY9YnCy2YX4zk/edit#gid=0

Draft Rules:
-You may make trades any time during the draft
-You may change your pick provided the next person has not drafted yet. Once the person after you has drafted, you cannot change your pick
-You have 24 hours once your pick is on the clock, but please be aware that we are close to the season start
-If you feel you cannot make your pick on time, feel free to PM bwgood77 or I with your ranked short list so we can pick for you
-If you do not make your pick within 24 hours, the next manager is on the clock and may make their pick. You may make your pick for that skipped pick at any time but you cannot choose a player already taken
Submitted Keepers:
Spoiler:
bigfoot - yes
bwgood - yes
dmastro32 - yes
wheezy - yes
desertfox - yes
sunskerr - yes
mrmiyagi - yes
Golanator - yes
Wordsenuff - yes
Stix - yes
Qwigglez - yes
KylerMurray - yes
weekapauggroove - yes
Terovibe - yes
8on - yes
Slim Charless - yes

Keeper deadline: 10/7

Returning managers: please enter your keepers on yahoo and/or the league spreadsheet (link below). There is no rush currently to declare keepers, but stay alert as we approach the season and draft time. Reminder that it is 7 keepers, or 8 and your first round pick is forfeited. Please notify of any draft picks that were traded, and if possible, enter the trade under the "trade" tab in the spreadsheet. You may also still make trades with non-keeper but still rostered players up until the draft.
New managers:
Spoiler:
I believe Slim Charlesss and 8on have both declared their interest most recently. Like the other leagues on the forum, the format is 8-cat roto. Please confirm your intent to participate here. You may directly inherit one of TASTIC's or MathiasPW's teams, but only if you both agree on which teams will be inherited. If you cannot agree (that is ok!) then Bwgood77 and I have worked out the details of an auction draft which will see the former players from MathiasPW and Tastic's being drafted.

This is subject to change, because if we are short on time we will have new managers do a snake draft (random order). If we hold the auction draft, the rules will be posted here. In either case, you will draft until either 7 players, or if you draft an 8th your first round pick (in the general FA draft) is forfeited.

MathiasPW's team
Jordan Clarkson
Derrick Rose
James Harden
Joe Harris
Myles Turner
Dillon Brooks
Nikola Vucevic
Facundo Campazzo
Mikal Bridges
Ricky Rubio
Danilo Gallinari
Kevin Love
T.J. Warren

TASTIC's team
DeMar DeRozan
Tobias Harris
Jimmy Butler Mia
Domantas Sabonis
Talen Horton-Tucker
Terry Rozier Cha
Terence Davis
KJ Martin Jr.
Darius Bazley OKC
Shake Milton Phi
Tyrese Maxey
Spencer Dinwiddie

21-22 DYNASTY AUCTION DRAFT FOR NEW MANAGERS

[spoiler]Please take your time as new managers to understand the process, as well as for returning managers to see that this is a fair process. There are some intricacies that this draft will have because of having to transpose an auction into a dynasty league that is several years old. We promise they are not particularly insane and is actually pretty simple once we get moving.

Budget: $140

Time per bidding round: 24 hours

Starting bid prices
>$1 players
James Harden $35
Domantas Sabonis $25
Jimmy Butler $20
Nikola Vucevic $17
Myles Turner $15
Tobias Harris $10
Mikal Bridges $8
Terry Rozier $5
DeMar DeRozan $4
Spencer Dinwiddie $2

$1 players
Jordan Clarkson
Derrick Rose
Joe Harris
Dillon Brooks
Facundo Campazzo
Ricky Rubio
Danilo Gallinari
Kevin Love
T.J. Warren
Talen Horton-Tucker
Terence Davis
KJ Martin Jr.
Darius Bazley
Shake Milton
Tyrese Maxey
Devonte' Graham

Nomination order
1. 8on
2. Slim Charless
*do not worry about nomination order. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Procedure: A manager will nominate a player at the starting bid price (for example, if a manager nominates Steph Curry, Steph Curry is nominated at $15) to begin the bidding round (24 hour clock starts here). Managers will then take turns bidding in whole (no decimals!) increments equal to or greater than $1. When a manager does not wish to place any further bids, then the player is drafted to the highest bidder's team. Notify by posting when you do not wish to bid higher. Then, if it is your turn to nominate a player, you may do so immediately, and the bidding clock resets to 24 hours for the new round of bidding.

We are enforcing starting bid prices to speed the draft process up, as we are short on time, and because this auction is done manually on this forum, I am anticipating it to take a bit of time.

