Image ImageImage Image

Ryan Arcidiacono?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Re: Ryan Arcidiacono? 

Post#21 » by League Circles » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:26 am

I honestly thought he brought most of what Sato brought and some things Sato didn't, for a fraction of the cost. He does suck though. Yeah I'm glad we lost Sato lol. Arci is fine as a third string PG but we don't need him.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#22 » by ArtMorte » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:06 am

A point-guard who can't take on defenders off the dribble is always gonna find it tough staying in the NBA.

I'll miss the most him pulling the chair on bigger guys in the post, he had a few great ones.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#23 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:34 am

Put him on the coaching staff and start grooming him .
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#24 » by ArtMorte » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:11 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Put him on the coaching staff and start grooming him .

Why would he join the coaching staff at 27-years-old? He's gonna play somewhere, maybe not the NBA, but somewhere.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#25 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:05 pm

didn't realize he'd been kicked to the curb since we signed Caruso

Glad he made @ 9 MIL in the in the NBA

Maybe he'll get lucky and end up on some contenders bench. I mean we all thought Cam Payne was out of the league or in China and next thing you know we're watching him in the NBA Finals.

kinda seems like a cheaper version of Caruso we could have kept.
Is Caruso THAT much better.....???
Archie was out there sacrificing his body in garbage time trying to prove he belonged.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#26 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:45 pm

ArtMorte wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Put him on the coaching staff and start grooming him .

Why would he join the coaching staff at 27-years-old? He's gonna play somewhere, maybe not the NBA, but somewhere.

Haven’t you seen him slicked back and sexy? That’s a baby’s Riley if I ever saw one……DUH
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#27 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:49 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:didn't realize he'd been kicked to the curb since we signed Caruso

Glad he made @ 9 MIL in the in the NBA

Maybe he'll get lucky and end up on some contenders bench. I mean we all thought Cam Payne was out of the league or in China and next thing you know we're watching him in the NBA Finals.

kinda seems like a cheaper version of Caruso we could have kept.
Is Caruso THAT much better.....???
Archie was out there sacrificing his body in garbage time trying to prove he belonged.

Yes Caruso is that much better. AC isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread but he is a legit NBA player. He is sneaky athletic and can stay on the court against top competition. He might be a bit overpaid by us but yes he is a huge upgrade to Arci.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#28 » by khufure » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:53 pm

RagingBull316 wrote:It's no surprise he hasn't landed on another team, he is not a NBA Player and never should have been. Only Gar/Pax would sign a player like him to a guaranteed deal.

You are acting like he has no skills and was an embarrassment to have on the team. He can shoot the 3. He can handle the ball well enough to not turn it over and set the offense. He plays ferocious pesky infectious defense. He's 6'3" with decent-good speed. Good attitude & team player that multiple coaches have praised.

I hope he lands somewhere in the US.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#29 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:44 pm

one thing gar/pax were good at was finding needles in the pg haystack. dinwiddie, payne, etc.
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#30 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 5:01 pm

He's not a bad player, we just needed more from the PG position. He should go to a good playoff team with a pretty strong bench where he can be a third stringer and not have to do much other than come in and run the offense in a pinch.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#31 » by kodo » Wed Sep 8, 2021 6:42 pm

TBH, even Temple was better than Arci, much less Caruso. Temple was a zero on offense though, Caruso & Arci can shoot the 3.
I still love his hustle and he was one of the best in the league at taking charges.

He's not a bad player, we just needed more from the PG position

Agreed, I think his position hurts his career. You just can't have your quarterback be a zero on offense. Even LAC decided that Beverley wasn't going to work as a PG.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#32 » by LateNight » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:04 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:He's not a bad player, we just needed more from the PG position. He should go to a good playoff team with a pretty strong bench where he can be a third stringer and not have to do much other than come in and run the offense in a pinch.

This. He's not a bad player at all. Archi is skilled and works hard, he just has some limitations. He'd be a good end of bench guy for a lot of teams, or a solid starter overseas. Guy can put up some legit highlights every now and then
Taikuri
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#33 » by Taikuri » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 pm

sljdaddy
Junior
And1: 109

Post#34 » by sljdaddy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:33 pm

The second coming of Rusty Larue.

It's true that GarPax, and many of the Bulls fans, have a consistent hard-on for hard playing good citizen nice guys with little talent. A midwestern blue collar mentality perhaps, that shuns brash talented potential in favor of Grabowskis that "do the things that don't show up on the stat sheet ..."

Ends up with a team stat sheet that looks like crap.

This new FO is setting a new tone. Arci will be a good college coach someday. But, the Bulls are stacked with guards.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 729

Post#35 » by Hold That » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:48 pm

If Ryan didnt look like an all American hockey player. Nobody on this board would care where he ended up.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#36 » by kodo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:56 pm

Probably a good landing spot, the Warriors when fully health have a ton of guard offense and Ryan can focus on being a hustler.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#37 » by ChettheJet » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:11 pm

I don't get the classification of working out. I don't remember him being injured, I doubt he's out of shape, if GSW don't have enough game film on a three year NBA player to know what he can do then what in the heck are they looking at?
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#38 » by khufure » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:04 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I don't get the classification of working out. I don't remember him being injured, I doubt he's out of shape, if GSW don't have enough game film on a three year NBA player to know what he can do then what in the heck are they looking at?

IMO he's competing for a roster spot. I guess you'd have to be a Warriors insider to know for sure.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,872

Post#39 » by Wingy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:04 am

Hold That wrote:If Ryan didnt look like an all American hockey player. Nobody on this board would care where he ended up.

If it wasn’t so inflammatory...oh what the heck. Let’s be honest:

A lot of white privilege for a guy with Arci’s lack of NBA-level talent to stick so long, and actually get run, and be liked by fans for being the good ole underdog.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 729

Post#40 » by Hold That » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 am

Wingy wrote:
Hold That wrote:If Ryan didnt look like an all American hockey player. Nobody on this board would care where he ended up.

If it wasn’t so inflammatory...oh what the heck. Let’s be honest:

A lot of white privilege for a guy with Arci’s lack of NBA-level talent to stick so long, and actually get run, and be liked by fans for being the good ole underdog.

There’s some privilege there but I felt he stuck because he was a good lockeroom guy, hustled, and handsome as well. Wouldn’t be surprised if Paxson oddly saw a lot of himself in Ryan. He was definitely a front office favorite.

AK isn’t american born and I doubt Mark Eversley gives a damn about Ryan which is why he’s looking for work.

I mention looks because anyone who’s worked in the workforce knows being attractive and personable can keep you around longer than what you deserve. If Ryan looked like Rusty LaRue he’d been off the team 2 seasons ago.

Return to Chicago Bulls