ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh Hall of Fame Speech

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Chris Bosh Hall of Fame Speech 

Post#1 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm

This is on the GB but it should probably be here too. Just started listening and still waiting to hear him talk about the Raps but I imagine he will...at least i think he will...8 minutes...13 minutes in... :-? ...or..hmm...i guess not...and now i know why this speech wasn't posted on our board. oh well, what the hell, good for him...powerful speech

;t=132s
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,676

Re: Chris Bosh Hall of Fame Speech 

Post#2 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Let the Heat celebrate him, I'm done caring.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#3 » by Danny1616 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Glosses over the first 7 years of his career, with the team that made him a franchise player, gave him all the opportunities to excel, voted him as a starter into the all-star game, treated him like a king his entire time, and where he had his most productive years.

He's a good speaker, but very strange to skip over the first half of his career.

Also if Chris Bosh is a HOFer, Lowry deserves to get in the HOF easily.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#4 » by Reeko » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:55 pm

"I got drafted by Toronto", that was the extent of his trip down memory lane with the Raptors. Regardless, it was an excellent speech.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,489

Post#5 » by Duffman100 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Gee, thanks Bosh... really appreciate the love you gave Toronto.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,676

Post#6 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:00 pm

He screwed us over, crapped on us as he left town. Now that nobody cares about him as the third wheel, they want to paint him as a "Raptor Legend". :lol:
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,145

Post#7 » by rapstarter » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:01 pm

Not surprising. '19 Championship is the only time he ever wanted to be associated with us.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#8 » by MixxSRC » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:01 pm

He never mentions Toronto and then he's surprised people only remember him for his Heat days.
Raptors Realtor
Veteran
And1: 2,851

Post#9 » by Raptors Realtor » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Once he left he became so bitter towards the franchise & the city which never made sense to me. To not acknowledge us during his speech isn't surprising, but is pure disrespect, especially after he received a standing-O here during the 18-19 Finals, which I'm not gonna lie, made me cringe because I've been over this guy for years.

kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,998

Post#10 » by kalel123 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:11 pm

This is why I'm never sad that he got what he got when he got it.
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,414

Post#11 » by PD28 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:20 pm

I've always been in the camp that he shouldn't get his jersey retired here, and I hope more people see why after this. He was a good player here, nothing more.
Smokee
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#12 » by Smokee » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Let’s face it. As far as former Raptors “stars” are concerned, he’s been filed under “who cares” by the general fan base. He was nothing more than the girl you hook up with after a serious relationship ends and before the next one starts. Just an insignificant blip.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,570

Post#13 » by NeoDragonKnight » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Anything he would say about Toronto would have been fake anyways. The only time he had anything good to say about us is when he was showing up during the championship run to be in the spotlight. It always rubbed me the wrong way, he really is dead to me as a Raptor despite 2006-07 being one of my favorite seasons ever.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,922

Post#14 » by NinjaBro » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:34 pm

NeoDragonKnight wrote:Anything he would say about Toronto would have been fake anyways. The only time he had anything good to say about us is when he was showing up during the championship run to be in the spotlight. It always rubbed me the wrong way, he really is dead to me as a Raptor despite 2006-07 being one of my favorite seasons ever.

Man, I loved that 2006 team. It was so much fun. I've been a Raptors fan since day 1 but only casually and grew as Carter came along. Prior to that I was a HUGE Jays and Leafs fan. I remember every year scrambling to get opening day tickets for Jays games, it was a national holiday to me. But it wasn't until that 2006 season that every Raptors game was can't miss, even more than the Vince Carter years. Unlike the Carter years, everyone on the 2006 roster was so likeable.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,793

Post#15 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:Once he left he became so bitter towards the franchise & the city which never made sense to me. To not acknowledge us during his speech isn't surprising, but is pure disrespect, especially after he received a standing-O here during the 18-19 Finals, which I'm not gonna lie, made me cringe because I've been over this guy for years.

Marlon Brando. What a dude...
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,685

Post#16 » by Badonkadonk » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Exactly why he got so little respect on this board when his HOF inclusion was anounced.

viewtopic.php?p=90859811#p90859811
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,427

Post#17 » by Jcity08 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Hopefully now like Vince, we can stop talking about this man and move on.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,570

Post#18 » by NeoDragonKnight » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:44 pm

NinjaBro wrote:
NeoDragonKnight wrote:Anything he would say about Toronto would have been fake anyways. The only time he had anything good to say about us is when he was showing up during the championship run to be in the spotlight. It always rubbed me the wrong way, he really is dead to me as a Raptor despite 2006-07 being one of my favorite seasons ever.

Man, I loved that 2006 team. It was so much fun. I've been a Raptors fan since day 1 but only casually and grew as Carter came along. Prior to that I was a HUGE Jays and Leafs fan. I remember every year scrambling to get opening day tickets for Jays games, it was a national holiday to me. But it wasn't until that 2006 season that every Raptors game was can't miss, even more than the Vince Carter years. Unlike the Carter years, everyone on the 2006 roster was so likeable.

Agreed, that was a super cinderella story, and had one of the highest BBiq teams and top 1-2 ball movement teams we ever had. If that team got their #$% together from the start, it would have been a 50 win season. And Garbo going down was a disaster as Joey Graham (though played passable in the end of the regular season) had one of the worst playoff performances from a Raptor I have ever seen, to the point his mom and brother called him out, I dont blame him, he was a rookie but damn...should have just played Peterson at that point. Once we started to lose those players 1 by 1 without good replacement and selfish players, because of BC's mismanagement, the team quickly went down the crapper.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,101

Post#19 » by duppyy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:51 pm

I remember when he signed with the heat someone said he was like Dwade's lapdog during the FA process lol.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#20 » by Danny1616 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:55 pm

NeoDragonKnight wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

Agreed, that was a super cinderella story, and had one of the highest BBiq teams and top 1-2 ball movement teams we ever had. If that team got their #$% together from the start, it would have been a 50 win season. And Garbo going down was a disaster as Joey Graham (though played passable in the end of the regular season) had one of the worst playoff performances from a Raptor I have ever seen, to the point his mom and brother called him out, I dont blame him, he was a rookie but damn...should have just played Peterson at that point. Once we started to lose those players 1 by 1 without good replacement and selfish players, because of BC's mismanagement, the team quickly went down the crapper.

Losing Garbo late in the season was a huge loss. I think we win the Nets series with him.

Also don't forget TJ Ford had an excellent season until he suffered an injury before the playoffs. Then of course his career basically ended in the beginning of the 2008 season. Ford in my opinion, if he could have stayed healthy, was developing into an all-star PG. Him and Bosh had great chemistry as well.

Ford, Bosh, Parker, Garbo, Bargnani, Calderon etc. obviously wasn't a championship contender, but could have been a 50 win team if everyone stayed healthy.

Return to Toronto Raptors