After bidding for a player has concluded, the manager who did not nominate a player last bidding round makes his nomination.

ex. Manager 1 nominates Steph Curry -> managers take turns bidding up to $47 before manager 2 decides not to bid further -> Manager 1 is awarded Steph Curry for $47 -> It is manager 2's turn to nominate a player.

A player has $0 remaining in their budget:
A player with $0 remaining in their budget may still nominate a player (and must do so if their roster is less than 7 players). The other manager may bid on that player provided they have enough $ in their budget remaining. However, if no bid is placed on that player, that player is drafted to the nominating manager's team.

ex. Manager 1 has $0 in their budget and 5 players on their roster -> Manager 1 nominates Steph Curry at $1 -> Manager 2 decides not to bid $2 despite having $2 or more remaining in their budget -> Steph Curry is drafted to Manager 1 ->it is manager 2's turn to nominate a player.

Starting bids are at about half of what the overall bids should finalize at, since total budget is $140 each ($280 total) and the starting bids of the top 10 players plus 4 more are $145.

We are enforcing this rule to ensure roster sizes meet the 7 player minimum before the general FA draft. Hypothetically speaking, if a manager spends all his money on two or three players, then the other manager can acquire every remaining talented player. Because of this, please be aware of your budget and plan accordingly, because if you run out of money you will not be able to place bids. A manager with 7 players and $0 remaining may also still nominate a player if they wish to attempt acquiring an eighth player before the draft. But as mentioned, keeping an eighth player results in forfeiting your 1st round draft pick.

Important notice: Because last year there were trades involving MathiasPW's and TASTIC's draft picks, the manager who drafts Harden will inherit MathiasPW's draft pick trades and draft position. The other manager will inherit TASTIC's draft pick trades and draft position. This is to preserve fairness to the owners on the opposite ends of these trades and preserves the value of making draft pick swaps. Click below to see the draft pick trades made last season and refer to the draft order or league spreadsheet for the entire draft picture.
-MathiasPW trades his 3rd round (38th) pick for KylerMurrays 5th round (60th) pick
-TASTIC trades his 2nd round (18th overall) pick for Sunskerr's 3rd round (43rd) pick

If you have any questions, or see something that may not have been covered, do not hesitate to ask. This is a first for the league and a lot of work had to go into bringing over an auction draft into an ongoing dynasty league with not much time before the season, so please understand if there are errors. Errors will be resolved as fairly as possible. We stress that new owners try to be active on the forum during this time.

Auction Draft Results
1. Myles Turner $28 - 8on ($112)
2. Joe Harris $1 - Slim Charless ($139)
3. Terry Rozier $21 - 8on ($91)
4. Domantas Sabonis $36 - 8on ($55)
5. Mikal Bridges $19 - 8on ($36)
6. James Harden $37- Slim Charless ($102)
7. Dillon Brooks $5 - 8on ($31)
8. Jimmy Butler $25 - Sim Charless ($77)
9. Dinwiddie $2 - 8on ($29)
10. Nikola Vucevic $30 - Slim Charless ($47)
11. Tobias Harris $11 - Slim Charless ($36)
12. DeMar DeRozan $29 - 8on ($0)
13. TJ Warren $1 - Slim Charless ($35)
14. Jordan Clarkson $1 - Slim Charless ($34)

*Also I'd like to add that until the keeper deadline (October 1st), 8on and Slim Charless may change their players/keepers from the auction pool (MathiasPW's and TASTIC's former players). Since everyone else is still deciding their keepers, this is more fair for them in the case of any unforeseen injuries/trades. Had to think about this for a second but it makes the most sense given that everyone else has the advantage of waiting until the deadline to submit keepers.
Resources
We've all been away from fantasy basketball since the season ended in May. Here are some well-regarded resources to get all of us back up to speed.

Josh Lloyd Fantasy Basketball:daily videos, mocks, player discussion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1I9lmlRwqSehJzlRo6DKqg
BasketballMonster: z-score based season rankings. click punt TO for 8 cat
www.basketballmonster.com
Hashtag basketball: dynasty rankings sorted by overall, competing, and rebuilding
https://hashtagbasketball.com/
Rotoworld depth charts
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/basketball/nba/depth-charts
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Dynasty 21-22 check in (Kerrsed, weekapaug), keepers, new managers (Slim Charles & 8on) 

Post#2 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 pm

I'm in

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,355

Re: Dynasty 21-22 check in (Kerrsed, weekapaug), keepers, new managers (Slim Charles & 8on) 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:44 pm

Kerrsed said he's in via DM on twitter...just busy with a new job.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#4 » by 8on » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:30 pm

Confirmed.

I'd lean towards Mathias' team. If Slim was thinking the same thing, I'm open to drafting
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#5 » by bigfoot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 am

bwgood77 wrote:Kerrsed said he's in via DM on twitter...just busy with a new job.

Could you tweet him to have him check his realgm PMs.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,355

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:02 am

8on wrote:Confirmed.

I'd lean towards Mathias' team. If Slim was thinking the same thing, I'm open to drafting

Yes, both players want that team so we will do an auction after playing out various scenarios. sunskerr can lay out the details shortly.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Re: Dynasty 21-22 check in, keepers, new managers (Slim Charles) 

Post#7 » by wheezy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Any way we get the draft order set within the tiers before we set keepers?
wordsenuff
Pro Prospect
And1: 355

Post#8 » by wordsenuff » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:57 pm

wheezy wrote:Any way we get the draft order set within the tiers before we set keepers?

this
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,144

Re: Dynasty 21-22 check in, keepers, new managers (Slim Charles 8on) 

Post#9 » by Slim Charless » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:04 am

In.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#10 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:20 am

wordsenuff wrote:
wheezy wrote:Any way we get the draft order set within the tiers before we set keepers?

this

I think we're just doing reverse standings in groups of 4 this year. It was a weird season with lots of players missing significant time that couldn't reasonably be dropped just to make the activity threshold. Kerrsed was slammed the hardest iirc.

Tiers should look like this:
Tier 1 (Picks 1-4):
Waxed Off (MrMiyagi)
Balls Deep (Kerrsed)
Ulquiorra (KylerMurray)
Qwigglez (Qwigglez)

Tier 2 (Picks 5-8):
Three 6 Lativia (Stix)
Wordsenuff (Wordsenuff)
Tobias Gets Funke (Tastic/New Owner)
DBook_in_ur_Mouth (dmastro32)

Tier 3 (Picks 9-12):
This Team Rated PG13 (Desertfox)
No "I" in Harden (MathiasPW/New Owner)
WeakapaugGroove (WeakapaugGroove)
The Fresh Princes (wheezy)

Tier 4 (Picks 13-16)
Lillard Time (Golanator)
bwgood77 (bwgood77)
Bigfoot Ballers (bigfoot)
Sunkerr's Team (Sunskerr)
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#11 » by sunskerr » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:06 am

I will have the draft lottery done soon. We'll be rolling shortly.

edit: I'll be uploading the result of each tier in the original post starting with the bottom tier.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#12 » by Slim Charless » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:
8on wrote:Confirmed.

Yes, both players want that team so we will do an auction after playing out various scenarios. sunskerr can lay out the details shortly.

I'm fine with 8on taking Harden-if I can get a choice of 4 guys from either team. Otherwise an auction is cool too. Whatever's easier.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#13 » by sunskerr » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:59 am

Draft order done! See original post for the order.

Congratulations to KylerMurray on receiving the 1st pick! And a relief for MrMiyagi to not fall out of the top 2 after completely blowing up his roster. Maybe a little bit sad for Kerrsed to fall to 4th after the ridiculously injury plagued season he had. The 2nd tier of managers did not change at all, which is somewhat boring.

edit: auction draft guide added to the original post.
8on
RealGM

Post#14 » by 8on » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 am

sunskerr wrote:Draft order done! See original post for the order.

Congratulations to KylerMurray on receiving the 1st pick! And a relief for MrMiyagi to not fall out of the top 2 after completely blowing up his roster. Maybe a little bit sad for Kerrsed to fall to 4th after the ridiculously injury plagued season he had. The 2nd tier of managers did not change at all, which is somewhat boring.

Looks good. Can I nominate a player immediately or should I wait?
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#15 » by sunskerr » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:48 am

8on wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Draft order done! See original post for the order.

Looks good. Can I nominate a player immediately or should I wait?

Up to you.

I should probably advise that if the 24 hour time limit per round of bidding is not enough, we can always remove it. Both managers should have an opportunity to keep bidding for players they like. But we should do our best to abide by it. It will probably be enforced more strictly towards the latter end of the auction draft, or if we start really running short on time before the season begins.
8on
RealGM

Re: Dynasty 21-22 congratulations KylerMurray(#1 pick), new manager auction draft 

Post#16 » by 8on » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:54 am

Myles Turner $15
Slim Charless wrote:up
Slim Charless
General Manager

Re: Dynasty 21-22 congratulations KylerMurray(#1 pick), new manager auction draft 

Post#17 » by Slim Charless » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:08 am

8on
RealGM

Post#18 » by 8on » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 am

Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#19 » by Slim Charless » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:15 am

8on wrote:20

8on
RealGM

Post#20 » by 8on » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:15 am

Slim Charless wrote:
8on wrote:20

Return to Phoenix Suns